• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I'm curious as to why you hate the Panthers. Nonetheless, I'm happy you mentioned them because I think I might give you a reason to hate them more. @rossihunter2 and @RavensMania , I think both of you gentlemen might find this correlation interesting. Ready?

Here's a comparison between the Ravens' regular season records and Panthers' regular season records since 2009...

Ravens (Panthers):
2009: 9-7 and made playoffs (8-8 and missed playoffs)
2010: 12-4 and made playoffs (2-14 and missed playoffs)
2011: 12-4 and made playoffs (6-10 and missed playoffs)
2012: 10-6 and made playoffs (7-9 and missed playoffs)
2013: 8-8 and missed playoffs (12-4 and made playoffs)
2014: 10-6 and made playoffs (7-8-1 and made playoffs)
2015: 5-11 and missed playoffs (15-1 and made playoffs)
2016: 8-8 and missed playoffs (6-10 and missed playoffs)
2017: 9-7 and missed playoffs (11-5 and made playoffs)
2018: 10-6 and made playoffs (7-9 and missed playoffs)

Moral of the story? Seems that our success in the regular season is damn near dependent on how the Panthers are doing based on this data. Of course, it's ridiculous to really think that, but it's something I've noticed since the 2013 season.
Shit that’s interesting.

Oh and many panthers fans were former skins fans and falcon fans. North Carolina was a huge skins territory

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Shit that’s interesting.

Oh and many panthers fans were former skins fans and falcon fans. North Carolina was a huge skins territory
I was aware of NC being Skins territory, but heck if you think about it, there were a lot of Ravens fans in that stadium. However, I didn't know that NC had former Falcons fans.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I was aware of NC being Skins territory, but heck if you think about it, there were a lot of Ravens fans in that stadium. However, I didn't know that NC had former Falcons fans.
Yeah, the southern part of NC and South Carolina had falcons fans. I meant to say the Carolinas, not just NC.

Icy

Practice Squad
people want lamar to get hurt so bad, its not even funny. its crazy because i watched lamar dodge that hit from peppers that gave ogunjobi a concussion

people want lamar to get hurt so bad, its not even funny. its crazy because i watched lamar dodge that hit from peppers that gave ogunjobi a concussion

People want him to get hurt? I would like to believe that’s not true. I think people have said he WILL eventually get hurt if he keeps running as much as he does. Not only does he run allot, he’s not afraid to take a hit and doesn’t do allot to avoid them. It’s the age old problem with running QBs. If they blow out a knee they are left with half of their game, and in some cases not the best half. I’m cool with him running the ball. It’s what he does best, at least for now. I hold out hope that he will elvove as a passing QB. He has shown some flashes of that.

Tank

Hall of Famer
Trying to understand why there is so much uproar about the "blowing the whistle" thing on Lamar's fumble. If I'm not mistaken the refs signaled TD and that was overturned after review. Play was dead when TD was signaled and it's hard to find blatant fault there, it was damn close, happened quickly. In the end booth review got the call right.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
People want him to get hurt? I would like to believe that’s not true. I think people have said he WILL eventually get hurt if he keeps running as much as he does. Not only does he run allot, he’s not afraid to take a hit and doesn’t do allot to avoid them. It’s the age old problem with running QBs. If they blow out a knee they are left with half of their game, and in some cases not the best half. I’m cool with him running the ball. It’s what he does best, at least for now. I hold out hope that he will elvove as a passing QB. He has shown some flashes of that.

I’ve been very defensive of lamar’s ability to avoid hits but I actually thought he took a step back and took some unnecessary hits that he could have avoided vs the browns

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Trying to understand why there is so much uproar about the "blowing the whistle" thing on Lamar's fumble. If I'm not mistaken the refs signaled TD and that was overturned after review. Play was dead when TD was signaled and it's hard to find blatant fault there, it was damn close, happened quickly. In the end booth review got the call right.

And the refs had some makeup calls afterwards that got the browns back in it too - you’re right as soon as the td was signalled they didn’t have a choice but to blow it dead - and while it was clearly not across the plain it was so close and so quick that you can’t really blame the sideline official for signalling

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
By the way, MADDEN CURSE!

It's always in effect...some how....some way! Lol...

AB was on the sidelines wearing a fur coat instead of on the field. The Steelers won their game but they missed the playoffs due to the BALTIMORE RAVENS beating "Faker" Mayfield and the brownies.

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
Don't want to see the Colts. They have a good offensive line and I dont think we would get much pressure on Luck.

Id rather see a declining Brady wwho also has a good offensive line , really anyone else .

I think the Colts will beat the Texans.

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
Every time our D gets burned on a big pass play it seems we are playing zone and safeties are nowhere to be found .
Hopefully we play a lot less of it in the playoffs .

I’m tired of seeing a DB looking for safety help in zone and no one is there .

Icy

Practice Squad
im not saying its the people on this forum, but i know a difference from someone believing he will get hurt and someone wanting to see him get hurt

Icy

Practice Squad
It only takes one, but that could just as easily happen in the pocket. It’s just the odds of it happening increase if he is running the ball allot.

definitely, i just hate the injury comparisons to other mobile qbs, as long as lamar can keep avoiding sacks and avoiding those bruising hits, im fine with him running