• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
loved him in that draft class - obviously glad we traded back with the bills because it helped us get lamar later in that draft but it is odd thinking that we could have had derwin james or tremaine edmunds on this team at our first pick that year - both players who were clearly top 10 type talents in a deep class
I can't believe I forgot we had a shot to take that guy. I am excited about Haydn but can you imagine him in the middle of our defense for five years along with Lamar, of course? holy cow.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I can't believe I forgot we had a shot to take that guy. I am excited about Haydn but can you imagine him in the middle of our defense for five years along with Lamar, of course? holy cow.

it's odd to think about - but when looking at hindsight you have to take lots of things into account lol - without trading out of that spot we probably dont end up with lamar, and both of orlando and andrews

what's awesome about that draft class is you can quibble with hurst vs whoever at that 25 spot but the next 3 guys we got in that draft are all likely going to the pro bowl (if they arent playing in the superbowl) and 1 is going to win the MVP and be a first team all-pro

with bozeman doing his thing and seemingly improving through the year this class is awesome - imagine how good it will be if deshon elliott can get healthy and take brandon carr's 3rd safety job from him + kenny young contributed to us getting marcus peters

if this class pans out the way its looking like it will then the 2018 class may go down as one of the best ever - certainly one of the best this decade

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Wasnt a fan of edmunds as much.. still think raquan smith is better player

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
it's odd to think about - but when looking at hindsight you have to take lots of things into account lol - without trading out of that spot we probably dont end up with lamar, and both of orlando and andrews

what's awesome about that draft class is you can quibble with hurst vs whoever at that 25 spot but the next 3 guys we got in that draft are all likely going to the pro bowl (if they arent playing in the superbowl) and 1 is going to win the MVP and be a first team all-pro

with bozeman doing his thing and seemingly improving through the year this class is awesome - imagine how good it will be if deshon elliott can get healthy and take brandon carr's 3rd safety job from him + kenny young contributed to us getting marcus peters

if this class pans out the way its looking like it will then the 2018 class may go down as one of the best ever - certainly one of the best this decade
The best ever overall?

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Wasnt a fan of edmunds as much.. still think raquan smith is better player

edmunds was a much rawer prospect but had a much higher ceiling as a linebacker who could make a difference in coverage with his absurd athletic profile - enormous length and rangy speed but obviously was less refined coming out - i think you're seeing this year the rewards of going after edmunds

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
edmunds was a much rawer prospect but had a much higher ceiling as a linebacker who could make a difference in coverage with his absurd athletic profile - enormous length and rangy speed but obviously was less refined coming out - i think you're seeing this year the rewards of going after edmunds
Edmunds a decent player for sure.. not taking anything away from him, but it wasnt untill the combine that people had him over smith, including these boards. Same goes orlando brown, once he had a bad combine all of sudden “ he is terrible”.. i am totally against combine studs and duds lol

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Edmunds a decent player for sure.. not taking anything away from him, but it wasnt untill the combine that people had him over smith, including these boards. Same goes orlando brown, once he had a bad combine all of sudden “ he is terrible”.. i am totally against combine studs and duds lol

i had him ahead of smith before the combine purely on his traits - he was more of a projection to the pros than roquan smith but it wasnt the combine that shifted him up those boards the way he did - but that's just me personally

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Absolutely agree and he was my top linebacker in the class and one of my favorite defensive players to come out of that draft class.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
Absolutely agree and he was my top linebacker in the class and one of my favorite defensive players to come out of that draft class.

I remember being absolutely pissed at the draft that night when we passed on Edmunds, then Derwin James, and finally Ridley. I calmed down in the days after though after watching highlights of Hayden and Lamar.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
F4F6106B-1EF2-4970-A30A-3DF4A173C563.jpeg

This was posted the day of the 2019 kickoff. LOOK AT THE 2 QBS THAT ARE FRONT AND CENTER AND CLOSEST TO THE LOMBARDI

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
The last time we played the Jets in prime time was in 2011. Two similarities:
1. We wore our black on black.
2. We won by doubling the score. We won 34-17.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Last team to rush for over 200 yards per game were the Patriots of 1976 when they played 14 games. They rushed for 2,957 or over 211 yards per game.