• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
From what Steve Wyce was saying on NFL Network: “[David Culley] said there’s nothing Lamar can’t do, and right now though they just run a system that kind of limits what he does in the passing game, but if they opened it up, he would be able to do that.”

He's the same guy who was the WR coach for the Kansas City Chiefs in 2014 when they had 0 Touchdowns by any receiver that year and probably thinks the Chiefs ran a system that limits the receivers ability to score touchdowns.

Rumor mill on the last question, Culley is a placeholder while they groom Josh McCown for the Head Coaching job.
My problem with the last part is that, as far as I can tell, he's not a coach on the Texans staff. So if they're "grooming him", it'd be pretty hard to do when he's not on your payroll or a part of your organization.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
he had fewer pressures and QB hits than tyus bowser and 3 of his sacks came in one game against the seahawks in week 3

i'd have almost no interest at all in aldon smith

i definitely have interest in a lot of the other free agent edges still available: Ingram, Dunlap, Clowney, Houston, kerrigan, vernon, griffen

Would also like Kerrigan, Houston and Dunlap from that group. As for Smith, was his 1st year back. The personnel went from a 43 to an awful Nolan 3-4 scheme.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
he had fewer pressures and QB hits than tyus bowser and 3 of his sacks came in one game against the seahawks in week 3

i'd have almost no interest at all in aldon smith

i definitely have interest in a lot of the other free agent edges still available: Ingram, Dunlap, Clowney, Houston, kerrigan, vernon, griffen
Clowney? Griffen? Let's reignite that #SIIE!

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Anyone on the boards from Tampa or nearby ? Just got orders to a joint unit in McDill, curious what the area is like.

Go Bucs.....? Go Brady? I’m Ron Burgundy ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Anyone on the boards from Tampa or nearby ? Just got orders to a joint unit in McDill, curious what the area is like.

Tampa seems to be nothing short of lit and me and my wife are strongly considering a move to the area when we sell our house lol, she’s got family there and they rave about it

Charm City

Pro Bowler
I like Patrick queen, but damn it would’ve been nice if we drafted tee Higgins and then got zaven Collins in this draft
I don't think Zaven Collins and Queen play similar roles in a Wink defense. Collins reminds me more of a Bowser type player with the ability to rush or play in space.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I don't think Zaven Collins and Queen play similar roles in a Wink defense. Collins reminds me more of a Bowser type player with the ability to rush or play in space.
Well that’s the thing, I’d kinda like my first round ILB to play well in space lol, which queen really doesn’t at all.

Collins would do as much or more damage blitzing from the ILB spot and looks to be much more aware in coverage with legit iq. That said queens processor in the run game is stupid fast and frankly it’s just rare, still wish he was much much better in coverage.

also I like queen, don’t misunderstand lol, just knowing how Higgins looks I wish we had him and I think Collins is a sure thing and would in fact play ILB for us because he can do what winks wants him to do

Charm City

Pro Bowler
Well that’s the thing, I’d kinda like my first round ILB to play well in space lol, which queen really doesn’t at all.

Collins would do as much or more damage blitzing from the ILB spot and looks to be much more aware in coverage with legit iq. That said queens processor in the run game is stupid fast and frankly it’s just rare, still wish he was much much better in coverage.

also I like queen, don’t misunderstand lol, just knowing how Higgins looks I wish we had him and I think Collins is a sure thing and would in fact play ILB for us because he can do what winks wants him to do
Yeah in no way am I saying you think Queen is bad, its just not really an apples to apples comparison imo because they are dissimilar in terms of play style like you mentioned. I also think we could take Collins and have our linebacker corps be Collins, Queen, Bowser in a 3-3-5 nickel which sounds absolutely unpredictable blitzing-wise.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Yeah in no way am I saying you think Queen is bad, its just not really an apples to apples comparison imo because they are dissimilar in terms of play style like you mentioned. I also think we could take Collins and have our linebacker corps be Collins, Queen, Bowser in a 3-3-5 nickel which sounds absolutely unpredictable blitzing-wise.
It does sound like a lot of fun, just not sure there’s enough value in that.

and I just don’t think they’re dissimilar in styles, they’re both excellent blitzing and firing downhill quickly and play with a lot of range and explosiveness, one just has a knack for reading the blocking scheme very well and playing it well

Deebo813

Hall of Famer

Been living in tampa all my life.. its honestly just an all around good city tbh.. where are you coming from?

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Tampa seems to be nothing short of lit and me and my wife are strongly considering a move to the area when we sell our house lol, she’s got family there and they rave about it
Housing market going up and fast. Theyve been flushing money in city for last 10yrs and results finally starting to show.. better hurry