• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Joe Flacco

RayRayRaven

Veteran
as of right now thats his skillset but to say he can't play corner isnt true....his footwork has got a lot better. He can be a very good allround DB. He only turned 21 a few months ago. He's going to be a v.good pro..not some superstar corner or saftey but a very good pro for years to come.

hes not good enough to replace weddle. he could fill jeffersons role. he can tackle. i am not a fan and predict failure. he was the one "corner" i eliminated as non draftable and oz took him.

Christian Schwarz

Practice Squad
Lol we have seen Flacco play like this before and bounce back. Flacco is no A-A Ron, Goat, or Brees. But Flacco is proven that with the right pieces around him he can be a playoff contender and get it done even under the bright lights of the super bowl.

Flacco is no doubt playing horribly, but how can you blame a guy who has 1/5th of a capable O-line? Even with Yanda make it 2/5, thats a failing grade, to me meaning we are failing Flacco and failing our offense. Flacco got sacked 4 times today and has between 1-2 seconds on average to throw the ball, he can't even drop back let alone go through his reads or make a throw down field. And Mornenwhig knows that so he runs the ball way too much making us predictable, or designs quick checkdowns, slants/hitches that go 3-5 yards that go for short/no gains due to the lack of pass pro.

I mean I was kind of ok with Flaccos ints, it's either that or you throw the ball away and punt. He had to make a play, forced both of the throws, and our offense is so bad it's not like we have any chance to move the ball down field anyway other than the huge Alex Collins run. Offensive line is arguably the most pivotal piece to a teams success, and we have one of the worst in the league making it hard to run the ball and impossible to pass.

Look at the Giants with or without ODB, Marshall, Shepard, and their solid defense-they have struggled on offense despite all the talent in that receiving group and defense. They are 0-3 and the Bucs are putting heat on them right now.

The Seahawks- as atheltic and mobile as Russell Wilson is they have struggled mightily this season due to pressure on Wilson and have taken a huge toll offensively.

And even the A-ARon has shown he can get beat up/held back by a poor O-line. Atlanta (although a great team) hurried Rodgers, sacked Rodgers and beat Rodgers due to injuries across the Packers O-line. And if you watch their other games it's clear even the great Aa-ron gets disrupted under pressure. They are still playing great and winning but just trying to make a point that poor O-line leads to poor qb play and contributes to losses regardless of how talented or athletic you are.

There are alot of good teams out there who struggle due to poor blocking, it cripples you and right now it is crippling Flacco. I'm not one to make excuses but we have been around Flacco for nearly a decade now, he is who he is (Superbowl winning, playoff proven contender), but he needs the right pieces around him to make it happen, and so far in 2017 he does not.

And let's be honest...who is gonna step in and do it better than Flacco? You better call papa John's and ask Peyton to come out of retirement real quick.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I said Humphrey is a far better pick than perriman or elam was. INfact i said he's likely to be a borderline pro bowl calibre player..like a prince amukamara when healthy.

Your a liar sami84, don't try and say you were a fan of the Humphrey pick. You didn't change your tune until many others including myself, pointed you in the right direction.

These are your words buddy...
Sami84 said:
My concern with humphrey is that when QBS decided to target him with the long ball, pretty much in every game he gave up a big play..id say in 75% of the games where he was targeted deep he was beaten. I've been trying to talk myself into this pick but even in the combine drills Deion sanders said when he was doing the backstep stuff '' thats poor technique, that's not good at all''.. Is all this fixable? He had nick saban coaching him...what I don't like about the first two picks is that they are very raw in so many aspects. For the first two picks i always feel you should be looking for starting material off the bat with a current high floor and high ceiling wheras later on you can pick n choose a bit more casually.

arnie_uk

Veteran
Your a liar sami84, don't try and say you were a fan of the Humphrey pick. You didn't change your tune until many others including myself, pointed yo in the right direction.

These are your words buddy...
Sami84 said:
My concern with humphrey is that when QBS decided to target him with the long ball, pretty much in every game he gave up a big play..id say in 75% of the games where he was targeted deep he was beaten. I've been trying to talk myself into this pick but even in the combine drills Deion sanders said when he was doing the backstep stuff '' thats poor technique, that's not good at all''.. Is all this fixable? He had nick saban coaching him...what I don't like about the first two picks is that they are very raw in so many aspects. For the first two picks i always feel you should be looking for starting material off the bat with a current high floor and high ceiling wheras later on you can pick n choose a bit more casually.
He hated humph on the br.com board. He's a flat out liar

The Greek

Veteran
Lol we have seen Flacco play like this before and bounce back. Flacco is no A-A Ron, Goat, or Brees. But Flacco is proven that with the right pieces around him he can be a playoff contender and get it done even under the bright lights of the super bowl.

