• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
They might be lucky though - Rams and JAX won't have much to play for against Titans
True but Neither of those teams strike me as a "rest up" team. Jacksonville is really hot right now and the swagger they play with just doesn't look like the type of team to let up. And the rams are young with a young new head coach who's been seen showing a lot of fire on the sidelines, they kinda fall in the same boat.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
They do but none of them are leveon bell. Bell is an absolute game wrecker on a higher level than any pats skill position player.
Idk....did you see the Pats march right down the field in like 30 seconds with Gronk last Sunday? Idk how the hell we stop that

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
By having a better defense
We struggled with defending the Steelers TEs and that’s not the only game we have trouble with against TEs, Gronk is miles ahead of anyone we’ve played in that position so far and I don’t really think we can stop him without leaving more space for RBs etc and that’s what scares me.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
We struggled with defending the Steelers TEs and that’s not the only game we have trouble with against TEs, Gronk is miles ahead of anyone we’ve played in that position so far and I don’t really think we can stop him without leaving more space for RBs etc and that’s what scares me.
We don't have to focus the pats rbs nearly as much as we have to focus Bell, gronks not gonna be stopped, he would work us pretty good but if we can contain him and not let him run free like the steelers did, then the rest of their offense doesn't pack the same punch as the steelers with brown and bell and Bryant. Plus the steelers might have the best OL in the league and our pass rush was absolutely nullified, the patriots have a line too but I wouldn't say it's on the steelers level.

Plus pees does really well against the patriots when Rahsaan Melvin isn't our top corner

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
We don't have to focus the pats rbs nearly as much as we have to focus Bell, gronks not gonna be stopped, he would work us pretty good but if we can contain him and not let him run free like the steelers did, then the rest of their offense doesn't pack the same punch as the steelers with brown and bell and Bryant. Plus the steelers might have the best OL in the league and our pass rush was absolutely nullified, the patriots have a line too but I wouldn't say it's on the steelers level.

Plus pees does really well against the patriots when Rahsaan Melvin isn't our top corner

People can say what they want about Pees, but he's definitely called some great games against the Pats. I doubt there's a defense that Brady hates facing more than the Ravens.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
They do but none of them are leveon bell. Bell is an absolute game wrecker on a higher level than any pats skill position player.

im terrified of dion lewis more than bell tbh - bell is annoying in the backfield and on checkdowns but dion lewis is a guy that will take chunk after chunk on this team especially if gronk is playing as well - and if we double those 2 then we leave brandon cooks 1v1 which could be manageable i suppose but i dont like it

would your attitude towards the steelers matchup change if antonio brown is out?

O

OriolesMagicPlease

Why did you change the pic of the cute Oriole.

Nice comeback btw to Jaams reply.. Whatjokes can you tell. Knock Knock....

I'd rather look at Nick.:p

Why can't Joe Flacco use the phone anymore?

He can't find a receiver. :D See, it is a talent!

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
im terrified of dion lewis more than bell tbh - bell is annoying in the backfield and on checkdowns but dion lewis is a guy that will take chunk after chunk on this team especially if gronk is playing as well - and if we double those 2 then we leave brandon cooks 1v1 which could be manageable i suppose but i dont like it

would your attitude towards the steelers matchup change if antonio brown is out?
If brown is out then absolutely I feel differently. i mean what t boils down to is this, if you don't have a number of elite talents to win matchups left and right against our defense, then I see that offense as less of a threat. I'd roll the dice to stop brady, Lewis, gronk, cooks, and hogan? Over Ben to brown, bell, Bryant, juju, and Jesse James, and to a lesser extent Eli rogers who can make some plays.

Ravens aren't a team who is built to play "pick your poison" for 4 quarters, especially when there is 3-4 poisons to choose from. I'd rather let dion Lewis grind us down than bell, because I believe there are so many more plays to be made from the likes of the steelers skill group than from the pats. Once the run game opens up the playbook then the steelers get really scary because literally any one of their offensive skill players can blow a game wide open on any snap(really I think juju is being criminally undersold, that boy is for real), the pats have only one of those with gronk.

The Greek

Veteran
The part I hate about it is this...

As a six seed, we get the jags and if we win we get the pats. I think our chances at beating either team are shockingly about the same and far less than our chances of beating the steelerS. If we get the six seed we have a harder wild card, but imo based on matchups an easier divisional round, where if we get the 5 we have a piss easy wild card and a nearly impossible divisional.

I'd rather take the hard wild card with a chance to get bounced early, than the easy wild card and essentially a free win only to get bounced by a team we simply aren't built to beat. Basically we have a better shot at he AFCCG as a six than as a 5. But any given Sunday, it's hard to beat a team 3 times in one season, but dammit I don't like our matchups with the steelers
i agree that we do not match well with the steelers especially now that they have ju ju back and we are missing brittle jimmy. we just do not have the skill players at receiver/te which makes defenses really have to game plan. zero players from the offense made the pro bowl says it all. i do believe yanda would have made it if healthy. flacco seems to be heating up but we need maclin, perriman if active, brown and maxx to step up to have a shot. i do think we can beat the pats.