• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

JO_75

Hall of Famer
That entire 2017 Draft Class was terrible. We hit on Humphrey but after that........ meh.

CB Marlon Humphrey (1st round) Starter
LB Tyus Bowser (2nd): 4.5 sacks in 3 seasons
DE Chris Wormley (3rd) Starter
LB Tim Williams (3rd): Cut on Oct. 1
OL Nico Siragusa (4th): Cut last year
OL Jermaine Eluemunor (5th): Traded
S Chuck Clark (6th): Backup

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Jamison Hensley @jamisonhensley 7m

Since hitting on Za’Darius Smith in 2015, here are the pass-rushers drafted by the Ravens:
Matthew Judon (5th round, 2016)
Kamalei Correa (2nd round, 2016)
Tyus Bowser (2nd round, 2017)
Tim Williams (3rd round, 2017)
Jaylon Ferguson (3rd round, 2019)

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
According to PFF, Jefferson has allowed seven receptions on 11 targets his way for 169 yards and a touchdown. He’s also missed five tackles through four games, something that absolutely cannot happen for a strong safety.

Jefferson is being asked to do a lot in this defense but is having a terrible season. If he can step up and play like we’ve seen him play, quite a few of the issues we’ve seen this defense have will suddenly disappear.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Jets gave Mosley $85M over 5 years, and he got hurt in game one and there is no timetable for his return. Now imagine if we had done that and gave him that money and he got hurt. It would have been the same old story of players getting big contracts then getting hurt. This board would be flipping out.

Jets gave Mosley $85M over 5 years, and he got hurt in game one and there is no timetable for his return. Now imagine if we had done that and gave him that money and he got hurt. It would have been the same old story of players getting big contracts then getting hurt. This board would be flipping out.
I know, right? After our miserable defensive performance, there were lots of people bemoaning the fact that we let Mosley walk.

All of them seem to have forgotten the minor detail that he's missing a major chunk of this season.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Can we just sign or trade for elite pass rushers from now on please

That entire 2017 Draft Class was terrible. We hit on Humphrey but after that........ meh.

CB Marlon Humphrey (1st round) Starter
LB Tyus Bowser (2nd): 4.5 sacks in 3 seasons
DE Chris Wormley (3rd) Starter
LB Tim Williams (3rd): Cut on Oct. 1
OL Nico Siragusa (4th): Cut last year
OL Jermaine Eluemunor (5th): Traded
S Chuck Clark (6th): Backup
Oh man, that is starting to rival the 2010 draft. Humph keeps this from being a complete disaster. Wormley may be a starter, but I'm not impressed. Bowser has been put on serious notice by Harbaugh's comments and Williams being released.

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
Other than Yetur Gross Matos are there any other dominant front 7 players we can get outtakes this draft class??? Has my top guy I want rn but looking for more edge rushers or off ball linebackers that would fit our system

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
Jeff Zrebiec Retweeted
Aaron Wilson

@AaronWilson_NFL

Ravens worked out Josh Bynes, Mason Foster, Jeremiah Ledbetter, Dekoda Watson, Domata Peko and Vincent Rey
Wouldn't mind Rey or Bynes but I wanna see Ferguson get more reps.

With Judon, McPhee, Peirce, and Ferguson I feel we should see decent pass rush production from those guys.

Even though I think our run defense and busted coverages are bigger issues atm. Or at least the past 2 games have been

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
yep and who is to say that the same wouldn't happen to Ramsey, for those who want to trade two first round picks for him and then pay him what he is going to want, upwards of 20m.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
yep and who is to say that the same wouldn't happen to Ramsey, for those who want to trade two first round picks for him and then pay him what he is going to want, upwards of 20m.

Upwards of 20 seems high when the highest paid corner is at 16m (he will probably get 18 or 19), but he doesn't have an injury history whereas Mosley was always hurt.

Charm City

Pro Bowler
Wouldn't mind Rey or Bynes but I wanna see Ferguson get more reps.

With Judon, McPhee, Peirce, and Ferguson I feel we should see decent pass rush production from those guys.

Even though I think our run defense and busted coverages are bigger issues atm. Or at least the past 2 games have been

We said the same thing about our pass rush production when we had Williams. we're not going to get better by losing a player.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
upload_2019-10-2_12-1-20.png