Flacco is no doubt playing horribly, but how can you blame a guy who has 1/5th of a capable O-line? Even with Yanda make it 2/5, thats a failing grade, to me meaning we are failing Flacco and failing our offense. Flacco got sacked 4 times today and has between 1-2 seconds on average to throw the ball, he can't even drop back let alone go through his reads or make a throw down field. And Mornenwhig knows that so he runs the ball way too much making us predictable, or designs quick checkdowns, slants/hitches that go 3-5 yards that go for short/no gains due to the lack of pass pro.

I mean I was kind of ok with Flaccos ints, it's either that or you throw the ball away and punt. He had to make a play, forced both of the throws, and our offense is so bad it's not like we have any chance to move the ball down field anyway other than the huge Alex Collins run. Offensive line is arguably the most pivotal piece to a teams success, and we have one of the worst in the league making it hard to run the ball and impossible to pass.

Look at the Giants with or without ODB, Marshall, Shepard, and their solid defense-they have struggled on offense despite all the talent in that receiving group and defense. They are 0-3 and the Bucs are putting heat on them right now.

The Seahawks- as atheltic and mobile as Russell Wilson is they have struggled mightily this season due to pressure on Wilson and have taken a huge toll offensively.
mallett is better and i hope he starts next week. flacco is done. aside from a 4 game run he has been a very inconsistent qb for $120 million
And even the A-ARon has shown he can get beat up/held back by a poor O-line. Atlanta (although a great team) hurried Rodgers, sacked Rodgers and beat Rodgers due to injuries across the Packers O-line. And if you watch their other games it's clear even the great Aa-ron gets disrupted under pressure. They are still playing great and winning but just trying to make a point that poor O-line leads to poor qb play and contributes to losses regardless of how talented or athletic you are.

There are alot of good teams out there who struggle due to poor blocking, it cripples you and right now it is crippling Flacco. I'm not one to make excuses but we have been around Flacco for nearly a decade now, he is who he is (Superbowl winning, playoff proven contender), but he needs the right pieces around him to make it happen, and so far in 2017 he does not.

And let's be honest...who is gonna step in and do it better than Flacco? You better call papa John's and ask Peyton to come out of retirement real quick.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
He hated humph on the br.com board. He's a flat out liar
There are many others like that also, I just don't have the archives, but other people may remember more than me from other players. However I've had it with his claims.

Last edited:

Christian Schwarz

Practice Squad
Lol the only thing good about Ryan Mallett starting would be playing every single defense we go up against(Browns included) in DFS and reel in the big bucks.

Mallett showed in the preseason that he is barely a legit backup QB and to start him would be to throw the whole season away. Plus it will never happen unless Flaccos injured bc of how much we are paying Flacco, he is still young and well under contract. And like it or not he gives us the best chance to win.

Christian Schwarz

Practice Squad
start him next week and i bet he puts up more points than flacco has all season
Fair weather season begins!!! Mallett is worse than Flacco period. So ok let's start him and see how he likes dealing with what Flacco has dealt with so far this season - No pass protection, sacks for days, poor run blocking and inconsistent run game and horrible play calling. And to top it off an injured defense that can't stop the run. Ryan Mallett would FAIL.

Mallett was doing nothing in the preseason and if Flacco would have been injured into the regular season we would have brought in another QB who offers more than Mallett, hence all the preseason Kaepernick rumors. We were close to signing Colin Kaepernick and all his baggage to be Joe's replacement if he were injured, because of how terrible Ryan Mallett is.

Mallett sucked ALL OFF SEASON. ALL PRESEASON and will never be anything more than a back up preferably 3rd string QB

RayRayRaven

Veteran
Fair weather season begins!!! Mallett is worse than Flacco period. So ok let's start him and see how he likes dealing with what Flacco has dealt with so far this season - No pass protection, sacks for days, poor run blocking and inconsistent run game and horrible play calling. And to top it off an injured defense that can't stop the run. Ryan Mallett would FAIL.

Mallett was doing nothing in the preseason and if Flacco would have been injured into the regular season we would have brought in another QB who offers more than Mallett, hence all the preseason Kaepernick rumors. We were close to signing Colin Kaepernick and all his baggage to be Joe's replacement if he were injured, because of how terrible Ryan Mallett is.

Mallett sucked ALL OFF SEASON. ALL PRESEASON and will never be anything more than a back up preferably 3rd string QB

mallet played better in the jags game. let him start vs the raiders and see if he handles prime time better. cant hurt.

or we can play joejoe and hope for a +5 turnover advantage and pull the game out that way.

The Greek

Veteran

they have been starting the highest paid 3rd stringer all season thus far. time to give the other guy a chance