• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

What Are Your Favorite TV Shows?

supertolerator

Staff Member
Administrator
Movies and Tv were two of my favorite threads on the old forum, i think they need to be separated as i could go on forever on each one. We should have a mod change it up.

2nd this. Movies and tv seperate.
Just create a new thread either talking about movies or TV shows and have @Militant X 1 change the title of this thread to the topic that you didn't choose. :p

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Movies and Tv were two of my favorite threads on the old forum, i think they need to be separated as i could go on forever on each one. We should have a mod change it up.

2nd this. Movies and tv seperate.

Just create a new thread either talking about movies or TV shows and have @Militant X 1 change the title of this thread to the topic that you didn't choose. :p

How about you two cats @usmccharles and @Aaron Coyle just post your favorite Movies and TV Shows here instead of always trying to make this place look like BR.com? @supertolerator is establishing this place as THE NEW ERA OF RAVENS FORUMS!!! :p:lol::D:cool:

rossihunter2

Staff Member
How about you two cats @usmccharles and @Aaron Coyle just post your favorite Movies and TV Shows here instead of always trying to make this place look like BR.com? @supertolerator is establishing this place as THE NEW ERA OF RAVENS FORUMS!!! :p:lol::D:cool:
the reason they want 2 threads is not because they want br.com back but because they want it to be easier on everyone to navigate the conversations...

My beef with TWD is that the writing is lazy. There's filler disguised as exposition, meant solely to kill time until the next episode. So many forgettable, useless moments and conversations that the writers call "world-building" -- it's not. It's garbage tripe that completely betrays how good the first season was. When a show consistently has episodes that are skippable without losing much comprehension of the plot, there's a major problem.

Every show is guilty of filler at some point, but not to the excess of TWD. There are no real consequences when someone dies. It just happens and people move on. There are no real stakes. There's no longer a setup of an endgame, because the goal of the characters is now to simply live to see the next day. There's no incentive for people to keep watching, because they've not given anyone a reason to care where they go next. Things happen just to happen.

Thats exactly whats happening, it's not true character development it's filler. Thats why my wife and I quit

usmccharles

Practice Squad
TWD is absolute garbage. It is almost like i enjoy watching it just so i can hate it, i just feel so pot committed i cant give up. Its the same old thing every time

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
TWD is absolute garbage. It is almost like i enjoy watching it just so i can hate it, i just feel so pot committed i cant give up. Its the same old thing every time

:D:D

I LOVE the Walking Dead! Rick is my man! And that Python of his is fierce. Got to add one to my collection.
:cool:

mc_red23

Pro Bowler
On television, along with a few others, I'm really diggin':

Walking Dead
Underground
Queen Sugar

Shots Fired
Shades of Blue
Greenleaf
Scandal
Quantico
Into the Badlands
Live PD

I watch a few on that list: Shots Fired, Shades of Blue, Scandal & Quantico. I watched the first few episodes of Shots Fired but I've not watched it for about a month, I'm waiting for the episodes to build up so I can binge watch it at some point. Warren Kole's character (the stalker FBI agent) freaks me out for some reason on Shades of Blue.

Other TV shows I like watching:
Chicago PD (all of the Chicago shows really - Justice, Med, Fire)
Criminal Minds
Big Bang Theory (going downhill quickly IMO. Sheldon Cooper is one of my favourite characters on any show though. The prime example of how one person can basically carry an entire show for the most part)
House of Cards
Ballers

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
I watch a few on that list: Shots Fired, Shades of Blue, Scandal & Quantico. I watched the first few episodes of Shots Fired but I've not watched it for about a month, I'm waiting for the episodes to build up so I can binge watch it at some point. Warren Kole's character (the stalker FBI agent) freaks me out for some reason on Shades of Blue.

Other TV shows I like watching:
Chicago PD (all of the Chicago shows really - Justice, Med, Fire)
Criminal Minds
Big Bang Theory
(going downhill quickly IMO. Sheldon Cooper is one of my favourite characters on any show though. The prime example of how one person can basically carry an entire show for the most part)
House of Cards
Ballers

Chicago PD? YES! The other Chicago shows? Nah.

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
Just here to comment I love posts like this. Something like this would have never been allowed on the old forums. I think the community will become close than ever. Glad to see everyone getting along and enjoying themselves!

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
All-time fav shows
Breaking Bad
The Wire

Current fav shows
Game of Thrones
Better Call Saul
Westworld
Silicon Valley
Vikings
Daredevil (any of the Marvel Netflix series really; Iron Fist was kinda trash tho)
Rick and Morty
Archer

Sledge Hammer

Pro Bowler
We're watching Dark Skies right now. This is pretty creepy. But this family has the moreso the appearance of being haunted than an Alien invasion. We will see how it turns out. But pretty freaky movie so far
[doublepost=1494749954,1494734182][/doublepost]
We're watching Dark Skies right now. This is pretty creepy. But this family has the moreso the appearance of being haunted than an Alien invasion. We will see how it turns out. But pretty freaky movie so far

Turned out to be a really awesome movie. Suspense, plot it kept your attention. However til the end it gave the appearance of a haunting not an alien invasion whatever. We watched it twice because it was so good and to try to catch things we didn't see first time. First science/horror we watched in a while. And I would recommend it.