• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
After watching that Superbowl I realise how important it is to get Lamar more weapons. The cheifs have so many matchup problems, someone is literally open every play.

We need another receiver, someone who can win in the outside not name Hollywood

Reactions: cdp

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
lol, DeCosta is good but he's no magician
I've seen a lot of mocks have Jeudy fall out of the top 10. He was pretty aggressive last year so it wouldn't shock me if he tried to make a move. Maybe not Jeudy but I think we'll make some big splashes not many of us expect, especially in FA. I just hope we spend most of our money on our front 7. It's harder to find plug and play guys there and easier to find instant impact offensive players in the draft.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
I've seen a lot of mocks have Jeudy fall out of the top 10. He was pretty aggressive last year so it wouldn't shock me if he tried to make a move. Maybe not Jeudy but I think we'll make some big splashes not many of us expect, especially in FA. I just hope we spend most of our money on our front 7. It's harder to find plug and play guys there and easier to find instant impact offensive players in the draft.

I have Jeudy dropping to 15 to the Broncos in a mock I'll post soon with Lamb being the first WR off the board. WR is deep though, we could still land Ruggs, Shenhault, or even Jefferson out of LSU at 28.

I'd much rather take a DL at 28, we need some maulers on that defensive line. Follow the 49ers and draft good defensive lineman who can wreck opposing offensive lines.

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
I have Jeudy dropping to 15 to the Broncos in a mock I'll post soon with Lamb being the first WR off the board. WR is deep though, we could still land Ruggs, Shenhault, or even Jefferson out of LSU at 28.

I'd much rather take a DL at 28, we need some maulers on that defensive line. Follow the 49ers and draft good defensive lineman who can wreck opposing offensive lines.
Ya but this class isnt very deep at pass rusher. They'll go rather quickly so I dont think there will be many great options at 28. None that'll fill BPA. I honestly think well have to address that via FA. Maybe we can land a DT but when you pick in the 1st round you want a plug and play guy. Hard to find difference makers outside the top 15 for DL.

Also when you look at the 49ers dline. They're almost all exclusively top 10 picks. Outside of Ford who they traded for

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
Watching the Super Bowl and I seriously doubt we would have gotten past the Chiefs with our current defense. We need better linebackers and pass rushers in a big way.

Reactions: cdp

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Watching the Super Bowl and I seriously doubt we would have gotten past the Chiefs with our current defense. We need better linebackers and pass rushers in a big way.
Agreed. I said when the chiefs beat the titans that we wouldn’t have gotten past them even if we did make it the championship. This has felt like the chiefs super bowl year honestly since mahomes and their defense started to heat up late in the year. It’s why I just never felt good about us making it all the way this year

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
I do feel Mahomes is a better QB at this point than Lamar but his weapons are better than ours.

We need to get Lamar a better receiver opposite Hollywood immediately.

QB Rankings 1) Mahomes 2) Lamar 3) Wilson 4) Brees 5) Watson ,Rodgers

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
I do feel Mahomes is a better QB at this point than Lamar but his weapons are better than ours.

We need to get Lamar a better receiver opposite Hollywood immediately.

QB Rankings 1) Mahomes 2) Lamar 3) Wilson 4) Brees 5) Watson ,Rodgers
It’s kinda hard to say Lamar is better than Mahomes at this moment with all things considered. I don’t think there’s a lot separating them as much as we or Chiefs’ fans want to think. Both have exceptional abilities. I expect Jackson to close the gap this offseason and threaten Mahomes significantly.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
Winning up front on both sides and a bonafide WR opposite of Hollywood should push us over the Chiefs.
Exactly but that doesn’t mean we should focus solely on specific positions either. Yes if we can win more on those fourth down plays we successfully converted then that goes a long long way. I think we could even consider Swift with our first or second round pick. Adding another RB would make us even more dangerous even if it’s not a huge need. Same can be said for WR & IOL but those are much more glaring needs. We need more defense up front. I really hope Campbell is cut like everyone but I’m not sure they do it since they can save a lot cutting Dareus too