• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Housing market going up and fast. Theyve been flushing money in city for last 10yrs and results finally starting to show.. better hurry
I find it hard to believe that there will be any point where the value is worse in Tampa than in MD lol, extremely inflated market here, very poor value, horrible taxes, honestly unless you’re a fed employee or gov contractor i don’t see any rational reason to live in MD other than family reasons lol.

and we don’t have it narrowed to one area specifically, but her peoples are in the St. Petersburg area I believe

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
I find it hard to believe that there will be any point where the value is worse in Tampa than in MD lol, extremely inflated market here, very poor value, horrible taxes, honestly unless you’re a fed employee or gov contractor i don’t see any rational reason to live in MD other than family reasons lol.

and we don’t have it narrowed to one area specifically, but her peoples are in the St. Petersburg area I believe
Bruh, there is no state income tax in the Sunshine State lol. We gucci over here.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Now I'm curious. What made you chose the Ravens over the Bucs?
A few things.. they were first team i played with on madden cause i hated the fact that everyone liked them.. my cousin played for hurricanes in late 80s as a lb so he cheered heavily for ray lewis when he came out.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer

Yea just bring your ass here man..

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Been living in tampa all my life.. its honestly just an all around good city tbh.. where are you coming from?

We’re moving from Jacksonville NC after being stationed at Lejuene. I’m pumped only heard great things about the city. Just gotta find a nice neighborhood somewhere in the suburbs. Same with schools, the wife is very picky about private schools for our daughter. I was a dumb public school guy and I turned out fine but o well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nurps

Ravens Ring of Honor
Anyone on the boards from Tampa or nearby ? Just got orders to a joint unit in McDill, curious what the area is like.

Go Bucs.....? Go Brady? I’m Ron Burgundy ?

It’s awesome here. I live near St. Petersburg which is on the other side of the bay. Great place to live. Welcome.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Move to Sydney I need a fellow Ravens fan to watch games with.

Sydney is such a fun time , spent 6 months there in my 20s banging an au pair i met in America who’s visa had expired

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
We’re moving from Jacksonville NC after being stationed at Lejuene. I’m pumped only heard great things about the city. Just gotta find a nice neighborhood somewhere in the suburbs. Same with schools, the wife is very picky about private schools for our daughter. I was a dumb public school guy and I turned out fine but o well

I was also a dumb public school guy yet helped all the intelligent guys in college lol. I dnt know much about private schools here but as far as areas to live in, that should be easy for you all. By the way.. tampa, brandon and riverview all are basically the same thing so dnt be hesitate about looking there too.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Bruh, there is no state income tax in the Sunshine State lol. We gucci over here.

Living in NC myself, I'm costing myself $50 per check by not living in a state with no income tax. That extra $50 could be gas money right now the way it's gone up since January.

Why tf you think I wanna move so bad lmfao

I’m working on it man, I’ve decided pretty firmly that I’m not spending my whole life in MD and why not just get started now lol

Nobody should ever spend their whole life in MD. My parents and I moved to NC right after I graduated High School and I went right into Broadcasting School that fall. I don't miss it one bit, I go up once a year for a Ravens game then I leave again until the next season lol.

My parents want to move to Florida, I want to move out of NC but don't know where, maybe Florida. My job currently makes it easy for me to transfer anywhere I want but I just haven't figured out the where lol.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

what I've heard from Florida residents is where they may not have instate taxes, they get you in other places. I live in Montgomery County, Maryland and love it here, especially being close to Washington, DC. I also like the change of seasons. That being said, it is an expensive place to live, no question about that. Works really well for my business as the DMV has 4 of the top 10 wealthiest counties in the country and I'm an Investment Advisor, although I have clients across the country (most on the east coast though).

I do like Tampa as I was there on a conference once and was able to see the area a bit. If I move anywhere, which in time I may, it won't be to Florida.

Last edited:

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor

As for me, I'll trade all of that not to be surrounded by wayward pythons, crocs, blistering heat, humidity and old, noisy people! laugh out loud! I love my MD!
ps: Truth is, I am old and falling apart myself, but I feel so young among the lot of you! For that I'm grateful.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
what I've heard from Florida residents is where they may not have instate taxes, they get you in other places. I live in Montgomery County, Maryland and love it here, especially being close to Washington, DC. I also like the change of seasons. That being said, it is an expensive place to live, no question about that. Works really well for my business as the DMV has 4 of the top 10 wealthiest counties in the country and I'm an Investment Advisor, although I have clients across the country (most on the east coast though).

I do like Tampa as I was there on a conference once and was able to see the area a bit. If I move anywhere, which in time I may, it won't be to Florida.

Do it. Can't beat the weather and cost of living isn't crazy. Wouldn't say there's a huge trade off with no instate tax.

As for me, I'll trade all of that not to be surrounded by wayward pythons, crocs, blistering heat, humidity and old, noisy people! laugh out loud! I love my MD!
ps: Truth is, I am old and falling apart myself, but I feel so young among the lot of you! For that I'm grateful.

Been here 14 years and think I,very seen maybe 1 or 2 Gators my entire time here. One occasion was passing and actual gator alley and the other I was ahem under the influence so it might have been a big ass iguana. The heat good for them old bones.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Living in NC myself, I'm costing myself $50 per check by not living in a state with no income tax. That extra $50 could be gas money right now the way it's gone up since January.

Nobody should ever spend their whole life in MD. My parents and I moved to NC right after I graduated High School and I went right into Broadcasting School that fall. I don't miss it one bit, I go up once a year for a Ravens game then I leave again until the next season lol.

My parents want to move to Florida, I want to move out of NC but don't know where, maybe Florida. My job currently makes it easy for me to transfer anywhere I want but I just haven't figured out the where lol.
how old are you or should I say how young are you. You can use anniversaries of a 29th birthday if you'd like. This year I celebrate the 26th anniversary of my 29th birthday. Yes, it's a speed limit birthday!

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor

What part of NC? I went to college in Charlotte and later stationed in Camp Lejuene for three years. I love NC and would be happy to come back