• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
67972865-0A01-4E9C-BD00-E2FF366AD8D6.png

Not sure if this guy is on the forums or not but weird timing if he isn’t

Tank

Hall of Famer
Hey guys. I posted here the other day as "MAGA Bob" and I told my story about how I was harassed, discriminated against, and IP banned (twice) by a moderator with a liberal, woke mob mentality over at steelernation.com. I started receiving some feedback as to how I should handle this situation when, much to my surprise, I saw that I was banned HERE due to "spam"?!?

I want to apologize to the management of this forum and its members if we got off on the wrong foot. My intention wasn't to post "spam". If my initial intentions weren't clear I do apologize.
“liberal, woke mob mentality”…….watch out, some of that around here as well, but easily ignored. lol

Welcome!

JAAM

Hall of Famer

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
Hey guys. I posted here the other day as "MAGA Bob" and I told my story about how I was harassed, discriminated against, and IP banned (twice) by a moderator with a liberal, woke mob mentality over at steelernation.com. I started receiving some feedback as to how I should handle this situation when, much to my surprise, I saw that I was banned HERE due to "spam"?!?

I want to apologize to the management of this forum and its members if we got off on the wrong foot. My intention wasn't to post "spam". If my initial intentions weren't clear I do apologize.

I for one am very glad you’re back!

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer

We just don’t talk about right vs left and liberal woke mob vs proud boys here. We get sidetracked and may discuss certain topics, but that’s not how we get down on these boards. From what I can tell, one of the reasons we all like to post here is because it’s one of the few places you can avoid that bullshit. I have no social media other than this, because that’s all social media is anymore.

Ballz Deep.

Practice Squad
I for one am very glad you’re back!
Thank you for the warm welcome cobrajet, tank, and Sizzle! Glad to be hear.

Is it fair to assume that the mod who initially banned me did so not because I banned any forum rule, but because that individual is "woke" and their agenda was to "cancel" me as a result of their wokeism? To that person, just because I don't support a confused little boy wanting to piss in the same bathroom as a girl doesn't make me a bad person!

Not even going to lie, I CANNOT WAIT for this loud and proud red wave that is a coming!

Ballz Deep.

Practice Squad
*** To anyone that missed my initial post as MAGA Bob as a result of our rogue, local mod trying to "cancel me" much like the liberal, far left is trying to cancel our American history, you can read my story below. Suggestions and/or feedback is always appreciated!

Hey everyone. To say that I'm looking forward to a fresh start here after my experience at another Steelers forum would be a complete understatement!

Up until recently, I was an active member at another Steelers forum. Unfortunately a liberal, "woke", whack job moderator, who appears to be allowed free reign there, would harass me on the daily and arbitrarily make up rules and apply them as he saw fit. If you were his cyber-buddy, you were allowed, IF NOT ENCOURAGED, to make personal attacks. If I were to respond to those personal attacks in kind, standby! That was a "rule violation", according to Sheriff Dipshit. At one point, this idiot even publicly stated that no one messes with [insert loser's buddy's name]. He also found EVERYTHING to be "racist". Just because I think Mike Tomlin is an over-rated cheerleader, apparently I feel this way because I'm "racist" (according to him). I sh*t you not ..

The site admin appears to be completely disengaged from the forum and solely there for the purpose of collecting the ad revenue. That's the only conclusion that I am able to reach based on his complete and total lack of inaction towards the obvious cherry-picking, harassment, and personal bias. To be clear, BLATANT personal bias!

I even had several members begin to message me, both in private and public, expressing their support and disagreeing with this rogue moderator's divisive actions and blatant abuse of power. Several of those messages were promptly deleted by this thug and his response was [paraphrasing] "yeah, well, this is how I do things. If you don't like it, take it up with the admin. I don't care". And once again, the site admin did nothing to right some VERY obvious wrongs!

Despite being IP banned elsewhere, I can still see the forum. You used to be able to register and get right in. Now all registrations require administrator approval. Which begs the question .. if the truth were on their side, why are they going to such great lengths to suppress it?

Glad to be here and part of this winning team! Hoping for a brighter tomorrow!

Ballz Deep.

Practice Squad
We just don’t talk about right vs left and liberal woke mob vs proud boys here. We get sidetracked and may discuss certain topics, but that’s not how we get down on these boards. From what I can tell, one of the reasons we all like to post here is because it’s one of the few places you can avoid that bullshit. I have no social media other than this, because that’s all social media is anymore.
That's not how you "get down", huh? So, if I understand correctly, you prefer a world that fosters a culture of limiting free speech and promoting censorship?

Gee .. wonder who he voted for.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
*** To anyone that missed my initial post as MAGA Bob as a result of our rogue, local mod trying to "cancel me" much like the liberal, far left is trying to cancel our American history, you can read my story below. Suggestions and/or feedback is always appreciated!

Hey everyone. To say that I'm looking forward to a fresh start here after my experience at another Steelers forum would be a complete understatement!

Up until recently, I was an active member at another Steelers forum. Unfortunately a liberal, "woke", whack job moderator, who appears to be allowed free reign there, would harass me on the daily and arbitrarily make up rules and apply them as he saw fit. If you were his cyber-buddy, you were allowed, IF NOT ENCOURAGED, to make personal attacks. If I were to respond to those personal attacks in kind, standby! That was a "rule violation", according to Sheriff Dipshit. At one point, this idiot even publicly stated that no one messes with [insert loser's buddy's name]. He also found EVERYTHING to be "racist". Just because I think Mike Tomlin is an over-rated cheerleader, apparently I feel this way because I'm "racist" (according to him). I sh*t you not ..

