• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Joe Flacco

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
It's official, it's Denver's 4th round pick #11

Broncos acquired QB Joe Flacco from the Ravens in exchange for a 2019 fourth-round pick.
Denver had a pair of fourth-rounders in April's draft, and they'll send their own to Baltimore and keep the one it got from Houston in the Demaryius Thomas trade. The move will be officially official when the new league year opens on March 13. Flacco is 34 with a troubling injury history that includes back and hip issues along with a torn ACL a few years back. The guy simply cannot move outside of the pocket and is going to need serious protection from an offensive line that on paper looks like one of the league's worst at the moment. New OL coach Mike Munchak is suddenly a very important piece. As for Flacco's fit in the offense, new OC Rich Scangarello is part of the Shanahan/Kubiak tree, which Flacco played under in Baltimore when Kubiak was the OC. At the end of the day, this may not be a huge upgrade, but it is one from Case Keenum, who will now be shopped by the Broncos. Flacco has three years left on his contract.

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
Wonder if Foles will be the next QB domino to fall since Joe has been traded.
The Eagles need to franchise tag him first and he has to sign the tag before they can trade him because he opted out of his contract.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Foles is effectively an UFA since he used his option, so he can't be traded or anything (until he gets tagged/FA opens up).

Guess Bortles would be the next domino to fall if teams want to trade for him in this case. Or even Tannehill if the Dolphins find a trade partner.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
I don't know but I think the compensation for Joe is pretty small in my view. I know we gave away any leverage we had to trade him with basically announcing to the world we were moving on from him, but still for what the Broncos are getting it's a very cheap price to pay. By the way, when did Joe Flacco become less desirable than Nick Foles? While both have won SB MVPs, Joe is a superior playoff and clutch performer with better arm strength. I personally think the Broncos got a great deal and I'm scared that he stays in our conference. But, I wish Flacco nothing but the best of luck moving forward. I feel hollow today despite being a big proponent of Lamar Jackson and the benching of Joe Flacco.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
“So we’re replacing a 2003 Honda Accord for a 2001 Nissan Maxima?”

That is such an accurate ass description. One is an old piece of shit, the other is older but with more shit that may have been flashy a long time ago but not really flashy anymore.

Still love joe but he is what he is at this point
I loved that comment...lol.