• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
seems we learned our lesson from the Perriman and Lasley picks.

The last two drafts we have taken Hollywood, Boykin, Duvernay and Proche. All of them have really good hands.
Boykin seems to have lost his hands a little bit, he had a problem with drops from preseason down to the bitter end

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Our draft was horrible. You guys did a great job. Man I don’t know what we’re thinking not taking any weapons on offense for Rodgers.
Unfortunately I’d have to say the worst draft class was between the packers and patriots. Sorry Ice bowl lol, there’s room for ya here! I just don’t understand what either team was doing.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Our draft was horrible. You guys did a great job. Man I don’t know what we’re thinking not taking any weapons on offense for Rodgers.
I'm with you and although I believe Love has some potential, Aaron Rodgers is still playing his "A" game. I also don't understand why you didn't pick one receiver out of this class. Kind of reminds me of the Ravens not taking a WR back in 2014.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Unfortunately I’d have to say the worst draft class was between the packers and patriots. Sorry Ice bowl lol, there’s room for ya here! I just don’t understand what either team was doing.
I'd group the Steelers in with the Pats and Packers.

I'm with you and although I believe Love has some potential, Aaron Rodgers is still playing his "A" game. I also don't understand why you didn't pick one receiver out of this class. Kind of reminds me of the Ravens not taking a WR back in 2014.
How you doing Mania? I texted ya the other day but not sure if You got it.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
You think Rodgers will see another Super Bowl?
It’s hard to say so... I think 2020 would’ve been his last real shot IF the packers had a great offseason, but this draft was a total disaster and they did essentially nothing to improve in FA.

Another year of your defense together could yield some great results, that unit took a big leap last year and has enough young talent at key positions to believe that more chemistry and development could see that unit finish near the top of the league, that could help a lot, but the lack of help for Rodgers is pretty despicable tbh

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
It’s hard to say so... I think 2020 would’ve been his last real shot IF the packers had a great offseason, but this draft was a total disaster and they did essentially nothing to improve in FA.

Another year of your defense together could yield some great results, that unit took a big leap last year and has enough young talent at key positions to believe that more chemistry and development could see that unit finish near the top of the league, that could help a lot, but the lack of help for Rodgers is pretty despicable tbh
yeah, unfortunately I agree with you Flex. He had his last shot this year and with other teams getting better throughout the NFC and the Packers really having an off draft, I'm not so sure. If they do it, they are going to have to do it with defense, but I doubt it happens. You could say the same for the Saints, unless they win it this year and Brees walks off into the sunset.

Imagine going from Greg Jennings, Donald Driver, James Jones, Randall Cobb, and Jordy Nelson in 2011 to just Devante Adams in 2020 lmao

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I was wondering if they’re thinking of moving Claypool to tight end

i dont know that he has any of the in-line blocking skills that mean changing his position designation would mean anything - i suppose he could be a big slot but i dont see the route running nuance that would make him successful

that being said i loved denzel mims and mims only came off the board at 59 so what do i know lol...

Doing good. Hoping for a season this year.
Oh I think they'll play.. Possibly without fans but the money the NFL brings to the country is not something one can turn the back to.
Then of course I'm totally ignorant in terms of public events' organisation so the option might economically make no sense