• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Chiefs Rookie Tackle Lucas Niang is the 61st player to opt out of the 2020 Season.

4PM is the deadline for opting out. Will we reach 70?

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Chiefs Rookie Tackle Lucas Niang is the 61st player to opt out of the 2020 Season.

4PM is the deadline for opting out. Will we reach 70?
We will reach 141, and all 80 of those opt outs will be our camp roster.

we will trade for james hurst to offset the damage.

Simba

Staff Member
We will reach 141, and all 80 of those opt outs will be our camp roster.

we will trade for james hurst to offset the damage.

I wonder what would happen if an entire team did decide they wanted to take a stand and opt out. Hell I'm rooting for it now (not us) just so I can see the social media backlash.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Bills CB Tre'Davious White has opted out... thats a huge loss for the Bills secondary.
Holy shit that is MAJOR... wow.

he’s arguably the best corner in the league, on a hot up and coming team sporting arguably the leagues best defense. That’s insane.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Bills CB Tre'Davious White has opted out... thats a huge loss for the Bills secondary.
Conflicting reports. He actually didn’t opt out

Petty but I’ve been commenting “insecure Chiefs fans where y’all at?” on damn near every YouTube video published by the Ravens as of late because you know they’re right around the corner.

On twitter they shit on everything Ravens related, my guess is a lot of our people were talking mad shit during last season, and so they should have because Lamar dominated.

Simba

Staff Member
Not that it should come as much of a surprise, but Harbaugh basically guaranteed 3 QBs on the roster again. More important this year more than ever.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
Not that it should come as much of a surprise, but Harbaugh basically guaranteed 3 QBs on the roster again. More important this year more than ever.

Makes sense. Theyre out for 2-3 weeks if they get covid right?

Although if they deem Huntley and McSorely as even tier, maybe they can release both and add whoever clears waivers to the PS.

Simba

Staff Member
Makes sense. Theyre out for 2-3 weeks if they get covid right?

Although if they deem Huntley and McSorely as even tier, maybe they can release both and add whoever clears waivers to the PS.

Don't think it's a set time. Just need to have 2 consecutive negative tests so it could be a few days if everything goes well.

But I don't think it's an either/or really. Think they'll retain McSorley on the 53 and put Huntley on the PS, assuming he clears waivers. Teams are going to stack QBs this year just in case, and especially so with the few extra PS spots.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Don't think it's a set time. Just need to have 2 consecutive negative tests so it could be a few days if everything goes well.

But I don't think it's an either/or really. Think they'll retain McSorley on the 53 and put Huntley on the PS, assuming he clears waivers. Teams are going to stack QBs this year just in case, and especially so with the few extra PS spots.
We needed a preseason this year so that we could see Huntley. Comparing their colleg film, I’m taking Huntley over trace all day

rossihunter2

Staff Member
We needed a preseason this year so that we could see Huntley. Comparing their colleg film, I’m taking Huntley over trace all day

huntley looks the part more in terms of play-style but trace actually tested better athletically i think

you gotta think that huntley's gonna progress quickly though with that florida connection and the history he has with lamar and hollywood and also the time he's spent with those guys in the offseason and time he's spending with them even now looking at this post:

(at least im pretty sure that's ty throwing it)

rossihunter2

Staff Member

it's been an interesting change in harbs the last couple of years where he doesnt obfuscate stuff as much when it's meaningless to hide it - there's none of this hmming and hawing about things that aren't going to create competitive advantages

this is just the latest example of that

and eric does it too (that might just be because eric does more media than ozzie ever did so he gets to talk about stuff more)

Simba

Staff Member
Trevor has a point....

I don't disagree by any means, but he is missing the whole liability aspect. These aren't contracted employees so colleges would be responsible for safety in ALL aspects of their experience. With the number of schools that are planning on doing fully online in the fall, it's hard to justify that you have all of these facilities open for sports. Just hard to compare it to the NFL because it's so much more difficult logistically.

But like I said, I don't disagree with Trevor. He makes a very valid point and it sucks for those guys that are put back into those situations, but you've got to hope you put your kids in a program that breeds success off the field and at home as well.