• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

JAAM

Hall of Famer
never liked the Vick comparisons. He was a much better player than Vick and Vick has said so himself. He's a more complete player and a better thrower of the football, although Vick had a really nice deep ball. I'd compare him more to Steve Young in his prime than to Michael Vick and have said so before.
Exactly. My best friend is a 49ers fan and says Lamar reminds him of Steve Young.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
Watson over Lamar?

you have been deliberately underselling Lamar and shining a negative spotlight on him this entire offseason after being one his biggest blowers the past year and a half, what’s the deal?

I mean to be fair to him the debate has shifted. The question going into last offseason was "Can he be an NFL QB?" The question now is "Is he the best QB in the NFL?" Those are two very different questions that can elicit very different responses.

LSURavenFan

Veteran
Seen this going around on twitter, some fans are listing players from their team based on various topics, so I'll bite.

Most Overrated- Earl Thomas, hard to find an underrated or overrated Raven for me

Most Underrated- Ronnie Stanley

Best Player- LAMAR

Key new addition- Calais Campbell

Could Surprise- Devin Duvernay

Takes a leap- Hollywood

Prove it year- Matt Judon

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
never liked the Vick comparisons. He was a much better player than Vick and Vick has said so himself. He's a more complete player and a better thrower of the football, although Vick had a really nice deep ball. I'd compare him more to Steve Young in his prime than to Michael Vick and have said so before.
Im talking about when we first drafted him.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
I said lamar was better than vick in every way imaginable and he absolutely is. I’m not sure I would Watson over vick, absolutely wouldn’t take Watson over Lamar. Watson is not nearly the playmaker Lamar is and he is too prone to critical mistakes as a result of forcing plays and holding the ball too long. It’s straight up madness to put Watson over Lamar
I say theyre even. Lamar a better playmaker but watson is a better passer imo.

Charm City

Pro Bowler
Seen this going around on twitter, some fans are listing players from their team based on various topics, so I'll bite.

Most Overrated- Earl Thomas, hard to find an underrated or overrated Raven for me

Most Underrated- Ronnie Stanley

Best Player- LAMAR

Takes a leap- Hollywood

Prove it year- Matt Judon

Most Overrated- Willie Snead

Most Underrated- Gus Edwards

Best Player - Ronnie Stanley

Takes a leap- Matt Judon... more of those QB hits from last year will become sacks due to a better interior pass rush

Prove it year- Lamar Jackson...unfortunately every year will be a prove-it year for him until he wins a SB.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Tell me how I do that? I can't figure out how to send you a link to it?
I don't have Twitter but is there someplace where you can find all of your previous tweets? If so, find the one you replied to him and click on your reply. Copy the URL and paste it here. Voila!

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Are you shitting me, Mania? You didn't know I or the guy who tweeted that was being sarcastic? You know what? Come take my place in the Pit of Misery.....
I guess I do. I'll blame it on not getting enough sleep last night. lmao

walking your way to take your place.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Yea but you can still tell who is currently the better passer regardless of wrs. Look at winston, dude is terrible.
Winston has nothing to do with this conversation.

you cannot just say flat out that Watson is a better passer, because there isn’t much basis for it, sure he may be more accurate on a per snap basis but that doesn’t make you a better passer. Watson doesn’t have the lightning quick processing or the safe and smart tendency like Lamar. Where Lamar is seeing the hot receiver pre snap and executing the quick release, Watson isn’t seeing it and is just letting it rip and trying to take on the blitz all by his damn self and taking sacks. Watson is closer to josh Allen than he is to Lamar Jackson, he’s clearly better than Allen but Lamar is also clearly better than Watson. And I’m genuinely confused because last off-season you were a big time Lamar supporter and this year it seems like you’re desperately reaching to discredit him lol

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
Winston has nothing to do with this conversation.

you cannot just say flat out that Watson is a better passer, because there isn’t much basis for it, sure he may be more accurate on a per snap basis but that doesn’t make you a better passer. Watson doesn’t have the lightning quick processing or the safe and smart tendency like Lamar. Where Lamar is seeing the hot receiver pre snap and executing the quick release, Watson isn’t seeing it and is just letting it rip and trying to take on the blitz all by his damn self and taking sacks. Watson is closer to josh Allen than he is to Lamar Jackson, he’s clearly better than Allen but Lamar is also clearly better than Watson. And I’m genuinely confused because last off-season you were a big time Lamar supporter and this year it seems like you’re desperately reaching to discredit him lol
I'm sorry but Josh Allen? Josh Allen throws fastballs 24/7 no touch, doesn't go through his reads and his accuracy is below average. You're underestimating Watson. Watson is closer to Lamar than he is to Josh Allen. Watson is in an awful situation: BOB! Yes, Watson takes unnecessary sacks and tries to play hero, but saying Watson doesn't read defenses is just wrong sorry.