• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

What Are Your Favorite TV Shows?

Simba

Staff Member
TLOU EP3. Holy shit. What a tear-jerker.
As an avid lover of the game, I'm so glad they're not staying true to that fully. Feel like episode 3 is a prime example of using the universe they created at a high level and expanding on some ideas they probably had that didn't fit into the video game world. So thanks it's not 1 to 1 and they complement each other so far.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
As an avid lover of the game, I'm so glad they're not staying true to that fully. Feel like episode 3 is a prime example of using the universe they created at a high level and expanding on some ideas they probably had that didn't fit into the video game world. So thanks it's not 1 to 1 and they complement each other so far.

This is what makes me excited to watch the show

Would be less interested if it was pedro pascal and belle ramsey doing an impression of Troy baker and Ashley Johnson with the same story to the beat

Simba

Staff Member
This is what makes me excited to watch the show

Would be less interested if it was pedro pascal and belle ramsey doing an impression of Troy baker and Ashley Johnson with the same story to the beat
The definitely give some video game fan service and they're using the story at a high level, but certainly not beholden to that. Really glad they've gone that route so far. I've been finding the "it's not like the video game" complaints funny. Shooting enemies and scavenging for supplies isn't exactly good TV. Definitely adapting to the different medium and doing it damn well so far.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
The definitely give some video game fan service and they're using the story at a high level, but certainly not beholden to that. Really glad they've gone that route so far. I've been finding the "it's not like the video game" complaints funny. Shooting enemies and scavenging for supplies isn't exactly good TV. Definitely adapting to the different medium and doing it damn well so far.

That has always been a huge problem transferring from one medium to another

I feel like that complaint is inherently dumb though - if you want the exact same thing all over again… just replay the game again

The trailers for the show didn’t have me hyped but everything I’ve seen since it’s aired have and especially the “extra” material

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
You’ll like it. Joel ain’t nothing to play with
I've seen the 1st three episodes on the HBO Freeview this past weekend. It was alright. Definitely no Walking Dead.

Nurps

MVP
I've seen the 1st three episodes on the HBO Freeview this past weekend. It was alright. Definitely no Walking Dead.
Walking Dead was good for a few seasons and then just turned into stale shit. TLOU is increduble. Cant wait for EP5, gonna watch tomorrow.....

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Watch it. And if you can't watch play the game. My older cousins aren't into games but the story was so good they would ask when I was playing just to follow the story.
Um, I'm watching The Last of Us. I'm up to Ep #9 now. It's alright. Definitely not to be compared with the Walking Dead's action at all. It's not even close to me. The WD was my show! Man, after a 12-year run, I nearly cried when the final season was over. :cool:

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Um, I'm watching The Last of Us. I'm up to Ep #9 now. It's alright. Definitely not to be compared with the Walking Dead's action at all. It's not even close to me. The WD was my show! Man, after a 12-year run, I nearly cried when the final season was over. :cool:
Last of us wasn't about action. I'll tell everyone this. Play the game if you get a chance. I also can't believe you made it through the entire series. I tapped out after Carl died.

Nurps

MVP
Last of us wasn't about action. I'll tell everyone this. Play the game if you get a chance. I also can't believe you made it through the entire series. I tapped out after Carl died.
I think he's the only person I've heard of that lasted through the entire series lol.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
It's definitely not about action, that's for sure! I'm not playing the game though. Yeah! I wanted to watch it all to give it a chance cause once I saw that it was nowhere near the Walking Dead's level (action, storyline, or characters) I started to check out after the first few episodes. Lol!

Breaking Bad (best TV show of all time)
Better Call Saul (2nd best TV show of all time)
The Sopranos
The Wire
Band of Brothers
The Pacific
Fargo (just as good as the movie, if not better)
The White Lotus
Lost
Last of Us
Narcos
Seinfeld
That 70s Show
King of the Hill
Beavis and Butthead
Simpsons
Live PD
Cops
Below Deck
Naked and Afraid XL
Naked and Afraid
Alone
Survivor

Might add to this as stuff comes to mind..

Last edited:
Walking Dead was good up until seasons 4 or 5. And boy did that show go downhill.

Same with Fear of the Walking Dead, started strong then fell off in season 4 or when they brought Morgan over