• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
there's been some rumblings that because its nfl's 100 year anniversary that opening night will in fact be bears-packers and the patriots would open up on sunday night
that would actually make a lot of sense. Why not open the night with the leagues oldest rivalry

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
there's been some rumblings that because its nfl's 100 year anniversary that opening night will in fact be bears-packers and the patriots would open up on sunday night

Don't like this. I believe the new tradition that has started with the SB winner should remain intact. Make the Pack/Bear game the Sunday night game and make it a big brouhaha.

Don't get me wrong tho. I can live with it.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
that would actually make a lot of sense. Why not open the night with the leagues oldest rivalry

yeah its fine by me - especially as it would only be a one off - and the superbowl title winner still gets to have a primetime game in week 1 and not have to deal with a short week like the MNF teams

and im bored shitless of seeing patriots on opening night lol - and the packers and bears both look like they might be fun teams this year

Ludy51

Hall of Famer
Don't like this. I believe the new tradition that has started with the SB winner should remain intact. Make the Pack/Bear game the Sunday night game and make it a big brouhaha.

Don't get me wrong tho. I can live with it.
The tradition broke for me when we had to open in Denver

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Happy St. Patricks Day to everyone and have an extra Guinness @Lost_In_Translation and a lots of Corned Beaf and cabbage.

Happy+Saint+Patrick&

O

OriolesMagicPlease

tbf that was the orioles fault not the nfl's

Totally wrong! It was the NFL's fault. They could have had the opener at home but they chose to use the "religious holiday" as an excuse, even though we play on Christmas. The O's had their schedule set already, it would have affected them negatively. The other team didn't want to move it either. So really, how is that the Orioles' fault? It isn't.