• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Now that the draft has concluded (UDFA pending), what I say now is extremely contingent on health/availability. Brother @JAAM , our next #SIIE is simple: #MVPSZN2023. Even if he doesn't win it, he needs to be in the conversation.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
There are sufficiently many season ending injuries at the combine its getting hard to justify it
For years, I become more and more convinced that the combine is unnecessary. I mean.....are we really supposed to be swayed by dudes running in athletic clothing when there's tape of actual game film? Also, is Pro Day essentially a mini combine any way?

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
For years, I become more and more convinced that the combine is unnecessary. I mean.....are we really supposed to be swayed by dudes running in athletic clothing when there's tape of actual game film? Also, is Pro Day essentially a mini combine any way?
Even those seem unnecessary.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Now that the draft has concluded (UDFA pending), what I say now is extremely contingent on health/availability. Brother @JAAM , our next #SIIE is simple: #MVPSZN2023. Even if he doesn't win it, he needs to be in the conversation.

With the additions and how last year started I don't see a reason why not. The backs should be healthy as well as the wrs. I'd sacrifice my acls if the team could stay as healthy as they did in 19.

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
the draft was AMAZING. I plan to write up more later, but I had the time of my life. Went to all 3 days, and the NFL blasted my expectations. So many pop ups events and showcases, they had every Super Bowl ring, player lockers, 40 yard dash, free crown royal, free pizza and all the bbq in the world. Entry to the draft is free too, and we snuck wine bags under our jackets. Please please make it if you ever get the chance.

Today I had an extra great day, waited about 45 minutes to do this precision passing expierence. The post draft show actually got called off for a tornado warning (crazy!) so mind you at this time, winds were insane. The event is as below, and I saw maybe 2-3 people make 2/3 on the deep precession event (out of maybe 150 guests). My two friends both went 0/3, but I went 2/3!! Everyone went crazy and it felt really cool.

For reference, I’d say the deep target was about 30 yards down field, and winds were 20 mph blowing things over. You really had to drive the ball, and only little kids attempted anything but the deep target. I know the moment is so stupid, but this is the one place I can feel okay bragging about it.

ABEF4381-8406-445B-8524-A7168A77AF85.jpeg

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
Last thing, at regular nfl games, half people are friends, half are little kids/ business partners / signif others who kinda care or just people who got free tickets

The people at the nfl draft, are watching the fucking nfl draft. REAL FANS for sure. The mother fuckers who stayed for round 7? Oh they know there stuff. Always fun to be surrounded by competent fans.

Everyone ravens fan or not was high fiving me with congrats on the day lamar signed, as I wore his jersey. Great time for that news

Nurps

Ravens Ring of Honor
Last thing, at regular nfl games, half people are friends, half are little kids/ business partners / signif others who kinda care or just people who got free tickets

The people at the nfl draft, are watching the fucking nfl draft. REAL FANS for sure. The mother fuckers who stayed for round 7? Oh they know there stuff. Always fun to be surrounded by competent fans.

Everyone ravens fan or not was high fiving me with congrats on the day lamar signed, as I wore his jersey. Great time for that news
That’s awesome dude. Super happy for you having such a great experience!

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor

Did you let them know you are a good forum buddy of his dad?

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
Until we sign Rock or Marcus, and I will even throw Kyle Fuller in there because IMO we should pick up at least two veteran CB’s do to our injury history, I am sweating a little. It is still a really huge hole for our defense.

QtR Nevermore

Pro Bowler
Until we sign Rock or Marcus, and I will even throw Kyle Fuller in there because IMO we should pick up at least two veteran CB’s do to our injury history, I am sweating a little. It is still a really huge hole for our defense.
Definitely, but EDC all but said they were bringing a vet corner in, so I wouldn't worry too much or get so desperate that we consider re-signing Fuller, who's old and coming off an injury.

If we're going that route, at least do it for someone who was great at their peak and looked to be improving as the season went on last year in Peters.

So outside of Flowers this is the least excited I've been about a draft class although I guess Roquan counts as part of our haul. I just really want these guys to be good, we need more stability at the positions we picked.