• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I know Monken’s system worked okay for the running game. Wasn’t nearly as dominant as with Roman, but could you imagine if the Ravens had Henry during the Roman tenure? Probably wouldn’t of changed the playoff outcome from previous years, but the regular season would’ve been fun as hell to watch.
that depends. Probably would have beaten the Titans in 2019 because they woudn't have had Henry.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
That's understandable but this is also Likely third year in the NFL. How long will he be willing to be just the back up tight end if he feels like he's demonstrated that he's worth being a starting tight end? He's not going to always be on the field as the team will still most likely be using Ricard for blocking purposes. It's just something I thought about as the draft approaches because if he can potentially be used to help this team draft a potential starting offensive tackle/ guard in the second or third round then I don't know if that's something to just turn a blind eye to.
Put it like this. Let's revisit this discussion at the end of this coming season. Let's see how much Likely is utilized throughout the season.

QtR Nevermore

Pro Bowler
That's understandable but this is also Likely third year in the NFL. How long will he be willing to be just the back up tight end if he feels like he's demonstrated that he's worth being a starting tight end? He's not going to always be on the field as the team will still most likely be using Ricard for blocking purposes. It's just something I thought about as the draft approaches because if he can potentially be used to help this team draft a potential starting offensive tackle/ guard in the second or third round then I don't know if that's something to just turn a blind eye to.
I've been worried about this possibility. I don't like the idea at all. Trading away Likely would leave us thin enough at pass catcher that we'd likely have to use whatver pick we get on a WR or TE to try to replace him, if Monken's offense is to function correctly.

Sooky

Pro Bowler
After rewatching Hamilton highlights and the retirement of Aaron Donald opening up the question “who is the current best defensive player in the league?”, Hamilton may be top 5-10 defensive player in the league, only thing I think can keep him out of that conversation is how safety is viewed as a less valuable position.

You have Chris Jones who’s the best DT now that Donald is gone, Garrett who was rightfully the DPOY, TJ Watt who’s the best true OLB, and Nick Bosa, Micah Parsons, and then the never ending discussion of the best CBs in the league.

I really think Hamilton can be considered a top 5 defensive player next year. I really haven’t seen a player jump off the screen more last year than him.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
After rewatching Hamilton highlights and the retirement of Aaron Donald opening up the question “who is the current best defensive player in the league?”, Hamilton may be top 5-10 defensive player in the league, only thing I think can keep him out of that conversation is how safety is viewed as a less valuable position.

You have Chris Jones who’s the best DT now that Donald is gone, Garrett who was rightfully the DPOY, TJ Watt who’s the best true OLB, and Nick Bosa, Micah Parsons, and then the never ending discussion of the best CBs in the league.

I really think Hamilton can be considered a top 5 defensive player next year. I really haven’t seen a player jump off the screen more last year than him.
I’d say it’s probably watt until someone can be as much of a game wrecker as he’s been for as long as he’s been

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Basketball is dumb... the whole concept late in games is committing fouls to stop the clock. I also see the dumbest things being called a foul. A guy running up to the basket can just run into a guy but the guy who gets run into is the one fouled. That's like penalizing a DB for running into a WR who just stops running his route.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Well a) if the Ravens could trade him for a day 2 pick, they'd do it in a second. The problem is nobody will offer that and b) it really doesn't matter how long Likely is willing to be a reserve TE. He's got two years left on his rookie deal. He can be a FA after and be the #1 TE for somebody else at that point.

Michael M.

Pro Bowler
Well a) if the Ravens could trade him for a day 2 pick, they'd do it in a second. The problem is nobody will offer that and b) it really doesn't matter how long Likely is willing to be a reserve TE. He's got two years left on his rookie deal. He can be a FA after and be the #1 TE for somebody else at that point.
He sure was good to have when Andrews was out for a lengthy period of time

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Honestly I don’t ever feel good about a ravens team that steamrolls the regular season. I guess being a ravens fan I just have an underdog complex in my dna lol
For me, I know we have to do well in the regular season to make the playoffs but this year is all about whether we can finally get over the hump and win a Super Bowl with Lamar. Cool if Lamar and Henry break a bunch of ankles during the regular season, Henry stiff arms dudes into the inner harbor to never be heard of again. It's about what we do in the postseason, can we stop beating ourselves and run the ball like the team we are built to be when it matters most? We didn't sign Derrick Henry just to give him 4 carries in the AFC Championship Game and we let the Chiefs off the hook again.... right? Lamar can be MVP, put up all the stats he wants, lead the league in TDs, etc. We've seen it, been there, done that. Now it's a matter of getting to the Super Bowl and winning.

See everyone in New Orleans in February.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
He sure was good to have when Andrews was out for a lengthy period of time
I agree. Just saying I don't see teams giving up day 2 picks for our backups.

I look at what better receivers are getting traded for now, and I think trading Likely is like a 5th or 6th round pick level move. Which is why it won't happen.