• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
I find it weird that everyone is just assuming Wilson is the starter for the Steelers. Both of them last year were bottom 8 QBs in the NFL and I am not sure there is significant gap between them in terms of ability. Wilson could only do one play well last year (play action deep ball) and I am not sure the Steelers want to build their entire offense around a QB who can only do one play. Meanwhile Fields is younger, with more upside, and being paid more, so it seems like he should have the natural leg up in the QB competition. I do not think either one is very good but Fields is at least young enough that you can say he could become good whereas Wilson looks washed up.
I literally bet anything we will play Wilson once and fields once next year

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer

Is that stat real or just ragebait? 9 INTs reversed a season Vs 1 per year for #2?

I suppose I can understand if Mahomes figures are high, because he does tend to launch it downfield if he sees a flag, but don't a lot of QBs do that?
I believe this 100%. Another reason why I don't enjoy watching Chiefs game. It'd be a bad throw from Mahomes or an amazing INT from the DB followed by the yellow flag graphic on the screen followed by Mahomes pointing at the defense over and over again followed by the defense getting a flag followed by a KC scoring drive. Far too often.

But because OURavens posted it, I can see it being ragebait to an extent. Bro LOVES to torture himself with posts like this LMAO.

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
I believe this 100%. Another reason why I don't enjoy watching Chiefs game. It'd be a bad throw from Mahomes or an amazing INT from the DB followed by the yellow flag graphic on the screen followed by Mahomes pointing at the defense over and over again followed by the defense getting a flag followed by a KC scoring drive. Far too often.

But because OURavens posted it, I can see it being ragebait to an extent. Bro LOVES to torture himself with posts like this LMAO.
Whoa! That last part was uncalled for. Lol I agree completely tho with EVERYTHING in your post

Sooky

Pro Bowler
I know Monken’s system worked okay for the running game. Wasn’t nearly as dominant as with Roman, but could you imagine if the Ravens had Henry during the Roman tenure? Probably wouldn’t of changed the playoff outcome from previous years, but the regular season would’ve been fun as hell to watch.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
If the ravens possibly could trade Isiah Likely. Is it possible they could get the 2nd or 3rd round pick for him?
I just see absolutely no reason why we would trade him. Dude's on his rookie deal, easily our #2 TE, and could possibly see more 2 TE sets. Makes no sense at this juncture.

Sandtown

Pro Bowler
I just see absolutely no reason why we would trade him. Dude's on his rookie deal, easily our #2 TE, and could possibly see more 2 TE sets. Makes no sense at this juncture.
I think if a team called the ravens and potentially was willing to give up a 2nd or 3rd round pick for him then I think they would have a open ear on the matter especially if they feel like that extra 2nd or 3rd could put them in position to draft more talent at the offensive line position. I'm a fan of Likely but I wonder how often will the ravens be willing to use 2 tight end sets though. Would it mean lesser snaps for Ricard and Kolar whom are better assets as blockers ? Or maybe the 2 tight end sets are something the team uses mostly on obvious passing downs?

Tank

Hall of Famer
I think if a team called the ravens and potentially was willing to give up a 2nd or 3rd round pick for him then I think they would have a open ear on the matter especially if they feel like that extra 2nd or 3rd could put them in position to draft more talent at the offensive line position. I'm a fan of Likely but I wonder how often will the ravens be willing to use 2 tight end sets though. Would it mean lesser snaps for Ricard and Kolar whom are better assets as blockers ? Or maybe the 2 tight end sets are something the team uses mostly on obvious passing downs?
"You can never have enough tight ends"

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I hope not. Ravens are bleeding talent at the speed of light.
Right. I’m of the belief that mark andrews is not replaceable and his innate understanding of football and defenses can’t be replicated by likely, but I’d rather trade mark for a bigger return and bigger savings and roll with Likely if it ever came to that.

Ravens need to hold on to all the cheap young and healthy talent they can get their hands on, because they have A LOT of salary cap going to older players who are spending lots of time injured.

Sandtown

Pro Bowler
I hope not. Ravens are bleeding talent at the speed of light.
That's understandable but this is also Likely third year in the NFL. How long will he be willing to be just the back up tight end if he feels like he's demonstrated that he's worth being a starting tight end? He's not going to always be on the field as the team will still most likely be using Ricard for blocking purposes. It's just something I thought about as the draft approaches because if he can potentially be used to help this team draft a potential starting offensive tackle/ guard in the second or third round then I don't know if that's something to just turn a blind eye to.

Nurps

Ravens Ring of Honor
That's understandable but this is also Likely third year in the NFL. How long will he be willing to be just the back up tight end if he feels like he's demonstrated that he's worth being a starting tight end? He's not going to always be on the field as the team will still most likely be using Ricard for blocking purposes. It's just something I thought about as the draft approaches because if he can potentially be used to help this team draft a potential starting offensive tackle/ guard in the second or third round then I don't know if that's something to just turn a blind eye to.
This makes sense and makes me sad at the same time.