• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
As much as the Steelers are our rival, through the hatred I feel as if there’s mutual respect between the two fanbases and teams.

There’s nothing of the sort for the Patriots

I have no respect for Patriot or Red Sox fans since they don't give it in return.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor

Icy

Practice Squad
Does anybody know anything about Va Tech CB Adonis Alexander. He supposed to be included in the supplemental draft. Is he worth a gamble ?

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
Does anybody know anything about Va Tech CB Adonis Alexander. He supposed to be included in the supplemental draft. Is he worth a gamble ?
No. I think with an already crowded CB group I'd be hesitant to give up another pick and we've already traded away our 2nd round pick.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
Great length and patience in his game. Very hard to faze him. Some team should take the bet rather early.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Interesting article about moving to the AFC East, but I doubt it ever happens.

https://www.baltimorebeatdown.com/2...-england-patriots-buffalo-bills-new-york-jets
It'd give me more of a reason to hate the Dolphins and Bills.

To be fair I have absolutely no respect for Bengals fans either.
Or their team. Fuck Burfict, Adam Jones, Mixon, and any and every Bengals WR.

i feel sorry for bengals fans
I don't. They, like the Browns, are fans of a divisional rival. Fuck 'em. Very few times I hate the Bengals more than the Steelers and Patriots, but whatever.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Not nearly as worried about the oline as I was last season. I'm skeptical of Lewis at C, I personally think it's a terrible idea. I know that Yanda is a much better player at RG but I'd rather have him calling the protections. But that's whatever. I personally think if Siragusa is healthy he's going to surprise everyone and take over at C and we slide Lewis back to LG. Hurst was a truly overrated commodity even if he wasn't horrid. The tape and the stats back that.

Yanda returning should be a huge boost and I think Orlando Brown could be an immediate rock at the RT position if he's in shape. Stanley should start racking in pro bowls soon. Worst case scenario is that Hurst is a "meh" guard and that Lewis is a "meh" center. Which is fine. The oline as a whole has likely been upgraded.

Not nearly as worried about the oline as I was last season. I'm skeptical of Lewis at C, I personally think it's a terrible idea. I know that Yanda is a much better player at RG but I'd rather have him calling the protections. But that's whatever. I personally think if Siragusa is healthy he's going to surprise everyone and take over at C and we slide Lewis back to LG. Hurst was a truly overrated commodity even if he wasn't horrid. The tape and the stats back that.

Yanda returning should be a huge boost and I think Orlando Brown could be an immediate rock at the RT position if he's in shape. Stanley should start racking in pro bowls soon. Worst case scenario is that Hurst is a "meh" guard and that Lewis is a "meh" center. Which is fine. The oline as a whole has likely been upgraded.

I’m hoping a miracle happens and we can find a serviceable Center through Cap Cuts. Move Lewis to StRoNg SaFtEY

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer

Hurst was a force on pull blocks, pulls from hurst and wham blocks from maxx were a huge reason for Alex Collins breaking out.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Hurst was a force on pull blocks, pulls from hurst and wham blocks from maxx were a huge reason for Alex Collins breaking out.
Not really. Maxx I agree with but Hurst was still vastly below average as a run blocker.
I'll live with him at LG but let's not act like he's even a solid starter. He's not. He's "meh". A guy we could obviously do better than and actually stand to upgrade.

I still hope Siragusa takes over the C position because Lewis is a much better guard....

rossihunter2

Staff Member

Even if we need Yanda to call the protections he can still do that from guard - it would be preferable for the centre to do it but not unheard of for the guard to call them

I really see no reason for Yanda to move to centre at all

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
Not really. Maxx I agree with but Hurst was still vastly below average as a run blocker.
I'll live with him at LG but let's not act like he's even a solid starter. He's not. He's "meh". A guy we could obviously do better than and actually stand to upgrade.

I still hope Siragusa takes over the C position because Lewis is a much better guard....
All the rest aside, why is Lewis considered better than Hurst? He showed nothing as a run blocker and was adequate in pass pro. Barring significant progress since his rookie year I don't see the difference.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
All the rest aside, why is Lewis considered better than Hurst? He showed nothing as a run blocker and was adequate in pass pro. Barring significant progress since his rookie year I don't see the difference.

I think we all wanted Lewis to be the second coming of Ricky Wagner. A 5th round stud. Lewis has a decent rookie season.. that’s it