• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Joe Flacco

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
I don't think it's a playoffs or bust scenario, I think it's about his contract. He has one more year left on his contract and no coach goes into the lame duck season. That and Harbaugh not wanting another one year contract.
That’s a serious issue and a very valid concern. It’s a crossroads because you can’t extend John another year. He’ll expect and demand more security than that but if you do then you sort of marry yourself for more years maybe. Steve has shown he doesn’t care about that as well so maybe it’s not as big a deal.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
I think the fact that Lamar should be 5-0(except for defense 4th and 9 play) and Joe was 4-5 will convince Biscotti to keep Harbaugh no matter what happens the rest of the season.

I'm not saying this is the right move but I think Biscotti will give Harbaugh a full year with Lamar before making a decision based on the teams performance with Lamar this year.

At the half way point with Flacco , I thought Harbaugh was as good as gone. You could look at Harbaugh's face and he seemed he even knew it.
For lack of better terms, I do agree that Flacco will be the scapegoat to keep Harbaugh. I’m actually excited to see what John can do with Lamar because I think that’s the QB Harbaugh prefers.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Eh I guess but I’m not going to agree with it. I’ll agree with people like @allblackraven who are upset with John over his penchant to play veterans over rookies. That’s a very valid complaint but this narrative of “Playoffs or Bust” is just too generalised for me. That’s why I appreciate what he says because I don’t think he (allblackraven) cares if we make the playoffs or not he wants John gone. I don’t agree but I appreciate his opinion.

I guess others’ comments may shed more insight for me.
Yep, "playoffs or bust" is just a lazy journalism. Bisciotti doesn't operate like that. I do hope that he has some common sense left though - drought's been real and way too long.

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
For lack of better terms, I do agree that Flacco will be the scapegoat to keep Harbaugh. I’m actually excited to see what John can do with Lamar because I think that’s the QB Harbaugh prefers.
I don't know if I would call Flacco the scapegoat. His skill has declined considerably since the acl/mcl tear.

He started off well enough and then went into his usual inconsistent funk that could cost us the playoffs this year.

Last edited:

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Eh I guess but I’m not going to agree with it. I’ll agree with people like @allblackraven who are upset with John over his penchant to play veterans over rookies. That’s a very valid complaint but this narrative of “Playoffs or Bust” is just too generalised for me. That’s why I appreciate what he says because I don’t think he (allblackraven) cares if we make the playoffs or not he wants John gone. I don’t agree but I appreciate his opinion.

I guess others’ comments may shed more insight for me.

its more about the angle you approach it from the people saying playoffs or bust are mostly just indicating that that's what they think will be the outcome...

that's different to a personal opinion on the situation

i agree with @allblackraven about harbs but im not sure whether it actually happens
i think where we're getting bogged down is the difference between what should happen vs what is going to happen...
but i could be wrong

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Better not be god dammit, Harbaugh brings no identity to the team as far as on field performance goes, he’s just rah rah and nothing else. His staff has done well ONCE and that’s with lamar, he pounds the table for mediocre players as younger and better players sit on the bench or inactive, his doghouse is a very real thing and it’s been to the detriment of the franchise, and he’s too damn stubborn with “his” guys.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Better not be god dammit, Harbaugh brings no identity to the team as far as on field performance goes, he’s just rah rah and nothing else. His staff has done well ONCE and that’s with lamar, he pounds the table for mediocre players as younger and better players sit on the bench or inactive, his doghouse is a very real thing and it’s been to the detriment of the franchise, and he’s too damn stubborn with “his” guys.
I prepared one for him:

637b8b1e-7924-42d5-b6be-2796dcd65d87.jpg

Nah - he did not bring along anybody. Flacco would still be starting if he didn't injure his hip. It's Marty and Urban.
Harbaugh's hand was forced.
Of course the injury brought Lamar in but I don't know how you cant give John credit for going forward with Lamar as much as he has. I honestly think Joe wouldn't have been sidelined as long as he was if he felt he absolutely had to have Joe play. Anyway I don't see him getting fired. The 2019 head coaching market is pretty uninspiring.

Last edited:

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
I’ve decided I want joe to go to the Giants - great run game, good WRs, NFC, I could see him doing well there. They should draft a QB, trade for joe, let joe play out his career for 2 more years, boom

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
I’ve decided I want joe to go to the Giants - great run game, good WRs, NFC, I could see him doing well there. They should draft a QB, trade for joe, let joe play out his career for 2 more years, boom
LMAO. Flacco in the New York media! That's great. Let's put the most boring guy humanly possible to the derp.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
Flacco’s personality is why i have a sentimental attachment to this “era” of the ravens, he is far from boring, the national media just doesn’t know it.

If Flacco were to go to the Giants then I think the local media around here would love him and he'd probably have an opportunity to get a bunch of endorsement deals. He's a funny dude and seems to always come across as genuine in his interviews.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
If Flacco were to go to the Giants then I think the local media around here would love him and he'd probably have an opportunity to get a bunch of endorsement deals. He's a funny dude and seems to always come across as genuine in his interviews.
For real, joes dry humor is great, and when he said that shit about not being worried about lamar and everyone else will stop worrying about when he’s winning, that was a GOAT comment, unfortunately it didn’t pan out, but still lol

redrum52

Hall of Famer
For real, joes dry humor is great, and when he said that shit about not being worried about lamar and everyone else will stop worrying about when he’s winning, that was a GOAT comment, unfortunately it didn’t pan out, but still lol

LMAO... I completely forgot about that comment. Didn't age too well.