• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Because he didn't support open borders you reached the conclusion that this was indicative of him not having useful skills? I would think the majority with any ounce of critical thinking skills would not support our current administration's border policies. Not supporting the idiocy of what is currently occurring in no way suggests that one is without values or morals. As a country, we should demand border security.

And I have to ask, assuming that your argument is that you make good money and are untouched by inflation, what type of truck do you think you are going to by in the year 2022 for $50-60k? I'm assuming a used one or one with zero bells or whistles? Maybe a base model Tacoma? I spent almost $78k on my truck last year and it wasn't even the top model.
No actually I reached that conclusion from about a dozen of his other posts. Pretty clear that he's not an actual Conservative/Republican, but basically just regurgitates whatever the Oompa Loompa or Q tell him to do in their weekly kool-aid sessions.

In terms of Trucks, really just depends on what you need. I can basically get a Silverado 1500 Crew Cab built for me for about $50K. Not sure what kinds of "bells and whistles" you're referring to, because there's literally hundreds of things you can upgrade on a vehicle, and most of which is useless. I don't need titanium floor liners or 360 degree camera views.

I haven't looked at other models besides Titans (which is what I currently drive), but I would suspect Ford, Toyota and Dodge would be similarly priced to Chevy's, based on historical comps. Sure, if I wanted an all-terrain truck that's been suspension lifted with KC headlights on it, or if I want a Diesel that's used primarily for hauling farm equipment, I'd imagine it would cost me $70-80K or more. Not what I'm looking for though.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Was the slur that he used deleted? I only ask because I didn't see a slur.
I wouldn't categorize it as a "slur" per say. He basically made a comment about "allblackraven", the user, implying that he wasn't surprised he got called a dickhead by a black person.
Most people just found it funny because he was dumb enough to think "allblackraven" had anything to do with the race of the user, as opposed to that users preference for the Ravens wearing all black uniforms.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Yeah. I don't know. I have many friends that are real Republicans and they think the state of affairs with this current administration is absolutely appalling. I wouldn't suggest that people who feel this way are Trumptards or Q, or whatever. It's a total shit show and, IMO, completely understandable that many have had enough.

10-4 on the trucks. I was just confused as I haven't seen a truck in the $50-60k range in the past couple of years. Maybe a base model Tacoma or Ranger, but nothing top shelf by any means.
I don't disagree. There's plenty to not like about status quo, especially economically. But Trump just totally whiffed badly on so many policies, and you can tell who the "believers" are from the non-believers, in terms of the crap they regurgitate out here every day. People had to deal with four years of Trump's lunacy, lies, and non-sensical takes on everything, and I'm supposed to be sympathetic to somebody who can't stand 18 months of Biden, who's pretty damn moderate in the grand scheme of things? There's plenty to not like, but these people thinking its the end of times really need to look at some of the things that were done in the last 4-5 years and ask "what the fuck were they thinking", because its very much connected.

In terms of immigration, I'll be the first person to tell you that people living in any Country without paying taxes is pretty much a recipe for disaster no matter how you break it down. That being said...
Agriculture
Infrastructure

Two gigantic industries that this Country depends on, and two that are very much dependent on very cheap labor, and in many cases, illegal immigrants working as very cheap labor, to succeed. Also two industries that are heavily invested in, owned, and operated, by largely Republican-backed people.

Farmers in this Country basically have zero shot at making any reasonable amount of money whatsoever if they're paying laborers $20+/hour. Especially true on a Democratic-led legislature, who's always been in favor of reducing farming subsidies and fucking over farmers at any chance they get. So unless the Government starts to allow Farmers to charge whatever prices they want for food (which will, of course, increase consumers costs), it'd be a death blow.

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
Stupid ESPN

With all the injuries we were top AFC seed after 11 games last season.
I can't wait for our boys to shut all these pricks up.
I just hope we stay health this year. I have no doubt we can kick ass if we remain at full strength.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Got it. I thought he was banned for having used a slur. So he was just basically banned for being a Steelers fan and because he responded to those who were calling him names. Seems a bit excessive to me, but not my house or rules.
I would have banned him just for being a Steelers fan who came on a Ravens forum and has yet to have one single discussion about the Ravens after like 20 posts. Pretty clear he had no intention of coming here to do anything other than complain about his old site, troll this one, and complain about liberal politics.

There's only like 5 dozen other social media platforms that would not only allow him to make these comments, but would also welcome his opinions and vitriol as "gospel" and praise him for it.

I'm just not sure why he's terrified of those.

And if people think that's excessive or hypocritical, that's just tough shit. He can pick up his ball and go home.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
I wouldn't categorize it as a "slur" per say. He basically made a comment about "allblackraven", the user, implying that he wasn't surprised he got called a dickhead by a black person.
Most people just found it funny because he was dumb enough to think "allblackraven" had anything to do with the race of the user, as opposed to that users preference for the Ravens wearing all black uniforms.
I do prefer Ravens black gear but the name refers to NZ All Blacks, as others pointed out.

I'm also pretty sure you are replying to MAGABallzDeep. How many times have you seen a new member jump straight into conversation?
Random Thought thread, too, which isn't particularly easy to find.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Do you consider Sleepy a moderate? He's more left than center, IMO. And that aside, he's an absolute senile moron.

Whether you personally like him or not, the country, overall, was FAR better under Trump. I'll take his weekly mean tweets if in return my 401k is soaring, we are energy independent, have border security, and are actually feared by our enemies.
More left than center? Sure. A left-winged liberal radical? No.

I don't know about "far" better off. Better off probably. Covid and the abysmal way that he handled it certainly puts a damper on things. Especially true when you consider how badly he botched the economic impact of such.
For the others:
1. I certainly enjoy heavy 401K growth, but that's also not really a great barometer of a booming economy either.
2. Energy dependence is sort of the flavor of the week, but its really just all part of a macroeconomic circle that was quite predictable. It's certainly not just a US problem, given that both our allies and foes around the globe think $5 is cheap for a gallon of oil compared to what they pay.
3. Depends on what "enemies" you're emphasizing. Obviously Russia wasn't a problem, because Trump had his lips firmly pressed on Putin's ass for about a decade straight, so no reason for Putin to be afraid of us, because he didn't view as an enemy.
China certainly didn't fear us (nor haven't in awhile), but the ratio has basically flipped between the two countries since then.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
I do prefer Ravens black gear but the name refers to NZ All Blacks, as others pointed out.

I'm also pretty sure you are replying to MAGABallzDeep. How many times have you seen a new member jump straight into conversation?
Random Thought thread, too, which isn't particularly easy to find.
You're ruining the lead up...

(don't you think I knew this from like the very first post?)

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Fry GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Our new friend with his three accounts

D1EC2181-8802-427F-88EF-85E422F544EC.jpeg

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Got it. I thought he was banned for having used a slur. So he was just basically banned for being a Steelers fan and because he responded to those who were calling him names. Seems a bit excessive to me, but not my house or rules.
More likely he was banned for being a trolling dickbag with no intentions of talking about the ravens or even football for that matter