• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Future Ravens in the HOF

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
Besides the obvious guys like Reed and Lewis, list some players or reasons for some of our guys in the HOF.
I have Yanda and Tucker making it. I love Suggs but I personally don't think he has the numbers.

K-Dog

MVP
Yanda stands a good chance.
Tucker at this point no.
However, give him a few more years at this rate and that likly will change.

Sizzle maybe but I doubt it. Same with Doom.
Steve Smith is likly.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
I know it's very early, but I'll say Stanley and Mosley may make a case in the next 10 years or so. I don't know if I'll actually have such high expectations for their careers, but it's the off season and I'm bored.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Besides the obvious guys like Reed and Lewis, list some players or reasons for some of our guys in the HOF.
I have Yanda and Tucker making it. I love Suggs but I personally don't think he has the numbers.
100 sack list, a dpoy award, several great season, a super bowl ring. He's not a first ballot guy but I could see him making it at some point.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I love Yanda and Tucker just as much as the next guy, but there are so many ol from the 80s that deserve to be in that haven't made it into the hall yet. Tucker is hof worthy, but how many special teams guys are in the hall

Truth

Staff Member
Administrator
I love Yanda and Tucker just as much as the next guy, but there are so many ol from the 80s that deserve to be in that haven't made it into the hall yet. Tucker is hof worthy, but how many special teams guys are in the hall
True, but that's a perpetual cycle. If we're talking about making it into the HoF at any point, decades from now, each potential candidate will be in the same exact category as the players from the 80s.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
If yanda played for the patriots he would be first ballot easily, however i still thinks he gets in.
So...
Yanda
Suggs
Tucker.... thats really about it

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
I know it's very early, but I'll say Stanley and Mosley may make a case in the next 10 years or so. I don't know if I'll actually have such high expectations for their careers, but it's the off season and I'm bored.
Mosley isnt imapctful enough. Idk about stanley though

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
To get into the Hall, you need to continually be the best player in the league at your position.

Is Yanda that? Absolutely.

Tucker should be in at the rate he's going.

Unpopular, but if Joe won another ring or twpoand kept up this postseason play, you'd have to put him in.

Not sure Suggs makes it. Too inconsistent year to year.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
To get into the Hall, you need to continually be the best player in the league at your position.

Unpopular, but if Joe won another ring or twpoand kept up this postseason play, you'd have to put him in.

If Joe wins two more rings and still plays as a strong playoff performer that we all know him to be (for some reason he can't play like that all the time), then he's basically a lock. He's historically a very successful QB in the postseasn and three rings where he was an integral part of each team makes it hard for the hall to pass on.

Sadly, I don't see two more rings in our future. One more ring is a legit possibility though.

Truth

Staff Member
Administrator

I would wager that you have to be one of the best, but not necessarily always the best to have a chance to be enshrined eventually. You look at a player like Cris Carter, who played in the same era as Jerry Rice and Tim Brown. Carter never once finished better than 7th in receiving yards. In 16 seasons, he led the league in receptions once, three times in TDs. The QB situation wasn't always in the best. Carter had Rich Gannon, who struggled prior to his Oakland years, Warren Moon in his late 30s gave one impressive season, and Brad Johnson, who was solid but not spectacular. That being said, Carter was consistently great, but I doubt that he was viewed as the unquestioned best during any stretch of his career. That being said, he was nominated almost immediately. I personally feel that consistently being in the Top 3-5 is normally enough to get in eventually. It doesn't hurt to have an individual award and/or a ring obviously.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
I would wager that you have to be one of the best, but not necessarily always the best to have a chance to be enshrined eventually. You look at a player like Cris Carter, who played in the same era as Jerry Rice and Tim Brown. Carter never once finished better than 7th in receiving yards. In 16 seasons, he led the league in receptions once, three times in TDs. The QB situation wasn't always in the best. Carter had Rich Gannon, who struggled prior to his Oakland years, Warren Moon in his late 30s gave one impressive season, and Brad Johnson, who was solid but not spectacular. That being said, Carter was consistently great, but I doubt that he was viewed as the unquestioned best during any stretch of his career. That being said, he was nominated almost immediately. I personally feel that consistently being in the Top 3-5 is normally enough to get in eventually. It doesn't hurt to have an individual award and/or a ring obviously.
Well, yeah, I was thinking as I was typing of Manning, Brees, Rodgers, and Brady all playing together. Is one the unquestioned best? In my opinion, it's Manning, but you'll get people on every single side of that argument.

