• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I'll take the combo of the pats rbs and gronk over the combo of Bell and Jesse James, I simply think Bell is a more elite talent at his respective role than gronk is. When bell is on the field you gotta prepare for him to run AND receive on every snap, and you gotta prepare big time, the patriots RBs don't require nearly as much attention and game planning. If you stifle gronk as much as possible and limit Brandon cooks then half the battle is won and stopping their run game isn't nearly as difficult as it is against the steelers. When the steelers run game isn't clicking they still have 3 very very good talents to catch the ball and then bell will also do damage receiving, you stop one and the other eats you alive. With the patriots it's really all about hitting brady(without drawing flags) and staying physical with gronk.

I just like the matchups so much better. Hell I think if juju was playing then that dry streak the steelers had wouldn't have happened and it wouldn't have even been close at the end.

either way - if we win out we likely play the pats in the divisional round and then either the jags or steelers in the championship - so tbh its not far fetched that we play both the steelers and pats...

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
either way - if we win out we likely play the pats in the divisional round and then either the jags or steelers in the championship - so tbh its not far fetched that we play both the steelers and pats...
I think the far fetched thing really... is that we're talking about the afc championship at all lol.

I'm excited about the team getting hot and all but I'll believe it when I see it as far as beating good teams in the playoffs goes

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I think the far fetched thing really... is that we're talking about the afc championship at all lol.

I'm excited about the team getting hot and all but I'll believe it when I see it as far as beating good teams in the playoffs goes

i didnt mean it like we will get there i just mean that the path there goes through both teams anyway - the only difference is which one we would play first...

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Has Marty done enough these last few games to keep his job if we finish the season out strong and make the playoffs?

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
The absurd amount of elite targets on the steelers, for our defense specifically, I think makes them a far worse matchup. Having a rb like bell makes it impossible for us to defend the pass effectively now that we have to bring down safeties due to the loss of jimmy. We don't have to worry about that against the pats
They have several good pass catching RBs and Gronk though...

JAAM

Hall of Famer

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
i think the pats are 26-2 with dion lewis starting too...
Lewis and white, combined with Gronk, honestly scare me more than just Bell. Bell is an elite pass catcher but I think I saw his YPC are down this year and he’s just one player after all.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Harbaugh Going to the Super Bowl
tenor.gif