• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

Corvus Purpura

Practice Squad
Yeah, I get he's pissed because it had no effect on the play, but TDs get called back all the time on other penalties have no effect on the play.

Gotta ask...… You don't think we have any receivers?
This year, absolutely. I'm referring to past years.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Joe Flacco by rule has to revert back to the practice squad even though he wants to stay in Cleveland. Quick poach him off their practice squad!

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
The Cowboys have drafted incredibly well and gotten incredible value from their trades.

I was a bit surprised the Ravens didn't try to trade for Stephon Gillmore given how hard they went for Slay. He went for essentially peanuts.

He's having an incredible year and he has been a huge boon to that secondary that looks pretty scary.

Simba

Staff Member
The Cowboys have drafted incredibly well and gotten incredible value from their trades.

I was a bit surprised the Ravens didn't try to trade for Stephon Gillmore given how hard they went for Slay. He went for essentially peanuts.

He's having an incredible year and he has been a huge boon to that secondary that looks pretty scary.
And Dak playing at a high level currently. There were always moments of it but he’s put it together consistently this year.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
And Dak playing at a high level currently. There were always moments of it but he’s put it together consistently this year.
I think Dak wins MVP this year. He's been on an absolute tear over the last like eight, nine games and as Ravens fans know- MVPs are won on the back half.

If he keeps this up, it's hard to argue against him.

Simba

Staff Member
I think Dak wins MVP this year. He's been on an absolute tear over the last like eight, nine games and as Ravens fans know- MVPs are won on the back half.

If he keeps this up, it's hard to argue against him.
Fully agreed as of now. Hard to argue that he isn't doing the most for this team right now currently too. Middling middle of the pack team with his past self but they're a juggernaut when he's on.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

I believe it had a lot to do with draft picks, considering we only had 5 picks going into the draft. It would have been a great move though.

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
what did he say
He’s been hating hardcore for a while now, you can tell he’s visibly bothered by always having lost to the Lamar Ravens on both the 49ers, Bucs and Seahawks.

He just says we can only win on script, can’t come from behind, rely on special teams, beat a bottom 5 Rams roster, inconsistent every week…There is not one single team that doesn’t have some of the same faults he’s levied on us, i guess the 49ers losing to pj Walker and Josh Dobbs doesn’t count

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
what did he say
He also said no way is Lamar mvp with only 13 TDs. And he said Lamar had 50 TDs in 2019 which also wasn’t true. I will say Lamar’s TDs seem a lot lower than they feel, it feels like he’s approaching 30 but he only has about 21 total I think

Tank

Hall of Famer
Thoughts on this statement.

Out of our 13 games, the top 3 teams we've played are Cleveland, LA Rams, and Houston.
You play the teams that are on your schedule, and obviously we learn much more in the next 3 weeks.

Regardless of the outcome though, just need to be on the upswing come January when the real season begins.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
You play the teams that are on your schedule, and obviously we learn much more in the next 3 weeks.

Regardless of the outcome though, just need to be on the upswing come January when the real season begins.
I don't disagree with either of those 2 thoughts but they were not related to my statement lmao.

Edit: Let me be clear. I'm just saying independent of record, I think these were the best teams we've played.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
I believe it had a lot to do with draft picks, considering we only had 5 picks going into the draft. It would have been a great move though.
I just couldn't imagine thinking a fifth round pick would offer more than Gilmore if you really are trying hard to make an active improvement to the secondary.

Simba

Staff Member
I just couldn't imagine thinking a fifth round pick would offer more than Gilmore if you really are trying hard to make an active improvement to the secondary.
Guessing salary played a part. Almost $11M cap hit this year with an uncertain Lamar at the time he was dealt. Because you're right - Gilmore is the exact type of guy we'd typically go after.