• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Joe Flacco

Tank

Hall of Famer
It bears repeating over and over. Consistent QB play goes hand in hand with consistent O line, RB and WR performance. While there is the occasional outlier, if you watch games across the league great QB performances are generally a by product of good protection and good performance from the other offensive skill positions. Even the best need their team mates.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
It bears repeating over and over. Consistent QB play goes hand in hand with consistent O line, RB and WR performance. While there is the occasional outlier, if you watch games across the league great QB performances are generally a by product of good protection and good performance from the other offensive skill positions. Even the best need their team mates.
And Flacco's no exception. Time and time again, when Flacco is protected well, it's almost a certainty that he'll transform into Playoff Joe in the regular season. Simple as that.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Absolutely no question. A team will not be consistent in qb, rb, or wr play without a consistent offensive line. Show me a franchise qb and I’ll show you his offensive line. Gibbs is the only coach to win with multiple qbs and not one of them was a franchise qb, but the skins had the Hoggs and that is why they were so consistent thougought the 80s and into the early 90s.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
And Flacco's no exception. Time and time again, when Flacco is protected well, it's almost a certainty that he'll transform into Playoff Joe in the regular season. Simple as that.
If only he had great vision he may not have needed to be protected for that long. While I agree he performs better if he has time in the pocket, so does every other QB when you think about it. What separates the great ones from others is their vision and dissection of the defense so they can get the ball out quicker. Also, building a rapport and timing with receivers doesn't hurt and we all know Flacco is severely lacking in that department. For one, he sat out the preseason this year, but even if he had TC, he never ever took extra time to throw to his receivers - ever! Even Sanchez did that! Come on man!

3-4ravdef509

Practice Squad
If only he had great vision he may not have needed to be protected for that long. While I agree he performs better if he has time in the pocket, so does every other QB when you think about it. What separates the great ones from others is their vision and dissection of the defense so they can get the ball out quicker. Also, building a rapport and timing with receivers doesn't hurt and we all know Flacco is severely lacking in that department. For one, he sat out the preseason this year, but even if he had TC, he never ever took extra time to throw to his receivers - ever! Even Sanchez did that! Come on man!

Hey moron, he did that this year lol. He's done it in pervious years too. Not everybody has always been able to find time to get together, they have families and lives outside football

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
Hey moron, he did that this year lol. He's done it in pervious years too. Not everybody has always been able to find time to get together, they have families and lives outside football
What "Pervious" years has he done it in Rex Tillerson? He talked about doing it this year, but I don't believe it happened.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Don't let Mili see this LOL.

Too late @Dom McRaven.

But, all I will say about tomorrow's game is that while the O-line, RB's, WR's and TE's need to do their jobs collectively for the offense to me good to great, yada, yada, yada....I still want and NEED this dude that showed up LAST WEEK to play QB....to show up again TOMORROW. Pleeeease man! Please!

tempRaiders100817sh010WEB--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Too late @Dom McRaven.

But, all I will say about tomorrow's game is that while the O-line, RB's, WR's and TE's need to do their jobs collectively for the offense to me good to great, yada, yada, yada....I still want and NEED this dude that showed up LAST WEEK to play QB....to show up again TOMORROW. Pleeeease man! Please!

Well now that you asked him nicely, he’ll be happy to have one of those breakout games....

Tank

Hall of Famer
Yeah, the “Joe has a bad work ethic......doesn’t put the time in.......just makes babies.........” is more fake news produced by the people who just don’t like him no matter what he does.

I remember there was a guy on the old boards that went as far as to complain about one of Flacco’s front teeth being discolored. lol Some just can’t stand the fact that a laid back family guy has become a wealthy NFL QB.

Tank

Hall of Famer
Too late @Dom McRaven.

But, all I will say about tomorrow's game is that while the O-line, RB's, WR's and TE's need to do their jobs collectively for the offense to me good to great, yada, yada, yada....I still want and NEED this TEAM that showed up LAST WEEK to play WELL ....to show up again TOMORROW. Pleeeease man! Please!

Fixed it for ya. Love the pic. GO RAVENS!!!!! :ravens:

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
Yeah, the “Joe has a bad work ethic......doesn’t put the time in.......just makes babies.........” is more fake news produced by the people who just don’t like him no matter what he does.

I remember there was a guy on the old boards that went as far as to complain about one of Flacco’s front teeth being discolored. lol Some just can’t stand the fact that a laid back family guy has become a wealthy NFL QB.

Tbh I was one of those guys that constantly wanted him to put in some xtra time with the receivers and on here and the old board nobody called me out on that. Now on the 2014 column it said they were just planning too and I'm not sure if they did or not but in the 2010 one it looks like they did since Anquan and Stallworth were new receivers.