• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

JAAM

Hall of Famer
I agree, I made the same argument recently about Space Force, Carrell has never been able to carry a show or movie by himself.

Space Force should have been equal billing with Malkovich since the premise is about scientists working with military types, or it should have been cast better.

I got a spicy hot take for everyone:

Ozark is overrated and below average.
Agree with the above and absolutely agree with Ozark. Never been a fan of Bateman. I have weird taste in cinema

JAAM

Hall of Famer

Deebo813

Hall of Famer

we already knew ronnie was number 1 - interesting though that Orlando is number 5, ahead of mitchell schwartz...

obviously he's helped by the smaller sample size - but clearly (based on the adjustment), schwartz is aided by andy reid's scheme

that means nothing though if he cant keep up that level of play now that yanda's gone

Schwartz has way more drop backs than brown im assuming.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Why? He made a huge jump in his second year.
No yanda I’m expecting is going to make his job a lot harder, along with us pretty clearly trying to replace some TE snaps with WR snaps and become maybe a little more conventional.

Hayden hurst, for his shortcomings as a playmaking receiver, was an EXCELLENT H-back type, he did a lot of work running chips out of the backfield to the strong side and that also makes zeus’ job easier.

when I say regression I don’t mean he IS worse, i mean at first glance it may appear worse, because of a likely change in philosophy that naturally puts more pressure and responsibility on him. That’s why I’m saying if we Aren’t seeing struggles out of him then we have a real stud on our hands.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I agree, I made the same argument recently about Space Force, Carrell has never been able to carry a show or movie by himself.

Space Force should have been equal billing with Malkovich since the premise is about scientists working with military types, or it should have been cast better.

I got a spicy hot take for everyone:

Ozark is overrated and below average.
Haven’t even watched it yet, I keep hearing how great it is but I have little desire to watch it, everyone hyped narcos the same and I watched the whole first season and it was trash.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
No yanda I’m expecting is going to make his job a lot harder, along with us pretty clearly trying to replace some TE snaps with WR snaps and become maybe a little more conventional.

Hayden hurst, for his shortcomings as a playmaking receiver, was an EXCELLENT H-back type, he did a lot of work running chips out of the backfield to the strong side and that also makes zeus’ job easier.

when I say regression I don’t mean he IS worse, i mean at first glance it may appear worse, because of a likely change in philosophy that naturally puts more pressure and responsibility on him. That’s why I’m saying if we Aren’t seeing struggles out of him then we have a real stud on our hands.

i would agree that yanda being there helps him
not sure i see that hurst helped him much

schematically though he was put in a position to succeed with lots of downblocking opportunities where he could use his length and power to smash into the DL inside and wall-off to create space for the pullers to kick out and get through the hole

obviously that's not all he did but id say the scheme helped orlando a lot more than hurst did

yanda's the big loss clearly though

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
Ouch. I remember seeing Bowden’s name quite a few times up to the draft.

NFL Update (@MySportsUpdate) Tweeted:
There was a report this morning that US Marshals and the Drug Enforcement Agency seized guns from the Ohio home of #Raiders rookie RB Lynn Bowden. The team says they’re aware of the situation and won’t comment further. Bowden’s mother tweeted that her son was not arrested. https://t.co/BQ5GDjxKvt

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Ouch. I remember seeing Bowden’s name quite a few times up to the draft.

NFL Update (@MySportsUpdate) Tweeted:
There was a report this morning that US Marshals and the Drug Enforcement Agency seized guns from the Ohio home of #Raiders rookie RB Lynn Bowden. The team says they’re aware of the situation and won’t comment further. Bowden’s mother tweeted that her son was not arrested. https://t.co/BQ5GDjxKvt

its been talked about elsewhere but there's no sense that he's in trouble in any way - doesnt even live at the address (was his grandmother's house) and the sting that appeared to happen 1) was related to incidents at the location (not involving bowden) and 2) resulted in no arrests

so unless something changes drastically i dont think there's any real problem

Haven’t even watched it yet, I keep hearing how great it is but I have little desire to watch it, everyone hyped narcos the same and I watched the whole first season and it was trash.

Im not a fan of Narcos. Ozark is like a poor mans Breaking Bad. I hear nothing but good things about The Expanse.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Anyone been thinking the ravens might have real plans for AB? i could see Eric just wanting to wait an off-season to see if he keeps his nose clean and then scooping him for peanuts the day before training camp

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Anyone been thinking the ravens might have real plans for AB? i could see Eric just wanting to wait an off-season to see if he keeps his nose clean and then scooping him for peanuts the day before training camp
I think he's definitely keeping his options open. The fact that he didn't outright deny being interested in him tells me at the very least we'll monitor his situation.

Methinks, we should STAY THE FUCK AWAY from him. I don't want the remnants of his Madden Curse to mix with Lamar's (potential or inevitable) Madden Curse. That's a recipe for total disaster.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
I think he's definitely keeping his options open. The fact that he didn't outright deny being interested in him tells me at the very least we'll monitor his situation.

Methinks, we should STAY THE FUCK AWAY from him. I don't want the remnants of his Madden Curse to mix with Lamar's (potential or inevitable) Madden Curse. That's a recipe for total disaster.

I think the reason he didn’t outright deny it was just another good ole GM talk. “Say something without saying anything.”
If he were to straight up say no, you know espn will find some way to spin that into a narrative of GM and star QB does not see eye to eye.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
This is purely hypothetical so please don't fixate on the first half, I'm asking about the second half of this post. Let's say EDC decidesnto sign AB or some other absolutely legitimate outside receiver after getting cut or through trade. Do you guys think a combo of Marquise and AB on the outside with Boykin in the slot would be our most dangerous option? I know we don't keep people in fixed positions by any means, I just want Boykin to find a home where he will succeed, because if he does, who could stop us?

rossihunter2

Staff Member
This is purely hypothetical so please don't fixate on the first half, I'm asking about the second half of this post. Let's say EDC decidesnto sign AB or some other absolutely legitimate outside receiver after getting cut or through trade. Do you guys think a combo of Marquise and AB on the outside with Boykin in the slot would be our most dangerous option? I know we don't keep people in fixed positions by any means, I just want Boykin to find a home where he will succeed, because if he does, who could stop us?

you could do - but in that scenario you'd see hollywood play a lot of slot - dont think it would be boykin who moves inside so much - you've also got snead, duvernay and proche who will be fighting for slot snaps in this scenario