• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

Sooky

Pro Bowler
Side note: I will say I think we all have been underrating Zac Taylor and the media has been way overhyping Burrow. Browning looks even better than Burrow in the few games he’s played. (No this does not mean I say he should be the starter moving forward)

Tank

Hall of Famer
Side note: I will say I think we all have been underrating Zac Taylor and the media has been way overhyping Burrow. Browning looks even better than Burrow in the few games he’s played. (No this does not mean I say he should be the starter moving forward)
Browning looks in control on the field.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
Browning looks better than injured Burrow which makes it all the stranger that they started Burrow when he was injured at the start of the year. If they had simply rested Burrow, they probably had at least the same record and they would have an actual chance right now instead of having their ceiling being, "maybe make the playoffs and steal a win in the WC round".

Tank

Hall of Famer
Browning looks better than injured Burrow which makes it all the stranger that they started Burrow when he was injured at the start of the year. If they had simply rested Burrow, they probably had at least the same record and they would have an actual chance right now instead of having their ceiling being, "maybe make the playoffs and steal a win in the WC round".
The pre season injury was a calf and regular season is his hand?

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Crazy that the North may have all four teams make the playoffs with Trubisky, Browning, and Flacco leading our rivals.
I'll take the under at 2.5 teams. I don't see Pittsburgh or Cincinnati making the playoffs. They'd have to go 3-1 down the stretch each to even have a chance.

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
I tried to tell everyone

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'll take the under at 2.5 teams. I don't see Pittsburgh or Cincinnati making the playoffs. They'd have to go 3-1 down the stretch each to even have a chance.
I think Pitt will miss out, but I like Cinci’s schedule. Browning has played well behind some smart playing from the coaching staff

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
The pre season injury was a calf and regular season is his hand?
Considering his hand/wrist was hurt before the game, I don’t think it is a stretch to say if he parked his butt on the bench for their 6 games until their bye, he is probably not going into that Ravens game hurt because he hasn’t taken those hits because he had no mobility.

The Bengals closed their own Super Bowl window this year on a whimper. The Ravens are going to have some sizable turnover this year but at least they are contenders in the meantime.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Considering his hand/wrist was hurt before the game, I don’t think it is a stretch to say if he parked his butt on the bench for their 6 games until their bye, he is probably not going into that Ravens game hurt because he hasn’t taken those hits because he had no mobility.

The Bengals closed their own Super Bowl window this year on a whimper. The Ravens are going to have some sizable turnover this year but at least they are contenders in the meantime.
I think it's a stretch. "Mobility" doesn't mean you avoid getting hit. Lamar has as much mobility as any QB in the league, and he gets hit a ton. Both in and out of the pocket.

There's no ability to sell the idea that his wrist wouldn't have been hurt if he sat two months prior to that. That largely defies physics.

The argument for him sitting earlier in the season is that Browning, maybe, gave them a better chance to win, so they'd have a better record now than what they have. Maybe they don't get trounced by Tennessee if Browning is QB vs Burrow.

In reality though, its kind of a moot point. I like what Browning has done the last two weeks, but I think a month from now we'll have a different viewpoint. Josh Dobbs looks great in spurts too. So does Gardiner Minshew. There's regression coming, like every backup QB sees, and we'll see where the mean is at that point.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Yeah players decided to be lazy and want to have less practice, and I think this has done more to hurt the quality of the game more than anything else.

The lack of contact practice definitely shows itself on Sunday, that said, the prevalence of gimmick blocking schemes in college passing games is another huge aspect in the lack of OL talent in the league, it’s been a growing problem they aren’t developing beyond the initial pass set until they reach the league

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
I think it's a stretch. "Mobility" doesn't mean you avoid getting hit. Lamar has as much mobility as any QB in the league, and he gets hit a ton. Both in and out of the pocket.

There's no ability to sell the idea that his wrist wouldn't have been hurt if he sat two months prior to that. That largely defies physics.

The argument for him sitting earlier in the season is that Browning, maybe, gave them a better chance to win, so they'd have a better record now than what they have. Maybe they don't get trounced by Tennessee if Browning is QB vs Burrow.

In reality though, its kind of a moot point. I like what Browning has done the last two weeks, but I think a month from now we'll have a different viewpoint. Josh Dobbs looks great in spurts too. So does Gardiner Minshew. There's regression coming, like every backup QB sees, and we'll see where the mean is at that point.
Lamar gets hit a lot because he runs a lot and that kind of goes hand in hand. Burrow was getting hit more this year than any year since his rookie year. The reason being he was a statue who either immediately threw short or got hit because he could not roll out. Having kept up with a lot of Bengals games (they made me good money the past couple years), their gameplan was basically to rely on Burrow rolling out because his line was awful and completing a throw.

Browning is better than injured Burrow. I do not think that is a stretch to say because injured Burrow was one of the worst QBs in football. At worst they are exactly the same going into the bye and instead of having a banged up Burrow who can move after the bye, they have a healthy QB after the bye. I am not trying to say Browning is good. I think Browning is far more likely Josh Dobbs than Brock Purdy. However that still should have been enough to have gotten you above water going into the bye.

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor

Let’s just be careful not to lose to any of our AFCN friends, we may very well get to play them with their backup in the playoffs

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor

I’m glad they won’t be getting a top 5 pick, was worried for a second

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
Our quest for the 1 seed has truly gotten every help item we’ve needed the last 2 weeks, we seriously have a good shot at getting this 1 seed

Corvus Purpura

Practice Squad
If we go 3-1 over the final 4 games, the Ravens will have the number 1 seed, provided that one loss isn't to Miami. That game is effectively for the 1 seed.

Corvus Purpura

Practice Squad
Mahomes, who benefitted just last week from a 15 yard penalty that shouldn't have been called - and whom I've seen whine for a flag when he's been lightly touched - goes off about a clear penalty being called. Nice.

Interestingly, Mahomes with a great tight end but no receivers has a worse record than Lamar in the same situation.

Tank

Hall of Famer
Mahomes, who benefitted just last week from a 15 yard penalty that shouldn't have been called - and whom I've seen whine for a flag when he's been lightly touched - goes off about a clear penalty being called. Nice.

Interestingly, Mahomes with a great tight end but no receivers has a worse record than Lamar in the same situation.
Yeah, I get he's pissed because it had no effect on the play, but TDs get called back all the time on other penalties have no effect on the play.

Gotta ask...… You don't think we have any receivers?