• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
Knocking Lamar for durability when thats one of his best traits and placing Tua ahead tells me Orlovsky is being deliberately provocative to make headlines, so Im glad that Foxworth was there to call him out on it.

I dont really read a lot of stuff like this but putting an unproven QB ahead of the MVP is flat out ridiculous and how can Lamar be knocked for durability issues when he hasnt missed a game.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Knocking Lamar for durability when thats one of his best traits and placing Tua ahead tells me Orlovsky is being deliberately provocative to make headlines, so Im glad that Foxworth was there to call him out on it.

Nique looked pissed. So did Jalen
I went back and watched this debacle. Holy shit, it's even worse the 2nd time around. Like.............there's no logic or rationale to his reasoning.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
I always hate that narrative of one QB beating another because at no point where either on the field at the same time and, as we all know, the Ravens were a MUCH better defense than either the Seahawks or Texans last year.

Honestly between Wilson, Jackson, Mahomes, and Watson, I am probably okay with whatever order people choose to rank them so long as that is your top 4. Mahomes is generally considered the most talented player in football right now, but nobody seemingly carried a team more than Wilson last year. Then of course you have Lamar Jackson as the league MVP and who had the best year of all 4, but on the other hand that offense was created soley for Jackson and would work for no other QB.

There are honest debates about how you would order your top 4 QBs, but I do not think there is a debate over who is in the top 4.
Patrick and russ are top 2 and i dnt think thats a debate..patrick,russ, rodgers, watson for me

Reactions: cdp

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Patrick and russ are top 2 and i dnt think thats a debate..patrick,russ, rodgers, watson for me
Watson over Lamar?

you have been deliberately underselling Lamar and shining a negative spotlight on him this entire offseason after being one his biggest blowers the past year and a half, what’s the deal?

JAAM

Hall of Famer
I went back and watched this debacle. Holy shit, it's even worse the 2nd time around. Like.............there's no logic or rationale to his reasoning.
Even Greeny was having a hard time maintaining some professionalism.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Ok the only thing that I can think about the Lamar not being put at the top of these rankings is that they're using a stupid metric. I think they might be saying best "quarterback" to mean best thrower of the ball. I do believe that after lamars only 2 years, it's not unfair to say that a Patrick Mahomes, or Aaron Rodgers, or Wilson can really sling the ball better than Lamar. And maybe that makes them a better "quarterback" by that useless definition. Lamar is by FAR the best football player out of all those people except maybe maybe Mahomes because he is by far the most impactful player any given game outside of maybe Mahomes. And those are maybes.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
Ok the only thing that I can think about the Lamar not being put at the top of these rankings is that they're using a stupid metric. I think they might be saying best "quarterback" to mean best thrower of the ball. I do believe that after lamars only 2 years, it's not unfair to say that a Patrick Mahomes, or Aaron Rodgers, or Wilson can really sling the ball better than Lamar. And maybe that makes them a better "quarterback" by that useless definition. Lamar is by FAR the best football player out of all those people except maybe maybe Mahomes because he is by far the most impactful player any given game outside of maybe Mahomes. And those are maybes.
I get what you're saying and you may indeed be right. But, these Mahomes comparisons to Lamar are only momentary and may last for a couple to three more years. Exactly like Isaiah Thomas was the best player in the NBA for a while when MJ got into the league and the Bad Boy Pistons won a couple of championships shredding MJ and the Bulls along the way. But, when everything was said and done, there was only one complete BB player that was universally regarded as the GOAT and it was MJ. Doesn't diminish Isaiah's accomplishments at all but no one compares him to MJ anymore.

