• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
I don't think anyone is trying to debate that CTE is a good thing; just that in order to eliminate it from the NFL, you would pretty much have to disband the NFL, as it currently is. Unless you change all the rules and turn the game into "flag football" then there's always going to be a risk of CTE.
Yeah, that too is a fact. So why is everyone argueing?

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
No but seriously... Are there people that think CTE is a good thing or what? There's just no real debate, just facts.
Nobody would ever say that lol, just that as of now, players know the risk and are still more than willing to play for that money, and rightfully so, if I know I can make tens of millions for a slight chance of depression and amnesia later on, fucking give me that. If my family is setup for generations because I took that risk then I die in my 60s proud and happy.

So the real debate is: the players do this voluntary and know the risk and are rewarded handsomely for it, why is it still an issue? Leave football alone, it's dangerous and people still wanna play it

Tank

Hall of Famer
Investing for generational wealth that will benefit your family for the next century? Not all NFL players buy ferraris and F650s and strippers and bottle service every weekend, some are in it to lift their entire families and sometimes communities.
F650 towing a trailer with strippers! yeah, that's the ticket.

Seriously though, the original point about CTE and the future of football is a valid one. It may happen that litigation catches up to the profits, rules will pussify the game and poof.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
The ravens posted a pic on Twitter or all the rookies at harbs House for a cookout and a day off from OTAs:

https://twitter.com/ravens/status/1001972593992364032?s=21

My first thought was - holy crap that’s a large number of people... this must be or largest rookie class ever or at least be close

Does anyone know the numbers? Coz I can’t remember us ever having 30 rookies before...
Well, we drafted 12, and that has got to be a franchise record or close.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
meek mill news on drake was 10x better than what push said though. Plus pusha just chasing fans for his albums. I hate rap beef shit is way too fake. Most them dudes soft as fk in real life
I think Pusha is about that life tbh, but definitely not Drake. To be fair, this isn't the first time that Pusha made a song directed at Drake.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
I think Pusha is about that life tbh, but definitely not Drake. To be fair, this isn't the first time that Pusha made a song directed at Drake.
Yea i rememeber he has always went at cash money for some reason. Pusha sold nickles and dimes and act like he sold truck loads and still raps about it lol. Pusha did an interview and said he saw birdman in the elevator lol. Pusha not about shit lol just like most rappers

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
So, the Ravens' official site did an interesting article on how Decosta said he needed to nail all five of the 4th round picks we had in the 2016 draft before that draft. And crazily enough, he might have succeeded. Dixon is a starting caliber back when healthy, Tavon Young is a top notch corner, Lewis is a starting o-lineman, and Henry is one of our starting d-linemen. The only question mark so far is Moore, who might turn out to at least be a decent WR3.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
Interesting article about moving to the AFC East, but I doubt it ever happens.

https://www.baltimorebeatdown.com/2...-england-patriots-buffalo-bills-new-york-jets

Hell why stop there. The best scenario geographically would be move the Ravens to the east, the Dolphins to the south and the Colts to the north and leave Buffalo as is.

Also when they talk about the blue collar ethics of steel and auto manufacturing we had a major auto factory on Broening Hwy and wow Beth Steel. Anybody heard of it? We really don't compare to NY or Boston in that respect.