But I mean, they're all four first ballot players.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Unfortunately I agree with what you are saying and in my opinion it is not right. I'm not sayin my what you are saying isn't right. I'm saying it shouldn't be that way.

I just don't think the HOF voters are evaluating everything correctly from some of these players. Meaning, how were they based on thr offenses that they were in, the divisions that they were in, the defenses that they played against, the qbs that through them the ball. Lynn Swann should not be in the HOF. Too short of a career, Joe Namath shouldn't be in the HOF, he had 4 or 5 good years the rest were below average to average. I could go on and on.

Bill Parcells once said that Art Monk should go to the HOF downhill and on rollerscates, yet look how long it took him to get into the HOF. Art Monk left the game with the most receptions at the time. He played with the Posse which had three 1000 yard receivers in the 80s In two or three seasons on teams that was known for running the ball against the toughest division in football. Many people believe that due to Art Monk not tooting his own horn and not speaking to the media much was a big reason it took him so long. The hogs have one player in the HOF. Tell me in what world Joe Jacoby shouldn't be in the HOF.
Stabler is one of the most clutch qbs of his time and his record in the playoffs was amazing for its time. If it wasn't for the immaculate deception he would have two super bowl wins, yet he had to pass away to get to the hall.
I guess I'm just saying the hall of fame is a crock of shit, imo.

Last edited:

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor

I think he's got a good shot at going in but he probally go in as a Panther. By then that GM that got rid of him will be gone more than likely so they can patch things up.

Other than Ray and Ed who are locks Yanda most certainly should go in. Tucker maybe but he's got to do 10-12 more yrs of exceptional kicking. Suggs would be borderline especially if he racks up double digit sacks for the next couple yrs

ThatsMyJoeTerback

Ravens Ring of Honor
I think he's got a good shot at going in but he probally go in as a Panther. By then that GM that got rid of him will be gone more than likely so they can patch things up.

Other than Ray and Ed who are locks Yanda most certainly should go in. Tucker maybe but he's got to do 10-12 more yrs of exceptional kicking. Suggs would be borderline especially if he racks up double digit sacks for the next couple yrs
You have to go in with a certain team? Why can't SSS go in as a Raven and a Panther?

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
You have to go in with a certain team? Why can't SSS go in as a Raven and a Panther?

Just the way it is. His stats and what teams he played for will be listed tho in the biography. Rod Woodson went in as a Steeler and Shannon Sharpe went in as a Bronco.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
You don't go in with a certain team. Atleast that is my understanding.

Is a New Hall of Fame Member Enshrined as a Member of a Team? - See more at: http://www.profootballhof.com/hof/SelectionProcessFAQ.aspx#sthash.sB2VPVy1.dpuf

Obviously, teams take great pride in the accomplishments of individuals who have been a part of their organization. Often individual teams and even the Hall of Fame will list enshrinees according to the team or teams on which they spent a significant period of time. An enshrinee, however, is not asked to “declare,” nor does the Hall of Fame “choose” a team under which a new member is enshrined. When elected to the Pro Football Hall of Fame, an individual is recognized for his accomplishments as a player, coach, or contributor.

Well according to this I guess I was wrong.

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
My thing is, Yanda has amazing praise and he for sure deserves it more than any player on the team in my opinion. Over a decade, you can consider him the best guard for more than half of those years. He has a ring which helps, plus so far 6 pro bowls (in a row) and 5 all pros. He is only 32 so I think he has atleast 3 more great seasons in store and maybe one decent one. I believe he might wait a while but will get in with 10 years. To be honest, I really don't see Suggs getting in the Hall as much as I love him. He was an amazing player, but his low amount of sacks won't help. Look at the guys who will go in around the same time as him; Jared Allen, Peppers, Mathis, Ware, Abraham, Freeny, all have more sacks then him. It will sure be tough and maybe far down the road, but i don't think soon. Now Tucker, if he can keep it up I think he retires as the GOAT. You have to put a guy like him and Adam V in the hall, they changed the game at a position. Tucker is a weapon as a kicker, not just a roster spot. He can end teams from half way across the field. I think that will put him over the top.