• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Seriously, fuck CC. Ridiculously unprofessional.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Seriously, fuck CC. Ridiculously unprofessional.

BAA2C08C-9FBF-4286-94F8-71FA137F1708.jpeg

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
Seen on twitter: What are the Top 5 Worst Moves by your favorite team's front office in the last 10 years?
In no particular order:
- 2nd Flacco extension
- B.Williams contract
- Trading Boldin to the 49ers
- Drafting Perriman
- OC debacle pre Roman

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Seen on twitter: What are the Top 5 Worst Moves by your favorite team's front office in the last 10 years?
In no particular order:
- 2nd Flacco extension
- B.Williams contract
- Drafting Perriman
- OC debacle pre Roman

About right. I'd add drafting Elam and Art Brown in 2013.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
In no particular order:
- 2nd Flacco extension
- B.Williams contract
- Drafting Perriman
- OC debacle pre Roman

- drafting Perriman
- BWill's extension
- drafting Matt Elam
- not drafting Michael Thomas
- not drafting Stephon Diggs in the 4th round of 2015

** I could also say not drafting Lamar Jackson with the 16th pick in the 2018 draft.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
- drafting Perriman
- BWill's extension
- drafting Matt Elam
- not drafting Michael Thomas
- not drafting Stephon Diggs in the 4th round of 2015

** I could also say not drafting Lamar Jackson with the 16th pick in the 2018 draft.

Diggs is a good WR. I dont think hes one of those '' I CANT BELIEVE WE DIDN"T DRAFT DIGGS'' situations

he okay..not a rare breed of WR.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
In no particular order:
- 2nd Flacco extension
- B.Williams contract
- Drafting Perriman
- OC debacle pre Roman
-Drafting Correa over Thomas
-Marc trestman/Marty
-2010 draft round 2
-trading boldin
-Dennis pitta extension
-Flacco 2nd extension

Couldn’t keep it to 5

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Diggs is a good WR. I dont think hes one of those '' I CANT BELIEVE WE DIDN"T DRAFT DIGGS'' situations

in the 4th round of the 2015 draft. That was a miss and I was a big time fan in 2015.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
-Marc trestman/Marty
-2010 draft round 2
-trading boldin
-Dennis pitta extension
-Flacco 2nd extension

Couldn’t keep it to 5
To push back on a couple of these:
1. Trading Boldin I think ultimately is irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. The people that are pissed about it are doing so from a more "personal" stance of liking the player.

There was no scenario I see where he would have been here beyond 2013 (last year of his deal), and if we somehow did extend him, there's no scenario possible where we also signed Steve Smith in 2014. So you basically have one season where you had neither, and it wasn't the type of team that was going to seriously compete with or without either.

2. Flacco's second extension was predicated on the poor structure of the initial contract in 2013, so the blame should fall on that, not the 2nd extension itself. 2nd extension was actually pretty reasonable.

Charm City

Pro Bowler
In no particular order:
- 2nd Flacco extension
- B.Williams contract
- Drafting Perriman
- OC debacle pre Roman
- Lack of a stable OC during Flacco's tenure
- Paying Pitta after he busted his hip
- Anything Eugene Monroe related
- Matt Elam and Arthur Brown
- Forgetting our offensive and defensive identity (ie 4th and 12 with Pees vs Mosley's Baker interception with Wink. Trestman airing it 50+ times with Flacco vs Roman running majority of the plays)

I tried to shy away from anything draft related because all that stuff is easy to nitpick with hindsight and instead tried to focus on things that we could/should have seen coming.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
HAHAHAHAHAHA
when youre on national tv and getting watched by millions of people you shouldnt provoke stuff like this. Now if earl was confront him, people would say “ he is just an analayst” but these analyst create narratives that dictates peoples jobs

JAAM

Hall of Famer
-Marc trestman/Marty
-2010 draft round 2
-trading boldin
-Dennis pitta extension
-Flacco 2nd extension

Couldn’t keep it to 5
The only good thing about Marc Trestman was Chloe

rossihunter2

Staff Member
In no particular order:
- 2nd Flacco extension
- B.Williams contract
- Drafting Perriman
- OC debacle pre Roman

my version:

1) Structure of first flacco structure
2) Dennis Pitta extension
3) Screwing up the ray rice situation
4) Matt Elam, Arthur Brown as the first 2 picks in the 2013 draft
5) Sergio Kindle

rossihunter2

Staff Member

with diggs it was more the fact that he played for maryland already and was an awesome prospect who got banged for size and injury and was available adn we still didnt take him

for me it was one of those "i cant believe we didnt draft diggs" situations mostly because he made it all the way to the 5th round - we could have had him in stead of tray walker, buck allen etc.

we could have taken him in stead of carl davis or maxx williams if we were willing to risk it too - or breshad perriman tbh

the only player from that class that it's not obvious we should have taken him over who we actually took is ZDS

nick boyle and darren waller also got picked in that draft but after Diggs was taken anyway

rossihunter2

Staff Member
To push back on a couple of these:
1. Trading Boldin I think ultimately is irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. The people that are pissed about it are doing so from a more "personal" stance of liking the player.

There was no scenario I see where he would have been here beyond 2013 (last year of his deal), and if we somehow did extend him, there's no scenario possible where we also signed Steve Smith in 2014. So you basically have one season where you had neither, and it wasn't the type of team that was going to seriously compete with or without either.

2. Flacco's second extension was predicated on the poor structure of the initial contract in 2013, so the blame should fall on that, not the 2nd extension itself. 2nd extension was actually pretty reasonable.

exactly - the real problem here was the structure of flacco's 1st contract

and with boldin that ultimately was meaningless trading him away - the only quibble i think you could reasonably have is that we only got a 6th rounder but not sure that on a rebuilding team he would have ultimately made any difference if we didnt trade him away... especially with the state of the OL in 2013