• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Joe Flacco

3-4ravdef509

Practice Squad
Has a more accurate description of Joe Flacco ever been made?

“Joe Flacco has done a lot of good things in the NFL, and some of them even happened in the 2018 season. Flacco isn’t far removed from a 363 yard and two touchdown performance in a win over the Steelers. That happened in week four, he can clearly still play the position. Flacco may have never been truly great but he is capable of great moments. His Super Bowl run in 2012 was masterful and he’s always been capable of these kinds of performances. He isn’t consistently great but he’s usually solid. Flacco is a quarterback whose low moments are truly putrid, his average performance is solid and his best moments are fit for the stuff of legends. If you can handle one or two clunkers of a game per season, Flacco is a quarterback you can win with.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/ebonyb...lacco-vs-nick-foles-coveted-available-qb/amp/

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor

“Joe Flacco has done a lot of good things in the NFL, and some of them even happened in the 2018 season. Flacco isn’t far removed from a 363 yard and two touchdown performance in a win over the Steelers. That happened in week four, he can clearly still play the position. Flacco may have never been truly great but he is capable of great moments. His Super Bowl run in 2012 was masterful and he’s always been capable of these kinds of performances. He isn’t consistently great but he’s usually solid. Flacco is a quarterback whose low moments are truly putrid, his average performance is solid and his best moments are fit for the stuff of legends. If you can handle one or two clunkers of a game per season, Flacco is a quarterback you can win with.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/ebonyb...lacco-vs-nick-foles-coveted-available-qb/amp/

Hopefully, Joe lands on a good squad and can make it back to the playoffs. Unless he ends up facing us then I'd like to see if he can bring back some of that "January Joe" magic.

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
Hopefully, Joe lands on a good squad and can make it back to the playoffs. Unless he ends up facing us then I'd like to see if he can bring back some of that "January Joe" magic.
hopefully Joe will land on the squad that offers us the best deal so far as draft picks. I couldn't care less about him playing well once he gets there.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor

That about sums him up.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
I maintain we're going to get a really good pick/player through the Flacco trade. And no I don't drink anything colored purple nor am I in a blissful dream. I think we get better spoils than what KC got for Alex Smith - way better.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
I maintain we're going to get a really good pick/player through the Flacco trade. And no I don't drink anything colored purple nor am I in a blissful dream. I think we get better spoils than what KC got for Alex Smith - way better.

Smith was coming off what is considered his best season.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
hopefully Joe will land on the squad that offers us the best deal so far as draft picks. I couldn't care less about him playing well once he gets there.

We should definitely only trade him to the highest bidder, but I still hope that he plays well wherever he goes.

O

OriolesMagicPlease

So all that love about Mark Andrews was just bullshit, huh? Ain't this about a bitch......

Hold up, wait a minute! First of all, it wasn't a secret that I have loved Joe since 2008.

Second, the Orioles got rid of my favorite player in 2014 and it broke my heart into a thousand pieces. I still haven't recovered.
So I wasn't going to let that happen to me again. The writing was on the wall about Joe this year so I knew I needed to fill that eventual void.

Enter Mark stage right. :heart:

And I won't lie, I did have a side thing going with Steve Smith Sr. for a hot minute or two. :p

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Hold up, wait a minute! First of all, it wasn't a secret that I have loved Joe since 2008.

Second, the Orioles got rid of my favorite player in 2014 and it broke my heart into a thousand pieces. I still haven't recovered.
So I wasn't going to let that happen to me again. The writing was on the wall about Joe this year so I knew I needed to fill that eventual void.

And I won't lie, I did have a side thing going with Steve Smith Sr. for a hot minute or two. :p
Smitty, eh?

Screen-Shot-2014-02-28-at-5.01.01-PM.png

Tank

Hall of Famer

Nick is FA, maybe he'll come back and mend your heart.

A1A

Veteran
You need to wake up from your dream

If this was say 2014 then yea maybe still a long shot. We would really be fleecing someone lol.

Now back to reality, IMO I believe the best trade out there is with the Jags..straight up for Ramsey no picks. The Broncos have nothing we want other than picks and maybe an OLine man. No team will give up a 1st or 2nd for #5. The Jags are going QB in the draft and will need a vet. Foles price tag will be a problem for the Jags not the Broncos who I think are going all in on him. Therefore we trade for Ramsey(a guy that wants to leave anyway). With Jimmy and Weddle out the door this is our best chance at landing him.

We'll break the bank with the Flacco trade. This is Eric's first trade and I think he'll get us a great deal. I think we get a 2nd, 3rd and a 2nd again for next season + top 10 RB.
Dude ... there are plenty of analysts saying that we wont get ANYTHING for him ... that teams will potentially wait for him to be released and then try to sign him as an FA. Personally, I'm holding out hope we just get something.

You have to remember - like anything, price is a function of supply and demand. Supply is low, but demand is also. There just arent that many teams where Flacco makes sense. So we just need a couple that really want to make a go for him and understand the only way to ensure they get him is through a trade, but there is not going to be a bidding war.

If we get a 3rd rounder, I'll be absolutely giddy.

A1A

Veteran
Dude ... there are plenty of analysts saying that we wont get ANYTHING for him ... that teams will potentially wait for him to be released and then try to sign him as an FA. Personally, I'm holding out hope we just get something.

You have to remember - like anything, price is a function of supply and demand. Supply is low, but demand is also. There just arent that many teams where Flacco makes sense. So we just need a couple that really want to make a go for him and understand the only way to ensure they get him is through a trade, but there is not going to be a bidding war.

If we get a 3rd rounder, I'll be absolutely giddy.

The hope here lies with teams pulling the trigger in fear that another team will trade for him and not allow him to hit FA. Fingers crossed.