• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer

giphy-downsized-medium.gif

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Who's ready for a scorching hot take that'll guarantee me a trip to the Pit of Misery?

The Office is overrated.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
I'm really happy that Boykin, Hollywood, and Proche were all working out with Lamar. I think the only thing Lamar really needs is to just keep throwing the ball. I think he's one of those people that if he just throws the ball like 25000 times, he's gonna come out of that hardwork spectacular. He's got no shortage of work ethic, so if he just keeps practicing throwing all of his different throws, I think we may see a similar jump in improvement from year 2 to 3 as we saw in 1 to 2. And if that's true, that might be Lamar's max in terms of talent. I think he would get smarter with time, but if he makes another big leap, I don't see how he could get better. I think he'd really probably be the best player in football unquestionably.

Reactions: cdp

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Steve is a good 1b, 2a actor. He’s trash in a main role.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
I also can’t stand Ed Helms

rossihunter2

Staff Member

we already knew ronnie was number 1 - interesting though that Orlando is number 5, ahead of mitchell schwartz...

obviously he's helped by the smaller sample size - but clearly (based on the adjustment), schwartz is aided by andy reid's scheme

that means nothing though if he cant keep up that level of play now that yanda's gone

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer

we already knew ronnie was number 1 - interesting though that Orlando is number 5, ahead of mitchell schwartz...

obviously he's helped by the smaller sample size - but clearly (based on the adjustment), schwartz is aided by andy reid's scheme

that means nothing though if he cant keep up that level of play now that yanda's gone

Yeah I think if we see more pro bowl caliber play out of Orlando jr then we’re gonna have a long term slam dunk stud on our hands, but I’m expecting a regression

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
A rant of sorts - Covid 19 testing being free is a joke in my experience. A big money grab. I called my Doctor and told him Id been exposed to someone that had tested positive this weekend gone by. He said I should I get tested. So, first thing Monday morning my wife and I called him for a referral and his response was that he didn't give referrals...huh? Instead, he said we had to schedule an appointment at Express Care and after that, the next day you can be tested.

During the appointment, which as it turns out is a paid through insurance Dr. visit (that we didn't need), we were never asked how we were exposed..when I said my throat was sore, they recommended a strept throat test and a chest x ray for my wife cough. Im not kidding. They are in there up selling. They took our blood pressure, held a sthoscope on our backs... insisted we leave a credit card in case the insurance didn't cover some of the visit...they would simply take it from our card. It was really a joke.
During the three hour stay Im sure we were in relative contact with 25 people.

The actual test (that we took today) took 2 minutes for both of us.

Steve is a good 1b, 2a actor. He’s trash in a main role.

I agree, I made the same argument recently about Space Force, Carrell has never been able to carry a show or movie by himself.

Space Force should have been equal billing with Malkovich since the premise is about scientists working with military types, or it should have been cast better.

I got a spicy hot take for everyone:

Ozark is overrated and below average.