• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Joe Flacco

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
well we all look like idiots - he's not a bad qb he was just playing awful...

The only one's in here that may have looked like "idiots" are those who refused to acknowledge that Flacco was playing awful in the first place.

I don't know that anyone looks like idiots except those who were not just acknowledging his abysmal play but calling him garbage and done, etc. He hasn't played well since his injury, and, let's remember it is only one game. It is my hope it is his turnaround game and he's back but who knows.

I was one of those who said Flacco was garbage because to me....he's played like garbage for far too long. And although he played well against the Raiders, doing so in 1 game doesn't warrant a complete 180 in my thinking about his game play because this has been his pattern. Play well in one game and then like trash in the next.

So, let's see "IF" he can continue to lead this offense in putting on a good performance in a similar fashion as he did against the Bears and the Vikings. I hope so!

It's true that most WR's don't start to hit their stride until year 3 and with Perriman missing all of his preseason games, except game four last year, it makes it more difficult. Atleast he had the chance to participate in the offseason workouts and some of training camp this year.
I have to be honest, I was on the Perriman bandwagon along with Ravensfan23 on the old site and defended him vigorously last year even when he had his struggles, but the clock is definitely ticking on him and he needs to make plays this year, if not I do not think he will be relied upon next year. I understand just as much as anyone about how injuries have hurt him because they have been devastating but sadly in the NFL that matters little to coaches. He's going to have to make plays ASAP because he's going ghost right now and it will be a matter of time until someone else emerges and takes targets from him. It's unfortunate because we know that Joe sometimes has trust issues with receivers so he will have to consistently win at the LOS and get open.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I have to be honest, I was on the Perriman bandwagon along with Ravensfan23 on the old site and defended him vigorously last year even when he had his struggles, but the clock is definitely ticking on him and he needs to make plays this year, if not I do not think he will be relied upon next year. I understand just as much as anyone about how injuries have hurt him because they have been devastating but sadly in the NFL that matters little to coaches. He's going to have to make plays ASAP because he's going ghost right now and it will be a matter of time until someone else emerges and takes targets from him. It's unfortunate because we know that Joe sometimes has trust issues with receivers so he will have to consistently win at the LOS and get open.
Unfortunately it is very true. If he doesn’t start to make more plays, then he may never get that opportunity as a Raven.

Unfortunately it is very true. If he doesn’t start to make more plays, then he may never get that opportunity as a Raven.
I just hope that the coaches put him in a position to succeed and of course that he takes advantage of that. That's all you can hope for right now.

Kinda hard to do from the sideline. He's back on the injury report.
Yeah, it’s just unfortunate, if your injured then there’s nothing you can do. I just wish he could stay on the field for just one whole offseason, literally just stay healthy and work on your game instead of rehabbing, some people don’t realize how detrimental that is to your progress.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
Well, it's only one game, but it's certainly a step in a positive direction. If Flacco can at least take care of the football like he did against the Raiders then we should continue to win a lot of games. And if the deep passing plays continue to develop then maybe we can get the old Flacco back.

On a related note: where the fuck is Perriman? I can only imagine how dangerous the offense could be if he would actually show up (Flacco can't be blamed for everything on the offense).

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
Well, it's only one game, but it's certainly a step in a positive direction. If Flacco can at least take care of the football like he did against the Raiders then we should continue to win a lot of games. And if the deep passing plays continue to develop then maybe we can get the old Flacco back.

On a related note: where the fuck is Perriman? I can only imagine how dangerous the offense could be if he would actually show up (Flacco can't be blamed for everything on the offense).
He can be blamed for not throwing the ball to Perriman. He was definitely getting open last week

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
He can be blamed for not throwing the ball to Perriman. He was definitely getting open last week
Yeah. If Perriman and Flacco get some chemistry then he'll definitely start throwing in his direction. A better OC would probably be drawing up some plays to get Perriman a couple easy catches just to help them out.

The only one's in here that may have looked like "idiots" are those who refused to acknowledge that Flacco was playing awful in the first place.

I was one of those who said Flacco was garbage because to me....he's played like garbage for far too long. And although he played well against the Raiders, doing so in 1 game doesn't warrant a complete 180 in my thinking about his game play because this has been his pattern. Play well in one game and then like trash in the next.

So, let's see "IF" he can continue to lead this offense in putting on a good performance in a similar fashion as he did against the Bears and the Vikings. I hope so!
Some are quickly trying to stamp out the flames on Flacco's burning effigy, but I agree - 1 game doesn't warrant a massive change of heart.

He's got to show that he won't go Coma Joe on us for long stretches and needs to show some level of positive consistency. Not asking him to transform this offense into a juggernaut but want to see him make it at least respectable. He's paid do at least to that.

Our season depends on it.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
I can't be mad at him for not trusting Perriman yet at least until he can catch the ball.
I can be mad at him for not including Perriman and working him in with some catchable balls instead of throwing to him at the last second with 3 defenders breathing down Perriman's neck! It's Flacco's job to include all his assets and get them to help the team. Remember the game Torrey played after his brother passed, Flacco went to him right after a huge TD drop and that helped Torrey put forth a record game. He seems to have forgotten that it is Flacco's job to get his entire receiving corps sharp and engaged.

Tank

Hall of Famer
I can be mad at him for not including Perriman and working him in with some catchable balls instead of throwing to him at the last second with 3 defenders breathing down Perriman's neck! It's Flacco's job to include all his assets and get them to help the team. Remember the game Torrey played after his brother passed, Flacco went to him right after a huge TD drop and that helped Torrey put forth a record game. He seems to have forgotten that it is Flacco's job to get his entire receiving corps sharp and engaged.
Perriman has been dropping passes since college, no comparison to Torrey’s record game. And I thought it was Flacco’s job to help win games.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Some are quickly trying to stamp out the flames on Flacco's burning effigy, but I agree - 1 game doesn't warrant a massive change of heart.

He's got to show that he won't go Coma Joe on us for long stretches and needs to show some level of positive consistency. Not asking him to transform this offense into a juggernaut but want to see him make it at least respectable. He's paid do at least to that.

Our season depends on it.

"Coma-Joe" :lol::lol:

Ain't that the truth though? I can appreciate his playing well...on the road out west and against the Raiders but I want to see him maintain a consistent level of game play. Listen! To me, some "damn" body on this team besides Tucker needs to be consistent! Hell! Why shouldn't it be the starting/franchise QB?