• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
Oh, one of those people.....neat lol

Free tip, don't believe words said by Devito because its probably a lie. Being dishonest and strawmanning stuff I say is something he does constantly because actual conversations are too hard.

For your point though, focusing purely on passing, which I assume is what the custom plays are, I thought his throwing sucked and yes most of it was likely because he still has poor form so he will suck in the rain, but I counted 3 dropped INTs by TB (also probably due to rain), and several he outright missed including a low ball to Andrews.

The Andrews one was the weirdest because he was both late in throwing it, despite eyeing Andrews well before, and he wasn't even close on a pretty easy straight line throw, which is why I blame the rain because those are the throws he is usually good at and why Andrews and Snead are his best receivers.

I won't lie though, right now as a pure passer, he is probably the 3rd best QB based on that beautiful RG3 throw the other week. His legs make up for it and keep games close which basically means the defense has to make a play to win which I don't think will happen against NE but could happen against KC or Houston.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
Free tip, don't believe words said by Devito because its probably a lie. Being dishonest and strawmanning stuff I say is something he does constantly because actual conversations are too hard.

For your point though, focusing purely on passing, which I assume is what the custom plays are, I thought his throwing sucked and yes most of it was likely because he still has poor form so he will suck in the rain, but I counted 3 dropped INTs by TB (also probably due to rain), and several he outright missed including a low ball to Andrews.

The Andrews one was the weirdest because he was both late in throwing it, despite eyeing Andrews well before, and he wasn't even close on a pretty easy straight line throw, which is why I blame the rain because those are the throws he is usually good at and why Andrews and Snead are his best receivers.

I won't lie though, right now as a pure passer, he is probably the 3rd best QB based on that beautiful RG3 throw the other week. His legs make up for it and keep games close which basically means the defense has to make a play to win which I don't think will happen against NE but could happen against KC or Houston.

Of the 3 possible INTs, the only egregious one that I can recall is the one that hit the LB straight in the hands. As for the rest of the game, I thought he made enough throws to extend drives and had a decent passing day considering the conditions. There was also a nice looking pass that he made to John Brown during the game which was dropped so I would say the rain was a huge factor for both teams (which makes it much harder to evaluate how well Lamar played).

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
This is one of the few reasons i want to keep harbaugh around. Sure Marty isnt the best play caller but hes been scheming fantastically for Jacksons skill set.

If we do get a new HC. Odds are were going to overhaul the entire offensive coaching staff and i dont think thats going to help Lamars developmemt, especially with Roman, Urban, and Marty having experience with players like Vick, tyrod, and Kap. If anything id like to see us demote Marty of play calling duties and let him gameplan while Roman calls the plays.
He can scheme, but his playcalling at a number of times is the VERY REASON why I censor his name as such (M***y). See, I still get this feeling that Harbs is gone if we miss the playoffs.

However, the biggest reason why I appreciate Biscotti is his business sense. I think he's going to look at the entire picture, discuss with Harbs and co on his plans to further develop LJ, and make the decision from there. This State of the Ravens presser is gonna be lit.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Lamar kinda sucked last Sunday so I certainly hope not.

Nah, he controls the time and we score enough because our D is always fresh to make stops.
I'll take Lamar's legs and occasional pass over 4-5 yard dump-offs any day of the week. Wish we did it earlier, so we can enjoy these last two games, watching the others slug it out to earn WC spots.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
Of the 3 possible INTs, the only egregious one that I can recall is the one that hit the LB straight in the hands. As for the rest of the game, I thought he made enough throws to extend drives and had a decent passing day considering the conditions. There was also a nice looking pass that he made to John Brown during the game which was dropped so I would say the rain was a huge factor for both teams (which makes it much harder to evaluate how well Lamar played).

Ya the LB one was the worst because its the only throw that cannot be explained by rain, but on multiple throws I kept being reminded of those preseason ducks and I'm definitely not the only one who saw it because I've had to defend his ability to throw to multiple fans far older than me more than once in the past 3 days. "When the Ravens evaluated this guy did they forget to check if he could throw," was the nicest way that conversation started. I fully defend it as a process, but ya a LOT of people are not on the Jackson Express with one completely convinced the Ravens are pulling a Dallas.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
This is one of the few reasons i want to keep harbaugh around. Sure Marty isnt the best play caller but hes been scheming fantastically for Jacksons skill set.

If we do get a new HC. Odds are were going to overhaul the entire offensive coaching staff and i dont think thats going to help Lamars developmemt, especially with Roman, Urban, and Marty having experience with players like Vick, tyrod, and Kap. If anything id like to see us demote Marty of play calling duties and let him gameplan while Roman calls the plays.
i agree with you but them working with vick, tyrod and kap isnt something to be happy about.. kap was probably the best passer outta of all of them and even thats not saying much

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
I think lamar accuracy problem might be coming from how he holds the ball.. the way he grips it just looks funny to me idk..

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
i agree with you but them working with vick, tyrod and kap isnt something to be happy about.. kap was probably the best passer outta of all of them and even thats not saying much
Dog...no way in hell kap was the best passer out of the 3...

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
Idk how he isnt.. tyrod is trash and vick was like lamar but with a stronger arm when it comes to passing..
Vick was EASILY a better pass than kap. And Tyrod is trash but kap isn’t? Dude...kap had one of the worst statistical seasons of all time his last year in the nfl. Tyrod isn’t great but he’s better than kap no question.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Vick was EASILY a better pass than kap. And Tyrod is trash but kap isn’t? Dude...kap had one of the worst statistical seasons of all time his last year in the nfl. Tyrod isn’t great but he’s better than kap no question.

I generally would agree with you but I will say that kap made plays as a passer that very few qbs could - his combination of pure arm strength, ability to contort his body and his mobility allowed him to make plays that the other to never could

But he was hella inconsistent and never learned to throw with touch or much accuracy in general

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Kap the better passer, lmao. I agree with you, Vick was the better passer of the three ans had a great deep ball. Tyrod had a pretty good first year in Buffalo as well. Kap, nuff said...he sucks

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
His last yr? Are you sure?

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Kap the better passer, lmao. I agree with you, Vick was the better passer of the three ans had a great deep ball. Tyrod had a pretty good first year in Buffalo as well. Kap, nuff said...he sucks
Yea just like mallet is better than kap too right lol.. man yall crazy.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Idk how he isnt.. tyrod is trash and vick was like lamar but with a stronger arm when it comes to passing..
Vick was the best of the 3 by far and I’d take Tyrods arm over kaeps but kaeps legs over tyrods. Tyrod could make more than 3 nfl throws. Kaepernick legit had slants, deep posts, and seams that he could rocket in there with pretty good accuracy but don’t ask him to make any other throw because he’ll miss it, and if there’s a defender underneath forget about it because if he tried to put touch on his throw it was sailing into the parking lot half the time