• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I mean we are surely the choking masters but the last 3 football games I watched were the rams driving under the 2 minute, the raiders going to win the game in under 2 with no timeouts, and the broncos doing basically the same. teams just can’t stop the 2 minute offense

oh i was just being snarky
in an offence-driven league, so many close games just come down to who has the ball last
and tbf to the chiefs they were gonna have the ball last until that interception

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
I’ll laugh if we beat the Chiefs when we play them and then somehow miss the Playoffs by losing to the Browns. It would be so Ravens.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
I’ll laugh if we beat the Chiefs when we play them and then somehow miss the Playoffs by losing to the Browns. It would be so Ravens.
If we beat the Chiefs when we play them and then somehow miss the Playoffs by losing to the Browns, I'll cry. It WOULD be so Ravens.

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
The bad about the win vs cincy: There’s a good chance I end up in college in Colorado and if we finish second in the division we play the chargers in La (where I will be leaving from) instead of the broncos in Denver. Smh

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
It really would be. I wouldn’t be shocked at all.

And playing Flacco against the chiefs would be dumb as fuck. You gotta keep the ball out of mahomes’ hand And we can’t run the ball with Flacco

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
I have the pats and saints in the super bowl so I agree on both parts. I saw the chiefs with the ball with 8 minutes left and I started doing the scoring math, and had no doubt kc would lose

I wonder when coordinators will finally start using math more at the end. I understand you score when you can but during those times everyone is looking for the big play as a “game winner” in today’s nfl if you score and are up by less then 2 right around 2 minutes left, your almost guarnteeded to lose the game. Run the ball nore. Kc was in a hurry on there drives with 8 and 6 left.. if I had 6 minutes left and a full field I’m doing everything I can to stay in bounds and take time off. Preferable score with under a minute

It’s one thing to stop a team from a td I get that but how many times does a team that only needs a fg to win fail to drive the field?
You realize KC didn’t lose because of “math” They lost because Mahomes threw 2 picks on back to back drives at the end of the game. They could’ve driven down the field instead and easily would have won.

Your game math might work in some circumstances but in this one it does not.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
You realize KC didn’t lose because of “math” They lost because Mahomes threw 2 picks on back to back drives at the end of the game. They could’ve driven down the field instead and easily would have won.

what's incredible is the chiefs scored 51 points even though mahomes had 5 turnovers

Tank

Hall of Famer
what's incredible is the chiefs scored 51 points even though mahomes had 5 turnovers
On top of all the points there were 56 first downs between the two teams. Crazy.

I only saw the first half but for me the lack of defense made the game kind of boring.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
On top of all the points there were 56 first downs between the two teams. Crazy.

I only saw the first half but for me the lack of defense made the game kind of boring.

what's crazy though is defence probably made the biggest plays of the day - and contributed to 35 of the 104 points total...

the rams defence had 5 turnovers including 2 tds - the game was crazy and the best player on the field might have been on defence despite all the scoring
i loved that game - the 2nd half was wild though

Tank

Hall of Famer
what's crazy though is defence probably made the biggest plays of the day - and contributed to 35 of the 104 points total...

the rams defence had 5 turnovers including 2 tds - the game was crazy and the best player on the field might have been on defence despite all the scoring
i loved that game - the 2nd half was wild though
Yeah, I realize the turnovers but really the Rams still allowed 51 points. Right?

Who do you think was the best player on the field? Donald?

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator

Well my entire point Was the rams also scored to fast after seeing exactly what happened to the chiefs. They took an end zone shot with 1:40

Then they got the ball back and proceeded to pass the ball twice (WITH GURLEY IN THE BACKFIELD WTF) and took the amazing stop their defense made and had to make them do it again. Obviously I realize you score if you can but I don’t get the rams taking that endzone shot with 1:40 left and the best back in the league or not running right after their first pick

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Well my entire point Was the rams also scored to fast after seeing exactly what happened to the chiefs. They took an end zone shot with 1:40

Then they got the ball back and proceeded to pass the ball twice (WITH GURLEY IN THE BACKFIELD WTF) and took the amazing stop their defense made and had to make them do it again. Obviously I realize you score if you can but I don’t get the rams taking that endzone shot with 1:40 left and the best back in the league or not running right after their first pick

gurley got hurt early in the game so they were purposefully limiting his snaps

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
I wish the ravens would find a song or tradition to make it out thing. I know we have seven nation army but so does every single sports team in America

The bruins have kern craft, the Steelers have their towels and renegade (which makes me really jealous)
I wish they’d vote on a new song or a towel or some crap idk

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor

Mayfield will leap over the goalline in dramatic fashion and we'll get to watch it as a commercial on NFL Network ten million times over the next year.