• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Training Camp

Boldnpurpblack

Practice Squad
given that the ones who've fully bought in (and werent injured in training camp - i.e. not the guys who did their injuries outside of camp etc.) are still going strong like weddle and i get the impression that some of the other guys were less entrenched in saunders system last year - maybe it could be the latent after effects of not being on saunders system last year but on it this year?

just a thought
Yea it does seem like all the guys who were the biggest proponents and fully bought in, at least most vocally, arent having issues. Or maybe the guys who were very vocal about going all in are just too small a sub set to accurately gauge.

I cant pinpoint and wont speculate what specifically is going on. But it is not 100% coincidence that now, about 4 years running we've either lead the league or been close to it in players on IR, and lost for the season.

Seems like its always us and the Chargers. And its just been too consistent of a problem to be merely coincidence.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
Players all around the NFL are getting injured during the preseason, every team is hurt. So far, apart from Tim White's injury we've stayed relatively healthy. And we played on a potato plantation of a field. Can we just stop acting like we're the only one getting injuries in preseason?

Boldnpurpblack

Practice Squad
Players all around the NFL are getting injured during the preseason, every team is hurt. So far, apart from Tim White's injury we've stayed relatively healthy. And we played on a potato plantation of a field. Can we just stop acting like we're the only one getting injuries in preseason?
Is this sarcastic?

Siragusa, Pitta, Alex Lewis, Perriman, Flacco, Camp, Stanley, Tavon Young, Maurice Canady, Tim White, Danny Woodhead, Humphrey, Dixon, Gillmore....

And im sure im missing one or two.

Yes. Every team suffers injuries. But only 1 team suffers the most injuries in a given year. And when you're that team 3-4 years in a row, there may be something to it.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Is this sarcastic?

Siragusa, Pitta, Alex Lewis, Perriman, Flacco, Camp, Stanley, Tavon Young, Maurice Canady, Tim White, Danny Woodhead, Humphrey, Dixon, Gillmore....

And im sure im missing one or two.

Yes. Every team suffers injuries. But only 1 team suffers the most injuries in a given year. And when you're that team 3-4 years in a row, there may be something to it.
He was referring to preseason games, not training camp. In that case, he's actually correct. Most of our injuries have been during camp, not during games(knock on wood). Which is weird.

I'm mad about all of this though.

The Greek

Veteran
if flacco is not practicing next week than his injury is definitely a concern moving forward. he has probably been tossing the ball to his wife secretly to see if his back is still bothering him. hope to see him next week because he does need to get in rhythm with his targets.

Boldnpurpblack

Practice Squad
He was referring to preseason games, not training camp. In that case, he's actually correct. Most of our injuries have been during camp, not during games(knock on wood). Which is weird.

I'm mad about all of this though.
No i understood that. But making a distinction about injuries in just games makes no sense because no one is complaining specifically about the games.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
No i understood that. But making a distinction about injuries in just games makes no sense because no one is complaining specifically about the games.
Well people keep on going to this thread whenever someone gets injured. If not, then you are still talking about injuries that happened like a month ago. Move on, it's a stupid debate anyway.

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
Team is thin at virtually every skill position. Really not a single weapon to truly concern any opposition's defensive coordinator.

No player you must game plan to stop.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
How is this team going to perform in the regular season if there is no chemistry between the players on offense considering all these missed practices?

Sooky

Pro Bowler
How is this team going to perform in the regular season if there is no chemistry between the players on offense considering all these missed practices?
I mean the defense and Tucker will be fine. And if the defense continues holding teams to 120 yards from scrimmage a game there's a chance.