• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Media Mock Central

Old Bay

Veteran
https://bleacherreport.com/articles...ck-draft-tua-tagovailoa-tumbles-out-of-top-10

1213531383.jpg.0.jpg

"28. Baltimore Ravens

1. The Pick: S Jeremy Chinn, Southern Illinois

The Baltimore Ravens released Tony Jefferson in February after three seasons. The strong safety played in only five games last year thanks to a torn ACL, which allowed Chuck Clark to assume the role.

Jeremy Chinn's slotting here doesn't necessarily reflect on Clark. As with other safeties slotted in this first-round mock, the Southern Illinois product adds far more than playing a specific role.

"I have a cornerback background, but I have the size to play linebacker, and obviously, I play safety," he said at the Senior Bowl, per the Indianapolis Star's Joel A. Erickson. "I can play three positions on the football field."

The possibility of the 6'3", 221-pound Chinn at linebacker in certain packages is an interesting possibility for the Ravens, who need to become more athletic along their second line of defense.

Baltimore can be forward-thinking in its approach to defensive deployment and utilize the small-school product in a variety of manners."
Can't say I'm a fan of this selection.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
https://bleacherreport.com/articles...ck-draft-tua-tagovailoa-tumbles-out-of-top-10

1213531383.jpg.0.jpg

"28. Baltimore Ravens

1. The Pick: S Jeremy Chinn, Southern Illinois

The Baltimore Ravens released Tony Jefferson in February after three seasons. The strong safety played in only five games last year thanks to a torn ACL, which allowed Chuck Clark to assume the role.

Jeremy Chinn's slotting here doesn't necessarily reflect on Clark. As with other safeties slotted in this first-round mock, the Southern Illinois product adds far more than playing a specific role.

"I have a cornerback background, but I have the size to play linebacker, and obviously, I play safety," he said at the Senior Bowl, per the Indianapolis Star's Joel A. Erickson. "I can play three positions on the football field."

The possibility of the 6'3", 221-pound Chinn at linebacker in certain packages is an interesting possibility for the Ravens, who need to become more athletic along their second line of defense.

Baltimore can be forward-thinking in its approach to defensive deployment and utilize the small-school product in a variety of manners."
Can't say I'm a fan of this selection.

it forgets that we have 2 1st team all-pro corners and one of the best safety tandems in the league with one of the best slots in the league and also one of the best backup outside corners in the league...

also the fact that when we're in dime we dont need/want a 3rd safety to come and play LB, that's partly what makes chuck so good, that he can drop down into that role in those sub-packages while also being a potential deep safety

i dont hate safety at 28 (if it's xavier mckinney) but i wouldnt want jeremy chinn there - they could have literally picked any team to put him on before us...

Old Bay

Veteran
it forgets that we have 2 1st team all-pro corners and one of the best safety tandems in the league with one of the best slots in the league and also one of the best backup outside corners in the league...

also the fact that when we're in dime we dont need/want a 3rd safety to come and play LB, that's partly what makes chuck so good, that he can drop down into that role in those sub-packages while also being a potential deep safety

i dont hate safety at 28 (if it's xavier mckinney) but i wouldnt want jeremy chinn there - they could have literally picked any team to put him on before us...

I knew they'd give the Ravens a weird pick when I saw they mocked a 1st round WR to Tampa Bay.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer

Jeez Louise. I sure hope it doesn't go like that. That board looks absolutely ravaged especially at receiver. That's 8 in the first round. That's never happened before. I'm thinking Covid plus this draft being a little weird with receiver depth, Tua's health, pats needing a QB, it's just gonna be completely unpredictable

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Jeez Louise. I sure hope it doesn't go like that. That board looks absolutely ravaged especially at receiver. That's 8 in the first round. That's never happened before. I'm thinking Covid plus this draft being a little weird with receiver depth, Tua's health, pats needing a QB, it's just gonna be completely unpredictable
I don't think the Pats will take a QB in the first round, but I also don't think 8 WRs are going to be drafted in the 1st round either.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
totally agree. How many QBs do you think will be taken in the first round, prior to our pick.

id put the over/under at 3.5 - im pretty confident that 4 will go but 1 might go after us with a trade back in... the QB situations of most teams around the league are pretty good right now and pretty settled which means that teams dont have to necessarily go ham for a QB if they're not in love with the guy

i dont think the pats are necessarily looking to go QB in round 1 but if someone like Love falls to them they may take him
the saints could take one as a successor to brees but hard to see that happening in round 1

at the moment im looking at 3 teams that i know want and need a QB and likely have to take one in round 1: bengals, dolphins and chargers

my best options that i can come up with are the Raiders, Panthers (although they seem oddly happy about teddy bridgewater), jaguars could be surprise candidates to take one (but they also have 2 picks in the 1st round so could happen at 9 or 20 if they do but they're also clearly in a rebuild so maybe they dont take one yet), patriots, saints

raiders
panthers
jaguars
patriots
saints

those are the biggest threat to take a 4th qb in the draft class i think

Old Bay

Veteran
also no way the dolphins pass on a QB 3 times in the first round lol

I got to say though, if the draft went this way, Miami would come out looking like geniuses. They may still be able to get Herbert in the second. But highly unrealistic mock draft.

And I can't see the Ravens going running back in the first.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Dane Brugler's 7 round mock draft:

Baltimore Ravens
1 (28) LB Zach Baun, Wisconsin
2 (55) WR KJ Hamler, Penn State
2 (60) OG Robert Hunt, Louisiana
3 (92) DL Raekwon Davis, Alabama
3 (106) RB Zack Moss, Utah
4 (129) EDGE Alton Robinson, Syracuse
4 (134) LB Markus Bailey, Purdue
5 (170) TE Thaddeus Moss, LSU
7 (225) OC Cohl Cabral, Arizona State

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Brett Kollman's mock. I like Blackock as a prospect, but with Epenesa and Ruiz on the boards, I doubt we would pass on either of them.

IMG_5274.JPG

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Brett Kollman's mock. I like Blackock as a prospect, but with Epenesa and Ruiz on the boards, I doubt we would pass on either of them.

View attachment 2276

you'd think AJ Epenesa would have to be the pick if the draft fell that way

my hope with the real draft night is that a load of corners get taken - a bit like the receiver class teams seem to be all over the shop on who they're top guys are outside of the top 2 which might mean we see a run on CBs before we pick - if 3 or 4 CBs are gone before we pick then it's just improving our odds of having a premier talent fall to us

last year we got the 11th player on my board at 25

i think this year we can get someone i have graded in the top 18: madubuike, mckinney, mims, ruiz, epenesa

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
Brugler's 7 round mock. I doubt we'd pick Baun if Ruiz, Jefferson, Epenesa, Aiyuk are still available.

28. Baltimore Ravens – Zack Baun, LB, Wisconsin
Although he was almost exclusively a rusher at Wisconsin, Baun showed flashes of being able to do everything for the Badgers. He can be an off-ball linebacker for the Ravens while also giving them blitzing options on subpackages.
2 (55) WR KJ Hamler, Penn State
2 (60) OG Robert Hunt, Louisiana
3 (92) DL Raekwon Davis, Alabama
3 (106) RB Zack Moss, Utah
4 (129) EDGE Alton Robinson, Syracuse
4 (134) LB Markus Bailey, Purdue
5 (170) TE Thaddeus Moss, LSU
7 (225) OC Cohl Cabral, Arizona Statez