• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

JAAM

Hall of Famer

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
It just hit me for like the 10th time lol but do yall realize we had ed reed, suggs and ray lewis all on the same team at the same time..thats wild
…..and Haloti Ngata.

Along with a bunch of other guys at the same time like Trevor Pryce, Adalius Thomas, Samari Rolle, Jarrett Johnson, Chris McCalister, Bart Scott, etc.. Crazy loaded D roster.
Crazy fun time to be fan. If we had a half decent QB during that 2004-09 timeframe we absolutely have another Super Bowl…. Boller, McNair, Wright, and early Flacco were never good enough.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Queen is quickly becoming a player I dislike. Wanna be a villain but too soft

Im not a huge seafood guy either but com on, the food it Pitt is terrible. Just like their women

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Crazy fun time to be fan. If we had a half decent QB during that 2004-09 timeframe we absolutely have another Super Bowl…. Boller, McNair, Wright, and early Flacco were never good enough.

winning one superbowl is a crime.

Especially when you consider the one we actually got was passed all of their primes (except Suggs)

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer

Especially when you consider the one we actually got was passed all of their primes (except Suggs)
It speaks volumes to how difficult it is to win a Super Bowl.

That's why I'm upset about last year- opportunities aren't abundant.

But at the same time, sometimes things can be flukey like that 2012 team, so here's to hoping.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer

But at the same time, sometimes things can be flukey like that 2012 team, so here's to hoping.
The more attempts you have at a ring, the better your odds are at winning one, because it takes health, luck, and good fortune from the refs for anyone to win the Super Bowl, all of those are out of any teams control

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor

That run was wild. Think about all the injuries. Ed Reed was a shell of himself. Same with Ray Lewis. Suggs wasn't even healthy.

Our top defensive players wasn't those guys.

Cary Williams played out of his mind. Webb was hurt and Jimmy Smith was filling in.

Correct me if I am wrong, but Ngata may have been our best defensive player during that run? Ellerbe played very well, same with Kruger.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer

Yea man last year was the year for sure. No fking way we werent suppose to win that shit

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Players gotta make plays in the biggest moments, can’t get rattled and choke.
Same can be said for coaches. Reid really threw off our staff. Got us away from our MO

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
That run was wild. Think about all the injuries. Ed Reed was a shell of himself. Same with Ray Lewis. Suggs wasn't even healthy.

Our top defensive players wasn't those guys.

Cary Williams played out of his mind. Webb was hurt and Jimmy Smith was filling in.

Correct me if I am wrong, but Ngata may have been our best defensive player during that run? Ellerbe played very well, same with Kruger.
Kruger, ellerbe, and Corey graham lit up those playoffs. If you rewatch that whole run, Kruger stands out, that dude transformed into a pass rush menace for a 4 game stretch and was never heard from again.

redrum52

Hall of Famer

2 rings from about 30 years of HoF qb play from GB. Please don't block me ice bowl lol. Nothing personal just showing an example of the difficulty... even if we should have taken that shit home last year.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
2 rings from about 30 years of HoF qb play from GB. Please don't block me ice bowl lol. Nothing personal just showing an example of the difficulty... even if we should have taken that shit home last year.
Colts had Peyton and luck and one ring to show for it