• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Lmao you right, the funniest duo in sports analysis is either those 2 or skip and shannon
Only reason I stay up late after the games lol

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
When do we re-sign Bowser? It's rare to have an outside lb with those coverage skills and he's arguably our best pass rusher.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
bowser definitely needs to be kept. this season is not a fluke, he had a quality season in coverage last year as well, and hes always at least brought a speed element to the pass rush that OLs had to account for.

we have deperately needed speed in the front seven, and coverage skill from our LBs, we would be stupid as fuck to get rid of arguably the most advanced player in our front seven in those aspects just as hes hitting his prime.

going on record to say letting bowser walk would be the biggest regret our FO has had in a long time.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
bowser definitely needs to be kept. this season is not a fluke, he had a quality season in coverage last year as well, and hes always at least brought a speed element to the pass rush that OLs had to account for.

we have deperately needed speed in the front seven, and coverage skill from our LBs, we would be stupid as fuck to get rid of arguably the most advanced player in our front seven in those aspects just as hes hitting his prime.

going on record to say letting bowser walk would be the biggest regret our FO has had in a long time.

he's also clearly way more valuable to this defence than basically any other in the league because of how much we drop him into coverage - id be very surprised if there's a team that drops their EDGEs into coverage as much as we do

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
he's also clearly way more valuable to this defence than basically any other in the league because of how much we drop him into coverage - id be very surprised if there's a team that drops their EDGEs into coverage as much as we do
that too. if we do make the playoffs and make a run at it, our defense is going to have to get back on track, part of that is health, but i think a big part is seeing our young players break out and make plays. bowser, madubuike, ngakoue, queen/fort/harrison, and elliott, these guys are gonna have to have a kruger/mcphee/ellerbe/cary/jimmy like streak of play where they all just step tf up for the stiff competition and propel the defense to the super bowl.

JAAM

Hall of Famer

Francois Boulianne

Practice Squad
How does he fair covering TEs? Does he get these assignments often? I remember not a long time ago that this was our main weakness in defense. And Mosley was often criticized for that. I know they do not play the same position but I'm just wondering if he is becoming part of the solution in that aspect of the game or if we are still mainely relying on our mlbs for that.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
How does he fair covering TEs? Does he get these assignments often? I remember not a long time ago that this was our main weakness in defense. And Mosley was often criticized for that. I know they do not play the same position but I'm just wondering if he is becoming part of the solution in that aspect of the game or if we are still mainely relying on our mlbs for that.

In some cases earlier in the year when we had enough dbs to consistently play dime we often took both MLBs off the field but left Bowser and Judon in there because of their coverage ability and their flexibility

but bowsers exceptional in coverage - he’s unlikely to ever be singled up vs a tight-end in man but he’s been great covering leaking backs and dropping into zones to take away a QBs first quick read (or more)

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Trevor Lawrence has an 85-3 record since HIGH SCHOOL. That is crazy insane, but that goes out the window if he chooses to accept being drafted by the Jets. I mean Joe Burrow never lost two games in a row until the Bengals drafted him.

I know top prospects go to bad teams to keep a competitive balance and all but damn you don't want to see talented players be wasted on bad organizations like the Bengals & Jets.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Trevor Lawrence has an 85-3 record since HIGH SCHOOL. That is crazy insane, but that goes out the window if he chooses to accept being drafted by the Jets. I mean Joe Burrow never lost two games in a row until the Bengals drafted him.

I know top prospects go to bad teams to keep a competitive balance and all but damn you don't want to see talented players be wasted on bad organizations like the Bengals & Jets.

tbf didnt look like Burrow was being wasted - the Jets are awful so it's going to take more than just a QB but they've at least got their LT of the future in place and Denzel Mims looks like he could be something at WR if he can stay healthy

it's a team devoid of talent but Joe Douglas is a good evaluator of talent the jets just dont have much of it so far but they do have 5 picks in the first 3 rounds of the 2021 draft and the 2nd most cap space in the NFL in a year when tons of teams are going to have to get rid of good players because of the salary cap (more than a 3rd of the NFL is already over the 2021 cap)