• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Media Mock Central

rossihunter2

Staff Member

haha lol Jeff - thrilled? id be horrified...
for those without subscriptions the Ravens 3 picks in Brugler's mock are Kenneth Murray, Laviska Shenault Jr, Julian Okwara

A LB who doesnt know how to play LB in the 1st round, a WR who doesnt know how to play WR in the 2nd round and an undersized OLB who is potentially a 4-3 OLB

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
Daniel Jeremiah mocked dandre swift to us. What the hell DJ you’re better than that

So after DJ mocked us a RB, Cynthia Frelund, NFL Network Analytics Expert, published her mock draft based on analytics and doubled down on swift to Ravens.

DJ got it right last year when he said ravens should build a track team around lamar and we ended up with hollywood, boykin and hill.

EDC is all about that analytics.. Hmmm..

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...-2020-nfl-mock-draft-who-would-analytics-pick

rossihunter2

Staff Member
So after DJ mocked us a RB, Cynthia Frelund, NFL Network Analytics Expert, published her mock draft based on analytics and doubled down on swift to Ravens.

DJ got it right last year when he said ravens should build a track team around lamar and we ended up with hollywood, boykin and hill.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...-2020-nfl-mock-draft-who-would-analytics-pick

Yeah... no

The justification here is that we take BPA ignoring the fact that positional value and team needs factor into the BPA formula

It’s also a failure of the model she’s got for the draft there that it’s assigning prospects to teams by how much they’ll improve the team’s win probability in 2020 but does not take into account (seemingly) any future years so naturally the shorter RB lifespan is not taken into account

Still odd to me that it would select a RB because of the value above replacement at the position

Maybe I’m misunderstanding something about how her model works but would still think that analytics suggests don’t draft a RB in the first round

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer

If a Jonathan Taylor is there at 60, we might take a rb then.

cam Akers Or zack moss at our 3 is another possibility IF it happens.

but no rb or db will be selected at 28 and I will bet my left nut on it

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor

haha lol Jeff - thrilled? id be horrified...
for those without subscriptions the Ravens 3 picks in Brugler's mock are Kenneth Murray, Laviska Shenault Jr, Julian Okwara

A LB who doesnt know how to play LB in the 1st round, a WR who doesnt know how to play WR in the 2nd round and an undersized OLB who is potentially a 4-3 OLB

It's pretty scary how players get propped up as viable to a typical fan. Very strange when it comes from a source supposedly in the know.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
on the plus side regarding kenneth murray being mocked to us - he's appearing way more infrequently in mocks around the league and in the latest mock draft monitor on the Ravens site (where they compile) https://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/mock-draft-monitor-4-0-post-combine - Murray did not appear once in those mocks (albeit he was mentioned as an alternative option alongside a patrick queen pick and a curtis weaver pick...

thankfully

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor

Maaan.. if Taylor is there in the late 2nd or Akers in the late 3rd for us... and we still don’t draft them. I don’t know who we would draft where I wouldn’t be disappointed. That’s such a great value.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
It's pretty scary how players get propped up as viable to a typical fan. Very strange when it comes from a source supposedly in the know.
Commented a negative opinion on Murray in a ravens fb post about him(I know, I know) and I got an angry reacc and a response basically saying he’s big and fast and can run sideline to sideline, like OF COURSE he’s a first round pick!

bruh, dez Bryant was big and could run sideline to sideline probably faster than Murray could, is he a first round LB? would you make Vernon Davis a LB because he was big and fast? Dk Metcalf would be an all pro LB apparently.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
PFF draft coverage is a joke:

latest mock had the ravens taking Kyle Dugger at 28 - i like dugger but there's a lot of reasons why that pick is patently ridiculous
Oh my god I know. And the fuckery is that they started the mock with a disclaimer that this isn’t THEIR mock, it’s their prediction of what they think will happen, so it’s not pff just projecting a guy they like to a situation they like, they’re actually predicting it.

I still like PFF coverage and I listen to a lot of them when I’m on the road, and I noticed last year that they are often high on guys I’m high on and the variance in prospects they like to the ones I like is pretty minimal, but holy shit they tried so hard to be a special snowflake with that mock.

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
Commented a negative opinion on Murray in a ravens fb post about him(I know, I know) and I got an angry reacc and a response basically saying he’s big and fast and can run sideline to sideline, like OF COURSE he’s a first round pick!

bruh, dez Bryant was big and could run sideline to sideline probably faster than Murray could, is he a first round LB? would you make Vernon Davis a LB because he was big and fast? Dk Metcalf would be an all pro LB apparently.
Thats a reason I love coming on here. I keep hearing(elsewhere) , "if Kenneth Murray falls to us... " with everyone seemingly crossing their collective fingers and I don't get it. Other online Ravens content saying that "if Kenneth Murray falls to us, we HAVE to take him..." Oh well. As I mentioned, this forum is great

Deebo813

Hall of Famer

What if we trade the 28th pick and the new team selecting at 28 grabs a rb or db

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Okay

As its been horribly boring here is the sleeper pick which would be the best pick and best player IMO
Been watching film of D linesman and aside from derrick brown and kinlaw the guy who looks to be in the same ballpark for me

drum roll.

Jordan Elliot.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Okay

As its been horribly boring here is the sleeper pick which would be the best pick and best player IMO
Been watching film of D linesman and aside from derrick brown and kinlaw the guy who looks to be in the same ballpark for me

drum roll.

Jordan Elliot.
Above blacklock madubuike and gallimore? You wild fam. I’m gonna have to come back to this post in a year or 2 and clown you for it lol

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Lol ok. Just remember Jordan Willis...

fine

i've got far more right than wrong

the only ones that i've been wrong about are

Arthur Brown ( like everyone else in the world)
Jordan Willis
Maxx Williams ( he's been okayish i guess)

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Okay

drum roll.

Jordan Elliot.

i think he's a really good prospect dont get me wrong - think he's good enough to be taken early(ish) in the 2nd round but i just much prefer madubuike but also prefer blacklock, davidson and gallimore - but i think he's in their ballpark for sure