The site admin appears to be completely disengaged from the forum and solely there for the purpose of collecting the ad revenue. That's the only conclusion that I am able to reach based on his complete and total lack of inaction towards the obvious cherry-picking, harassment, and personal bias. To be clear, BLATANT personal bias!

I even had several members begin to message me, both in private and public, expressing their support and disagreeing with this rogue moderator's divisive actions and blatant abuse of power. Several of those messages were promptly deleted by this thug and his response was [paraphrasing] "yeah, well, this is how I do things. If you don't like it, take it up with the admin. I don't care". And once again, the site admin did nothing to right some VERY obvious wrongs!

Despite being IP banned elsewhere, I can still see the forum. You used to be able to register and get right in. Now all registrations require administrator approval. Which begs the question .. if the truth were on their side, why are they going to such great lengths to suppress it?

Glad to be here and part of this winning team! Hoping for a brighter tomorrow!
So I was confused the first time you posted this and now I'm even more confused...
1. Why were you on a Steelers forum to begin with, and why are you now on this forum?
2. I don't see where you said what the name of the forum was?
3. That's the thing about chat forums like these... there's really no oversight or like "Rules" per say. Like there's rules, but basically anybody with any sort of admin power can over-right them, change them, etc. It's not like there's a governing body to oversee these kinds of things.
So basically, if that's what that forum was, you're kind of shit out of luck. Best thing is just to recruit a bunch of those users to leave, the forum loses significant users, ad revenue declines, and it gets shut down eventually when everybody realizes its worthless.

There's good forums out there, and there's bad. Gotta realize that some (not all) but some of the moderators, admins, etc. that run these public chat boards are basically using it as the only thing they can control in their entire lives. They have power over nothing else, so they enjoy controlling content for a small group of people. Once you accept this, you'll realize how truly pathetic it is, and just seek to move on.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
That's not how you "get down", huh? So, if I understand correctly, you prefer a world that fosters a culture of limiting free speech and promoting censorship?

Well without going off on a world of tangents (which will likely get you banned here, also)...
I generally vote Republican (though not for Trump, because he's not one), and there's nothing about the first amendment that covers your right to say anything you want on online chat message boards. The first amendment covers government oversight, not private message boards run by football team groupies.

The reality is a single message board isn't the only place you can share your opinion, and the government hasn't created any laws that restrict your ability to use that forum to do so. BUT, every forum has rules. If you don't obey the rules, they'll block you. They have a legal right to block you, and they certainly have a moral obligation to do so.

I understand the frustration of being blocked because you simply say something somebody else doesn't like. But you don't have a constitutional right to do that on an online message board. It makes the person that blocked you a total douche and a pussy, but it doesn't mean your free speech rights were violated either.

Ballz Deep.

Practice Squad
So I was confused the first time you posted this and now I'm even more confused...
1. Why were you on a Steelers forum to begin with, and why are you now on this forum?
2. I don't see where you said what the name of the forum was?
3. That's the thing about chat forums like these... there's really no oversight or like "Rules" per say. Like there's rules, but basically anybody with any sort of admin power can over-right them, change them, etc. It's not like there's a governing body to oversee these kinds of things.
So basically, if that's what that forum was, you're kind of shit out of luck. Best thing is just to recruit a bunch of those users to leave, the forum loses significant users, ad revenue declines, and it gets shut down eventually when everybody realizes its worthless.

There's good forums out there, and there's bad. Gotta realize that some (not all) but some of the moderators, admins, etc. that run these public chat boards are basically using it as the only thing they can control in their entire lives. They have power over nothing else, so they enjoy controlling content for a small group of people. Once you accept this, you'll realize how truly pathetic it is, and just seek to move on.
Hi rmc,

Thanks for your response and questions.

I'm a Steelers fan and posted at steelernation.com prior to the crazed, woke lefties cancelling me (twice).

If you were one of the mod's cyber buddies and showed support for his liberal, woke agenda, you can say and do whatever you please (and this includes personal attacks on others). If you are on the "right" and call this stooge out for the douche that he is, standby! Those same attacks are considered "rule violations".

Because I think Mike Tomlin is an overrated cheerleader, I'm "racist", according to this moron. Also, the woke mod's best buddy on the forum is a dark skinned guy who likes to run his mouth (a lot). That's both condoned and supported. The moment you say something back to him, you're labeled a "racist" and issued a ban.

Ballz Deep.

Practice Squad
Well without going off on a world of tangents (which will likely get you banned here, also)...
I generally vote Republican (though not for Trump, because he's not one), and there's nothing about the first amendment that covers your right to say anything you want on online chat message boards. The first amendment covers government oversight, not private message boards run by football team groupies.

The reality is a single message board isn't the only place you can share your opinion, and the government hasn't created any laws that restrict your ability to use that forum to do so. BUT, every forum has rules. If you don't obey the rules, they'll block you. They have a legal right to block you, and they certainly have a moral obligation to do so.

I understand the frustration of being blocked because you simply say something somebody else doesn't like. But you don't have a constitutional right to do that on an online message board. It makes the person that blocked you a total douche and a pussy, but it doesn't mean your free speech rights were violated either.
This isn't about not being able to "obey the rules", this is about those rules not being applied consistently.

If person #1 calls you a dick and person #2 calls that person a dick back, should person #2 be the only one banned because the person making that decision happens to like and agree with person #1's personal beliefs?

That is what I experienced.

Not speaking for Joey here as I have no doubt he’ll speak for hisself soon but this is a place to discuss football. If all you want to do is push your political preference and vent about being treated unfairly there are places for that. I’m positive there are posters here on all sides of the political spectrum and we have all managed to get along for a few years now. So what I’m saying is talk football or continue your search for the right forum.