• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Joe Flacco

The Raven

Veteran
If Joe keeps it up it may be his last year as our starter. Bold? Sure. A reckless cap decision? Arguably. But if we can't win games with this receiving core and this defense then something needs to change. 49 passes and only 9 points? 31/49 for 235? Are you goddamn serious? That's 4.7 yards an attempt. Teams run the ball better than that. Missing camp is not a valid excuse for a seasoned vet and former Super Bowl MVP playing that damn badly.

Alex Collins got 82 on 9 carries, good for about 9 yards a carry. Sure, he had the big run. That certainly skews the average. But Joe couldn't even get that big play. He could barely complete a routine play.

When you average more running the ball than you do passing there is a huge fucking problem and his name is Joe Flacco.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
If Joe keeps it up it may be his last year as our starter. Bold? Sure. A reckless cap decision? Arguably. But if we can't win games with this receiving core and this defense then something needs to change. 49 passes and only 9 points? 31/49 for 235? Are you goddamn serious? That's 4.7 yards an attempt. Teams run the ball better than that. Missing camp is not a valid excuse for a seasoned vet and former Super Bowl MVP playing that damn badly.

Alex Collins got 82 on 9 carries, good for about 9 yards a carry. Sure, he had the big run. That certainly skews the average. But Joe couldn't even get that big play. He could barely complete a routine play.

When you average more running the ball than you do passing there is a huge fucking problem and his name is Joe Flacco.
The reason we should cut him or trade him is simply to show that the Ravens care about this team. Flacco is not just inept at his own job, but his job affect the entire offensive roster. He makes the investment in the entire offense moot. He must go at the end of this year. For now, I would recall Woodrum from the PS and either start him or Mallet. Let the young kids get some experience under the belt even if it means losing several games. With Flacco I can't see us winning any more games than with Mallet or Woodrum. In fact, they'll make less mistakes than Flacco and may keep us in games.

The Raven

Veteran
It's at the point where I have to ask whether the team is going to keep playing for him. Another showing like that and Joe may -- in a crazy twist of fate -- lose the trust of his teammates. He's playing like shit.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Your a liar sami84, don't try and say you were a fan of the Humphrey pick. You didn't change your tune until many others including myself, pointed you in the right direction.

These are your words buddy...
Sami84 said:
My concern with humphrey is that when QBS decided to target him with the long ball, pretty much in every game he gave up a big play..id say in 75% of the games where he was targeted deep he was beaten. I've been trying to talk myself into this pick but even in the combine drills Deion sanders said when he was doing the backstep stuff '' thats poor technique, that's not good at all''.. Is all this fixable? He had nick saban coaching him...what I don't like about the first two picks is that they are very raw in so many aspects. For the first two picks i always feel you should be looking for starting material off the bat with a current high floor and high ceiling wheras later on you can pick n choose a bit more casually.

read my following posts. all before training camp

thank you ..mr selective

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
I watched more of humphrey on film and thought to myself it's everything but the deep ball. At first i was angry as i only watched him in some of his awful games vs ole miss and clemson.

My tune never changed with perriman or elam.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
read my following posts. all before training camp

thank you ..mr selective
I'm aware you came around, no argument there, but don't make it seem as though you wanted to draft him, because you wouldn't have taken him, since you didn't like him after the draft.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'm aware you came around, no argument there, but don't make it seem as though you wanted to draft him, because you wouldn't have taken him, since you didn't like him after the draft.

did i not say, after watching more film that i thought while he wont be a perenniel pro bowl corner than he could be a very very solid/good corner for a long time ala carlos rodgers? All before training camp..

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
did i not say, after watching more film that i thought while he wont be a perenniel pro bowl corner than he could be a very very solid/good corner for a long time ala carlos rodgers? All before training camp..
You did and I commend you for going through the tape, but you didn't like him at draft time and didn't start to come around until after finally watching the tape in more detail, long after the draft. My point is you wouldn't have taken him on draft day because you didn't like him then.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
You did and I commend you for going through the tape, but you didn't like him at draft time and didn't start to come around until after finally watching the tape in more detail, long after the draft. My point is you wouldn't have taken him on draft day because you didn't like him then.

remember i dont live in the USA and getting a chance to watch every prospect is hard. I actually didnt watch him because i didnt think we wanted him at all. I focused on the guys that i thought we were targeting.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
remember i dont live in the USA and getting a chance to watch every prospect is hard. I actually didnt watch him because i didnt think we wanted him at all. I focused on the guys that i thought we were targeting.
We do a forum mock with many people all over the world. They have no issues using the internet to research players. The game has free agency and draft whereas all the players have their own team and salary cap to work with.

Where do you live, sami

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
We do a forum mock with many people all over the world. They have no issues using the internet to research players. The game has free agency and draft whereas all the players have their own team and salary cap to work with.

Where do you live, sami

I live in the UAE currently. Of course, I'm just stating that humphrey wasn't a guy that i did extensive film viewing on. I just remember from the mainc ollege highlights everytime I saw a bama game someone would throw one over him. It felt like nearly every game involed humphrey being beat on a deep ball.

when i finally got to watching it all, i realized that was his only weakness. He's going to be a very good player along the levels like i said..carlos rodgers, prince amukamara etc

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
someone said on twitter today

the ravens have become..soft
Onwuasor leveled a hit or two that put me in the mind of The Ravens of old, particularly in this rivalry. Apart from that they were made to look a step slow generally.

It hasn't been difficult to move the ball on this team.