• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Joe Flacco

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
I was thinking more along the lines of:

March 21, 2019: Mike Evans personally welcomes Flacco to TB
March 22, 2019: The Flaccos announce they are expecting child #72
December 18, 2019: Mike Evans sets NFL record with 342 passing targets in a season
And 200 receptions....

Only 3TDs though. Flacco fantasy value still trash

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I was thinking more along the lines of:

March 21, 2019: Mike Evans personally welcomes Flacco to TB
March 22, 2019: The Flaccos announce they are expecting child #72
December 18, 2019: Mike Evans sets NFL record with 342 passing targets in a season

All going for 5 yards or less

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
And 200 receptions....

Only 3TDs though. Flacco fantasy value still trash
*Ronald Jones III becomes Ray Rice 2.0*
*The Buccs defense stays healthy for once*

I could see the Buccs making a power play. Especially if Brees retires after possibly winning a ring this year. I think Flacco has regressed, but we really have done the guy no favors, and even then he has games that suggest that he could still win a ring in the right situation. He had the WR corps this year, but that interior oline killed whatever chance of a running game this team had before we put Lamar in. I know that a common argument is that "why does Flacco need everything. Aaron Rodgers does more with less". FLACCO WON A SUPER BOWL WITH THOSE THINGS. That's what set him apart from the Daltons of the world. Injuries plus.... Just sheer offensive neglect broke the guy here. If there's any QB in the NFL that could succeed with a change of scenery, it's him and Derek Carr.

*Ravens trade Flacco to Oakland*
*Oakland does not learn from the Carson Palmer trade*
*Becomes this generation's Herschel Walker trade*
*Gruden and Flacco mutually derp their way into their $100 million contracts*

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
no sir! They pilfered the Randy Moss playbook!
*Harbaugh follows Flacco to Tampa Bay*
*institutes Marty as offensive coordinator*
*Flacco, fed up with this shit retires*
*Buccaneers tank, give Ravens better position with their draft picks*
*Ravens draft stud wide receiver early 2020*
*Lamar wins 3 super bowls*
*Flacco cries*

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
If there are legitimately that many teams interested in Flacco we will get at least a 2nd round pick. 4 or more means 2nd round pick it better.

flynismo

Practice Squad
*Harbaugh follows Flacco to Tampa Bay*
*institutes Marty as offensive coordinator*
*Flacco, fed up with this shit retires*
*Buccaneers tank, give Ravens better position with their draft picks*
*Ravens draft stud wide receiver early 2020*
*Lamar wins 3 super bowls*
*Flacco cries*
I don't know why, but this really triggered me lol. Dude just can't catch a break.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
If there are legitimately that many teams interested in Flacco we will get at least a 2nd round pick. 4 or more means 2nd round pick it better.
We have to sit here and hope that the Tampa Bay front office continues to act moronically and attempts to sell the farm for Joe, Herschel Walker style.

It won't happen at all, but it would be nice. A man can dream right?

flynismo

Practice Squad
The draft pick is obviously great and all, but what really has me pumped is that if we trade him, doesn't that mean that all, or nearly all, of his salary comes off our books? If his cap hit is $29M this year, that frees up $29M instead of $10.5M we'd save by releasing him?

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
The draft pick is obviously great and all, but what really has me pumped is that if we trade him, doesn't that mean that all, or nearly all, of his salary comes off our books? If his cap hit is $29M this year, that frees up $29M instead of $10.5M we'd save by releasing him?
It's basically the same if we release him I think. We'd still have to account for his dead money unless Eric can fleece them into a ton of draft picks AND taking the entirety of his contract like Ozzie did with Eugene Monroe and the Jaguars a couple of years ago.

Man I am glad we have Stanley.....

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
I don’t think so because that would be his signing bonus that we agreed to pay when we signed or restructured him. I think we’re on the hook for that as I don’t think you can “trade” that responsibility. I think we’ll get the 2nd if there’s that much interest and a swap of picks whether this year or next.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
It's basically the same if we release him I think. We'd still have to account for his dead money unless Eric can fleece them into a ton of draft picks AND taking the entirety of his contract like Ozzie did with Eugene Monroe and the Jaguars a couple of years ago.

Man I am glad we have Stanley.....
I think Ozzie got them to eat some of the base salary not the signing bonus. Monroe was still in his rookie deal I think? I think he was in his final year so I don’t think he had any bonus remaining.

flynismo

Practice Squad
I don’t think so because that would be his signing bonus that we agreed to pay when we signed or restructured him. I think we’re on the hook for that as I don’t think you can “trade” that responsibility. I think we’ll get the 2nd if there’s that much interest and a swap of picks whether this year or next.
Ah. Well okay, $10.5M is still a nice chunk of change. Due to age, we're going to have quite a few significant holes to fill this offseason; we'll need every penny of it.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I had already mentioned them as a team that I'd like to see Flacco go to, however, it should be noted that Winston has been playing pretty well since he got the starting job back. Flacco could be deadly with Evans and Howard to work with, but if the Bucs are committed to Winston then they might not seek a trade.

there's no indication that the bucs believe in winston at all and they will likely have a new HC and maybe even GM who will probably want to pick their own QB

rossihunter2

Staff Member

it's also dependent on their cap spaces
the interest will be high because all those teams likely know that joe wont be on our roster - so they know that we have a little less leverage in that sense because we will just cut him

and the teams with the most cap space will be fine waiting it out or offering lower draft picks and seeing if we cut him because they can win a bidding war and hopefully not give away draft capital

the teams with less cap space will be really intrigued by the 18.5m no guaranteed money cap hit and salary and that will hopefully increase the value of a potential pick

ironically the biggest help to joe's trade value is the fact that the 2019 qb draft class is utterly awful

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
ironically the biggest help to joe's trade value is the fact that the 2019 qb draft class is utterly awful
Lol. Couldn’t be more true. I like Herbert and I think Clayton’s thorson flies under the radar, but outside of those two I don’t really see a guy with franchise qualities. Shea Patterson? Not a fan. Good college QB but NFL players will catch on quickly. Drew Locke is Josh Allen if Allen were a statue.... so he’s far worse.

Even then I don’t think Herbert or Thorson are better than my top 4 QBs last year.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Lol. Couldn’t be more true. I like Herbert and I think Clayton’s thorson flies under the radar, but outside of those two I don’t really see a guy with franchise qualities. Shea Patterson? Not a fan. Good college QB but NFL players will catch on quickly. Drew Locke is Josh Allen if Allen were a statue.... so he’s far worse.

Even then I don’t think Herbert or Thorson are better than my top 4 QBs last year.

the best qb eligible for this class is going to go and play baseball
and drew locke would have to have been incredible this year for him to change my mind dramatically about what he is - i thought he was borderline undraftable when i looked at him last year (thinking he might declare for 2018)