• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
Vick was the best of the 3 by far and I’d take Tyrods arm over kaeps but kaeps legs over tyrods. Tyrod could make more than 3 nfl throws. Kaepernick legit had slants, deep posts, and seams that he could rocket in there with pretty good accuracy but don’t ask him to make any other throw because he’ll miss it, and if there’s a defender underneath forget about it because if he tried to put touch on his throw it was sailing into the parking lot half the time

Also under no circumstances could you ask Kaep to do progressions because thats just not gonna happen. 1st read MAYBE 2nd then he takes off.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Also under no circumstances could you ask Kaep to do progressions because thats just not gonna happen. 1st read MAYBE 2nd then he takes off.
2nd read was frank gore on the dump off, or if gore was on blitz pickup then Vernon Davis would be 5 yards in front of the LOS facing kaep waiting for it

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Yea just like mallet is better than kap too right lol.. man yall crazy.
Literally nobody here said mallett was better, everyone agreed that a backup qb shouldn’t see the field regardless and it’s not worth paying him starting money and bringing the media circus to sit on the bench.

When will you finally understand this, kill this stupid narrative, and stop licking kaeps nuts every time someone speaks facts on his below average talent as a passer?

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Literally nobody here said mallett was better, everyone agreed that a backup qb shouldn’t see the field regardless and it’s not worth paying him starting money and bringing the media circus to sit on the bench.

When will you finally understand this, kill this stupid narrative, and stop licking kaeps nuts every time someone speaks facts on his below average talent as a passer?
It should never stop being talked about, as long as bums like Peterman have a job.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
The angry, dry handy Joe Flacco circle jerk is almost at end, and some seem real pissed he's about to get the Jazzy Jeff treatment.

Anyway, if we don't win... At least avenge the spread for me!

redrum52

Hall of Famer
It should never stop being talked about, as long as bums like Peterman have a job.

The only reason I can side wth a team is the media circus it will bring, which they brought on themselves by taking so long to give him a job. I understand it perfectly, but it's still funny when you see Josh Johnson starting an NFL game and Peterman still getting chances.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Also under no circumstances could you ask Kaep Joe to do progressions because thats just not gonna happen. 1st read MAYBE 2nd then he checks down / throws away takes off.
Or, you can tell it like that, people around here are more familiar with that scenario.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Vick was the best of the 3 by far and I’d take Tyrods arm over kaeps but kaeps legs over tyrods. Tyrod could make more than 3 nfl throws. Kaepernick legit had slants, deep posts, and seams that he could rocket in there with pretty good accuracy but don’t ask him to make any other throw because he’ll miss it, and if there’s a defender underneath forget about it because if he tried to put touch on his throw it was sailing into the parking lot half the time
They literally all suck at passing lol.. for my money im picking kap. He has shown more than both qbs imo

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
When I said kill the narrative, I meant deebo kill his narrative that everyone here said Ryan mallett was a better qb than kaepernick, when in reality we just said we’d rather have him as our backup because he’ll stfu and collect his vet minimum like a backup qb should.

Not the narrative that kaepernick should/shouldn’t have a job, because while I think he’s an extremely 1 dimensional shit passer, he definitely deserves at worst a 2nd string role in this league. I don’t give a shit about kneeling, do your thing, raise awareness, I’m all for it, but at the same time kaepernick was no Deshaun Watson or Michael Vick, and he dug himself in this hole, he stirred the pot, and the more attention it got the more shit he talked and stunts he pulled, like praising Castro and the pig socks, It all came crashing down on him and he is never gonna get a job again because he attracted so much hate that teams can’t take the heat for an average talent that won’t result in perennial contention.

Guarantee that if Deshaun Watson did the same shit kaepernick did, he would be the bullseye of the nfl but the pride of houston(and yes I realize what Houston’s fan base is) because he’s turned the Texans into a contender and is probably the 2nd most exciting young qb in the league

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Definitely late with this random thought, but did anyone catch the graphic during the Bucs game where it showed our defense ranked top 3 in damn near every defensive category possible except takeaways? For takeaways, IIRC, it showed that we were 30th or 31st. Fucking crazy.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
When I said kill the narrative, I meant deebo kill his narrative that everyone here said Ryan mallett was a better qb than kaepernick, when in reality we just said we’d rather have him as our backup because he’ll stfu and collect his vet minimum like a backup qb should.

Not the narrative that kaepernick should/shouldn’t have a job, because while I think he’s an extremely 1 dimensional shit passer, he definitely deserves at worst a 2nd string role in this league. I don’t give a shit about kneeling, do your thing, raise awareness, I’m all for it, but at the same time kaepernick was no Deshaun Watson or Michael Vick, and he dug himself in this hole, he stirred the pot, and the more attention it got the more shit he talked and stunts he pulled, like praising Castro and the pig socks, It all came crashing down on him and he is never gonna get a job again because he attracted so much hate that teams can’t take the heat for an average talent that won’t result in perennial contention.

Guarantee that if Deshaun Watson did the same shit kaepernick did, he would be the bullseye of the nfl but the pride of houston(and yes I realize what Houston’s fan base is) because he’s turned the Texans into a contender and is probably the 2nd most exciting young qb in the league
Whose the first exciting qb?

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Move on from Weddle, draft a real safety, let Bozeman play center, get an elite guard, move on from John brown, bring in a FA receiver, draft a speedster running back, draft a pass rusher, move on from Zadarius, use the tight ends, retain mosley, use Kenny Young. Bam 12-4 team next year.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer

Damnit Brett Kollman. Every time he makes a video on us we get crushed. They have not been positive at all this season and shows the problems about the team far better than I ever could. Our scheme(and it shows that Roman is a genius) is bailing out this crap interior oline every.....time.....