• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

JAAM

Hall of Famer
I honestly did not know this lol

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Win an Emmy, get demoted for Tom Brady. FOX is praying Brady ends up as good as Romo, this might come back to bite them if Brady is a dud.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
I’m going to war on TikTok about Lamar vs. Burrow. Just did the math, but did you know it would take Lamar about 25 straight losses to have the same win rate as Joe Burrow?

Wild

That is a wild stat. lol

Nurps

Ravens Ring of Honor
Win an Emmy, get demoted for Tom Brady. FOX is praying Brady ends up as good as Romo, this might come back to bite them if Brady is a dud.

I hope he crashes and burns. Only time I've ever liked him (briefly) is drunk after winning the SB in Tampa and his ass getting roasted a couple weeks ago. Other than that, FUCK TB12

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor

I have a feeling he is going to do well.

He strikes me as a guy who can really explain the game

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I hope he crashes and burns. Only time I've ever liked him (briefly) is drunk after winning the SB in Tampa and his ass getting roasted a couple weeks ago. Other than that, FUCK TB12
Nah, fuck bill and the pats, Brady is a national treasure now that his qb form is dead and gone

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
I’m going to war on TikTok about Lamar vs. Burrow. Just did the math, but did you know it would take Lamar about 25 straight losses to have the same win rate as Joe Burrow?

Wild
While I think that is cool, I have firmly held that are not and never have been a QB anymore than they are a G stat.

Mahomes is the best QB in football. If he played for the Panthers he still would be even though he would struggle to make the playoffs and they would very likely not have double digit wins.

Basically wins are a team stat. The best argument for Lamar over Burrow is health. Burrow has played 4 years. In two of them (his first year and this past year) he missed the end of the season due to injury. Meanwhile in the past two seasons Burrow has been injured to start the year.

If the debate of Burrow vs Lamar wants to begin in earnest first Burrow has to be able to stay on the field and be healthy for a season.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
While I think that is cool, I have firmly held that are not and never have been a QB anymore than they are a G stat.

Mahomes is the best QB in football. If he played for the Panthers he still would be even though he would struggle to make the playoffs and they would very likely not have double digit wins.

Basically wins are a team stat. The best argument for Lamar over Burrow is health. Burrow has played 4 years. In two of them (his first year and this past year) he missed the end of the season due to injury. Meanwhile in the past two seasons Burrow has been injured to start the year.

If the debate of Burrow vs Lamar wants to begin in earnest first Burrow has to be able to stay on the field and be healthy for a season.
You may be missing the irony in that last bit, the irony that 2 years ago all the other fanbases had the same evaluation on Lamar, and that he was getting hurt because he’s a rb

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
You may be missing the irony in that last bit, the irony that 2 years ago all the other fanbases had the same evaluation on Lamar, and that he was getting hurt because he’s a rb
I am very aware of it as I was saying the same thing about Lamar last year (not the RB part as he was getting hurt on I believe routine throwing plays which to me is a bigger concern).

My rules with being considered injury prone are that if you have been hampered by injury for 2 seasons in a row people get to call you injury prone. To not be injury prone you have to show you can stay healthy for a season. Lamar did that so he gets the benefit of the doubt now (plus they were his only 2 real injuries in his entire career when Burrow also had the rookie year injury). I was considering Rodgers injury prone when he got 2 or 3 years in a row and then he suddenly won back to back MVPs so it is something that can change in a hurry but its a fair concern to have because it does not matter how talented you are if you are not on the field.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Monken on AFC championship game:

"Certainly we could have run better....."

No shit Todd. It would have been better run game if you tried to fucking run in the first place.

QtR Nevermore

Pro Bowler
I am very aware of it as I was saying the same thing about Lamar last year (not the RB part as he was getting hurt on I believe routine throwing plays which to me is a bigger concern).

My rules with being considered injury prone are that if you have been hampered by injury for 2 seasons in a row people get to call you injury prone. To not be injury prone you have to show you can stay healthy for a season. Lamar did that so he gets the benefit of the doubt now (plus they were his only 2 real injuries in his entire career when Burrow also had the rookie year injury). I was considering Rodgers injury prone when he got 2 or 3 years in a row and then he suddenly won back to back MVPs so it is something that can change in a hurry but its a fair concern to have because it does not matter how talented you are if you are not on the field.
2 injuries does not equal 'injury prone' in a sport where almost everyone gets at least one bad injury. It's a lot about luck or chance.

Burrow has already missed more games than Lamar in a career 2 years shorter. Maybe he is 'injury prone'. Maybe Lamar is. Maybe neither. The sample sizes are too small to tell.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
EDC has been killer on day 1 of the draft. Really awful in RD2. Pretty dang good in RD3. Then largely bad across all of day 3 with his best round being unsurprisingly RD4.

EDC has been killer on day 1 of the draft. Really awful in RD2. Pretty dang good in RD3. Then largely bad across all of day 3 with his best round being unsurprisingly RD4.

The Ravens have struggled in the second round historically so I wonder if it’s a flaw in their scouting system and not just EDC. If you look back (removing the 2024 draft) we have had 18 2nd round picks dating back to the 2003 draft and of those the best players have been Dwan Edwards, Ray Rice, Paul Kruger, Torrey Smith, KO and Tyus Bowser.
The other names are pretty bad. Dan Cody, Adam Terry, Chris Chester, Sergio Kindle, Terrence Cody, Courtney Upshaw, Arthur Brown, Timmy Jernigan, Max Williams, Kamalei Correa, JK Dobbins, David Ojabo

However, what I don’t know is how that compares to other teams

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
The Ravens have struggled in the second round historically so I wonder if it’s a flaw in their scouting system and not just EDC. If you look back (removing the 2024 draft) we have had 18 2nd round picks dating back to the 2003 draft and of those the best players have been Dwan Edwards, Ray Rice, Paul Kruger, Torrey Smith, KO and Tyus Bowser.
The other names are pretty bad. Dan Cody, Adam Terry, Chris Chester, Sergio Kindle, Terrence Cody, Courtney Upshaw, Arthur Brown, Timmy Jernigan, Max Williams, Kamalei Correa, JK Dobbins, David Ojabo

However, what I don’t know is how that compares to other teams
Thanks for this!!