• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
That darn Saints game in 2018
that was an extra point and believe it was for the tie, but still. What is worse is that the refs aided the Saints on there last drive to score, plus we had used both of our reviews due to terrible officiating. Anyway, we are long past 2018.

The wind seem to just take that ball and make it turn right

Last edited:

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Maybe due to the fact the entire New England area would be watching TB. I have family in New England due to my wife being from Massachusetts. Yes, I've converted her to become a Ravens fan. Anyway, one of her friends and a couple family members think the dynasty was more on TB than on BB. It certainly will be interesting to watch TB in TB and see how it plays out these next couple years.
brady is already a God down here. He can prolly walk the streets butt ass naked and have people join him

rossihunter2

Staff Member
If Trevor stays in college for another year to avoid the possibility of getting drafted by a certain team then I have no problem with that. If, however, he enters the draft and tries to pull an Elway/Eli then I'll lose all respect for him. Once a team drafts you then you should be playing for that team regardless of how you feel about it; the draft isn't free agency where you can just pick where you want to go.

i just dont see it happening - rookies just dont have that leverage and they definitely dont have enough money in the bank to hold out from the very beginning

with the rookie wage scale it's far less likely a rookie QB ever holds out from a particular team

i also think its unlikely a guy gives up a year's worth of money just to avoid a team that may well be bad enough to pick him a year later anyway

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
i just dont see it happening - rookies just dont have that leverage and they definitely dont have enough money in the bank to hold out from the very beginning

with the rookie wage scale it's far less likely a rookie QB ever holds out from a particular team

i also think its unlikely a guy gives up a year's worth of money just to avoid a team that may well be bad enough to pick him a year later anyway
Agree on the latter part. There's no guarantee the Jets will just take another QB if its not Lawrence, so you're just picking your poison.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Was to tie and unfortunately remembered that. Was watching a highlight clip which is why that came to mind. And you know he's damn good when he misses a PAT and most fans basically say he's earned a miss.
Are you on Baltimore barter Facebook page? I saw at least 3 tucker jerseys posted for sale within 24 hours I shit you not

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor

It's more about the threat of them not playing for a specific team than them actually holding out and not playing. In the end, would Trevor actually sit out if he gets drafted by the Jets and lose a year's worth of salary? Probably not. The threat would be there though and it might be enough for the Jets to consider trading the pick away to a QB-needy team and, thus, Trevor would get his way (which is complete bullshit IMO).

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Are you on Baltimore barter Facebook page? I saw at least 3 tucker jerseys posted for sale within 24 hours I shit you not

Don't have social media and thankful for it every time I see stupid shit like that. His rookie year he hit 3 game winning fgs (each longer than the previous) and 1 sent us to the AFCCG. Saw the Lions one again to realize it wasn't even the cleanest snap. This is why I don't complain about Cundiff anymore because we probably don't get Tucker. So in hindsight, thank you, too, Lee Evans.

Wish JJ got a ring though.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Don't have social media and thankful for it every time I see stupid shit like that. His rookie year he hit 3 game winning fgs (each longer than the previous) and 1 sent us to the AFCCG. Saw the Lions one again to realize it wasn't even the cleanest snap. This is why I don't complain about Cundiff anymore because we probably don't get Tucker. So in hindsight, thank you, too, Lee Evans.

tbh i dont really care that jj didnt get a ring, wouldve been nice and all but the one guy i really wish couldve gotten a ring with us was derrick mason, he deserved it ten times over.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

agree, I refuse to follow sports on social media outside of twitter and almost never pay attention to fans on twitter.

That being said, I never post on fb on the Ravens or BR.com

Reactions: cdp

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
That darn Saints game in 2018

that was an extra point and believe it was for the tie, but still. What is worse is that the refs aided the Saints on there last drive to score, plus we had used both of our reviews due to terrible officiating. Anyway, we are long past 2018.

The wind seem to just take that ball and make it turn right

Was to tie and unfortunately remembered that. Was watching a highlight clip which is why that came to mind. And you know he's damn good when he misses a PAT and most fans basically say he's earned a miss.
No one will convince me otherwise but we lost due to collusion from the sports media, the refs, and the football gods. We had no chance of winning the game. The ending proved it was an illusion until the curtains came crashing down.

All week long, we had to hear about Brees never beaten the Ravens in his career. I knew right then that the handwriting was on the wall.