Lamar I've been telling anybody that is paying heed will become MJ in a football uniform in every aspect except personality. Same other worldly talent, same drive to excel, same desire to win and the willingness to put his teammates on his back. He'll reach the pinnacle over the next 3 yrs and then there is no more discussion about who's the best anymore. Just like last year's MVP race when Lamar sped away with the award, he'll speed away with the best QB award as well.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
I get what you're saying and you may indeed be right. But, these Mahomes comparisons to Lamar are only momentary and may last for a couple to three more years. Exactly like Isaiah Thomas was the best player in the NBA for a while when MJ got into the league and the Bad Boy Pistons won a couple of championships shredding MJ and the Bulls along the way. But, when everything was said and done, there was only one complete BB player that was universally regarded as the GOAT and it was MJ. Doesn't diminish Isaiah's accomplishments at all but no one compares him to MJ anymore.

Lamar I've been telling anybody that is paying heed will become MJ in a football uniform in every aspect except personality. Same other worldly talent, same drive to excel, same desire to win and the willingness to put his teammates on his back. He'll reach the pinnacle over the next 3 yrs and then there is no more discussion about who's the best anymore. Just like last year's MVP race when Lamar sped away with the award, he'll speed away with the best QB award as well.

If I was a wagering man I'd be putting my money on this too. Once he breaks his playoff win boogieman, I think he's gonna be off to the races.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
Umm, I don't know the issue with either Levy or Griese. I'm cool with Riddick. I'm absolutely done with Orlovsky when I saw his recent top 5 rankings.
I went to battle on twitter with Dan Orlovsky and called him out for his hot take. Eventually I think I won the argument. He is just a child trying to follow in the footsteps of that punk Stephen A, Bucky Brooks, Whitlock and Bayless with hot takes just to rouse passion. His hot take on Lamar was about as ridiculous as any he's made ever. I truly hope they don't elevate that fellow to MNF because I can't listen to that fool. ESPN is hard enough, but MNF? Get outta here.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
i dont understand how anyone could say watson...
and rodgers i understand but only if you're taking his whole career (he's not been good the last couple of years)
Rodgers havent been good? More like wrs and tight ends havent been good. Watson been looking good last for 3yrs straight. Lamar only have one year under his belt. Another year great year and he def 3rd

JAAM

Hall of Famer
I went to battle on twitter with Dan Orlovsky and called him out for his hot take. Eventually I think I won the argument. He is just a child trying to follow in the footsteps of that punk Stephen A, Bucky Brooks, Whitlock and Bayless with hot takes just to rouse passion. His hot take on Lamar was about as ridiculous as any he's made ever. I truly hope they don't elevate that fellow to MNF because I can't listen to that fool. ESPN is hard enough, but MNF? Get outta here.
Nice. Can you send a link? I’d love to see that argument

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Watson over Lamar?

you have been deliberately underselling Lamar and shining a negative spotlight on him this entire offseason after being one his biggest blowers the past year and a half, what’s the deal?
Ive been what? Remember when you all were comparing him to vick? I wanted him to be more russ wilson like. I love lamar but im not biased. Lamar and watson are neck and neck but because watson have more than one year under his belt i have to go with him

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
Ive been what? Remember when you all were comparing him to vick? I wanted him to be more russ wilson like. I love lamar but im not biased. Lamar and watson are neck and neck but because watson have more than one year under his belt i have to go with him
Here's my tier list. I didn't rank them within their tier. Ryan was the only one I wasn't sure about.
QB-tierlist.JPG

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I said lamar was better than vick in every way imaginable and he absolutely is. I’m not sure I would Watson over vick, absolutely wouldn’t take Watson over Lamar. Watson is not nearly the playmaker Lamar is and he is too prone to critical mistakes as a result of forcing plays and holding the ball too long. It’s straight up madness to put Watson over Lamar

Ludy51

Hall of Famer
Watson tore his ACL before his 2nd year, by experience they’re tied

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
never liked the Vick comparisons. He was a much better player than Vick and Vick has said so himself. He's a more complete player and a better thrower of the football, although Vick had a really nice deep ball. I'd compare him more to Steve Young in his prime than to Michael Vick and have said so before.