• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

Charm City

Pro Bowler

I'm gonna take this chart with a grain of salt. As some have stated here already, we have most of our guys locked down this upcoming season with only 3 medium quality players (Pierce, Judon, Smith) potentially leaving. Compare that to the Cowboys, who have a large effective cap number but have Dak, Quinn, Cooper, and Jones expected to sign for potentially more than their cap number as is.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I'm gonna take this chart with a grain of salt. As some have stated here already, we have most of our guys locked down this upcoming season with only 3 medium quality players (Pierce, Judon, Smith) potentially leaving. Compare that to the Cowboys, who have a large effective cap number but have Dak, Quinn, Cooper, and Jones expected to sign for potentially more than their cap number as is.

this chart does have moving parts and will change up until and throughout free agency

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rossihunter2

Staff Member

its also generally a trend that better teams will have less effective cap space (spending it on better players/not saving money on a rebuild) and lower value draft picks (draft picks are assigned to create parity so the better you are the worse your draft picks) - you basically just dont want to be at the bottom left on that chart because you've got no resources at that point

you're right though that it doesnt take into account big name contracts because effective cap space fills out your roster with vet min contracts + rookie classes (as they currently are) so if a team has a load of big names to sign, like the cowboys, they're likely going to be falsely high on the chart

here's different versions of the chart with slightly different scales used:

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Stealing this from SB Nation. Which would you prefer?

1. Go from Super Sunday, to Super Saturday. This would leave Sunday as a recovery day for those who partake in the game.

2. Make the Monday after the Super Bowl a recognized day off for majority of workers across the country.

Tank

Hall of Famer

1. Go from Super Sunday, to Super Saturday. This would leave Sunday as a recovery day for those who partake in the game.

2. Make the Monday after the Super Bowl a recognized day off for majority of workers across the country.
2 will never happen, so definitely 1.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

as someone from the UK id appreciate it if all NFL games were moved to Saturday lol

JO_75

Hall of Famer
New strategy for 2020.... AR Lamar & Real Lamar on the field at the same time. Just keep this lady away as she quickly was able to wrap up Lamar faster than any other defender all season.

I would freak out too if I was getting a picture with an AR Lamar only for the real Lamar to photobomb it.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
as someone from the UK id appreciate it if all NFL games were moved to Saturday lol
The NCAA, college football fans, and everyone else involved and associated reacted to your post with the funny emoji.

New strategy for 2020.... AR Lamar & Real Lamar on the field at the same time. Just keep this lady away as she quickly was able to wrap up Lamar faster than any other defender all season.

I would freak out too if I was getting a picture with an AR Lamar only for the real Lamar to photobomb it.

I swear I don't know what I would say if I ever got the pleasure to meet Lamar. I legit would stumble and slur my words.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
So if the Chiefs win the Super Bowl after Patrick Mahomes was on the Madden Cover, are we all in agreement for Lamar Jackson to be on the cover of Madden 21?

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
So if the Chiefs win the Super Bowl after Patrick Mahomes was on the Madden Cover, are we all in agreement for Lamar Jackson to be on the cover of Madden 21?
Uhhh......FUCK no! Mahomes got hurt early in the season so he was able to weather that storm. Asking that kind of question. You crazy?