• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
Ok - so how much more fun is it to look at ESPNs playoff machine to see what will happen with other teams than it is to look at it to see what team has to win and help us get in the playoffs like we’ve done for so many years?

If this was a normal year then I would be stressing out right about now on all the different ways we could get into the playoffs and not knowing if we could pull it off or not. It's a GREAT feeling to know that not only are we in the playoffs already, but we could have home field advantage locked up throughout as long as we win 2 out of these last 3 games.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I will never get over this one

I didn't either, but there is no question his reception numbers go up by playing next to Julio. Same thing happened with JuJu in Pitt while playing next to AB. His numbers wouldn't look anywhere near as good in Baltimore AND we wouldn't have Hollywood. I also still believe Hurst will pan out and it's obvious he fits in this offense well.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
I didn't either, but there is no question his reception numbers go up by playing next to Julio. Same thing happened with JuJu in Pitt while playing next to AB. His numbers wouldn't look anywhere near as good in Baltimore AND we wouldn't have Hollywood. I also still believe Hurst will pan out and it's obvious he fits in this offense well.
Julio still had more receptions than Ridley. Numbers aside, Ridley is better than JuJu and Hollywood.
No matter what, you just don't get on the list like that if you are not great.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Julio still had more receptions than Ridley. Numbers aside, Ridley is better than JuJu and Hollywood.
No matter what, you just don't get on the list like that if you are not great.
definitely impressive numbers and I'm not downplaying them.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
I spent my study day watching YouTube videos learning about different types of defenses. No regrets.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
I would’ve loved to have Ridley here. I’ve maintained the notion that he and Hollywood would’ve been a devastating duo. I disagree with the notion that he wouldn’t be as effective here. I think he would’ve been great here.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Hopefully he can stay healthy and have a real off season to get stronger. He did great considering nasty injury at the worst time possible.

and then the ankle injury as well this year - he's shown real promise so far and he's still second in receiving yards for the year despite missing 2 games and being hamstrung by injuries and despite the lack of attempts in general in this offence

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
If I googled things correctly, Hollywood is a touchdown away from tying the Ravens rookie touchdown record that Marlon Brown and Torrey Smith share.

Hopefully he can stay healthy and have a real off season to get stronger. He did great considering nasty injury at the worst time possible.
Hollywood got that nasty injury at the worst possible time for him but at a perfectly opportune time for us. If not for that injury I don’t know he falls to us.

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
He wouldnt have anywhere near those receptions and yards here, not from Flacco and Jackson.
Yes that's for sure, but I guess allblack just posted Ridley's stats to demonstrate how good he is. What also hurts, Ridley really wanted to be a Raven.
Also Juju's numbers went down to some extent because of Mason Rudolph and Hodges
sidenote:Ridley and Godwin saved my FF season.

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
Gosh, I would love Edmunds (#49 Bills) on this defense. Moot point obviously but he is so special and so talented.

Yes that's for sure, but I guess allblack just posted Ridley's stats to demonstrate how good he is. What also hurts, Ridley really wanted to be a Raven.
Also Juju's numbers went down to some extent because of Mason Rudolph and Hodges
sidenote:Ridley and Godwin saved my FF season.

There have been a lot of elite receivers in recent history who have produced with trash QBs, Juju just isn't that type of receiver.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Gosh, I would love Edmunds (#49 Bills) on this defense. Moot point obviously but he is so special and so talented.

loved him in that draft class - obviously glad we traded back with the bills because it helped us get lamar later in that draft but it is odd thinking that we could have had derwin james or tremaine edmunds on this team at our first pick that year - both players who were clearly top 10 type talents in a deep class