• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Joe Flacco

Tanking doesn’t guarantee getting your QB of the future and not tanking doesn’t guarantee you won’t. It shifts the odds some and yes there are times when the #1 is super attractive target like Luck but then you can’t just be bad you have to be the absolute worst.

So yes that shit Indy franchise dumped Manning and plugged in the worst possible QB and totally tanked but that’s rare. I don’t see organizations like Denver or JAX going that route.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Tanking doesn’t guarantee getting your QB of the future and not tanking doesn’t guarantee you won’t. It shifts the odds some and yes there are times when the #1 is super attractive target like Luck but then you can’t just be bad you have to be the absolute worst.

So yes that shit Indy franchise dumped Manning and plugged in the worst possible QB and totally tanked but that’s rare. I don’t see organizations like Denver or JAX going that route.

exactly - all the jets fans out there 2 seasons ago going 'scam for sam' and they did eventually get him but only because he wasnt the best qb prospect in the draft by the time the draft came around

exactly - all the jets fans out there 2 seasons ago going 'scam for sam' and they did eventually get him but only because he wasnt the best qb prospect in the draft by the time the draft came around
... and both Houston and KC did a good job of being competitive and still getting their QB. Now it did require draft capital to move up but they got their QB of the future. Hell ... we are all hoping we got our QB of the future and got him at 32!

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
If that's unconceivable then let's package Flacco with another player and or pick. I mean theres been unimaginable trades done in recent years. Dont act like teams dont do these type of things. We need to roll the dice and stop being scared like we have been.
Ramsey is about to holdout big time and it's already looking ugly. Its about $$$ and we about to come across quite a bit. Let's use it.

Not the kinda dollars to sign him and its nowhere near as much as people are thinking.

It looks nice to be something like 11th or 12th in cap space once the releases happen (likely still FAR behind the teams with a ton though), but a LOT of that money is going to to towards resigning the players currently on the roster. Brown and ZDS leave and thats fine and 15M+ saved.

Mosley is taking a big chunk of that (you will want to actually have the cap hits frontloaded this time), then look on the horizon at next offseason and you want to start checking those boxes as soon as possible. You got Young, Judon, and possibly Moore, Lewis, Dixon all up who will all want a check. If you want to not be running up against the cap every year then dropping 10m per on one of the mega FAs that rarely pan out is probably not ideal.

Tru11

Practice Squad

Manning missed the season with a neck injury.
Highly doubt they inflicted the injury to manning so he would end up on IR and thus put in a shitty QB to suck for luck.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
... and both Houston and KC did a good job of being competitive and still getting their QB. Now it did require draft capital to move up but they got their QB of the future. Hell ... we are all hoping we got our QB of the future and got him at 32!

Certainly hoping but that was a very unusual draft with 5 QBs available in it.

Manning missed the season with a neck injury.
Highly doubt they inflicted the injury to manning so he would end up on IR and thus put in a shitty QB to suck for luck.
Well true they didn’t inflict his injury but the topic is tanking. They were more than happy to replace Manning with a trash QB and tank rather than bring in a remotely respectable QB. If you don’t think they tanked that season to get Luck then no team in the history of sports has ever tanked

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Well some Jets fan bought a jets custom Rosen jersey when he was still at USC

Tru11

Practice Squad
Well true they didn’t inflict his injury but the topic is tanking. They were more than happy to replace Manning with a trash QB and tank rather than bring in a remotely respectable QB. If you don’t think they tanked that season to get Luck then no team in the history of sports has ever tanked

Quite curious which remotely respectable QB could come in and replace manning on that colts team.

Outside of Brees, Rodgers and Brady i cant think of any QB , that would have been able to come in and carry that team like he did.
Even that is a stretch as those teams where horrible out of the K,the P , 2 pass rushers,1 safety and 2 WRs............

Quite curious which remotely respectable QB could come in and replace manning on that colts team.

Outside of Brees, Rodgers and Brady i cant think of any QB , that would have been able to come in and carry that team like he did.
Even that is a stretch as those teams where horrible out of the K,the P , 2 pass rushers,1 safety and 2 WRs............
Who is saying that they needed to bring in a QB that was Manning's equal?

OK - I guess you're right - they did the absolute best they could and tried their as hard as possible to not get the first pick in the draft, but it just worked out that way. Suuuurrre.

Tru11

Practice Squad

OK - I guess you're right - they did the absolute best they could and tried their as hard as possible to not get the first pick in the draft, but it just worked out that way. Suuuurrre.

in order for the colts to have a chance in winning they needed a QB that could replace manning.

its how that team was build since he has been there and shit its still the the same with luck there.

so again who the fk could they brought in to gave them a shot at the SB?

Inqui

Pro Bowler

Honestly I think the Colts having a horrendous season sans Manning was just a product of how next-level godawful that team was outside him (and a testament to how great Manning was to win anything at all). I wouldn't put it past the Packers to have a similar season if Rodgers were to miss an entire season.

Irsay fluked his way into two generational talents in quick succession.

But with that said tanking for the first pick wouldn't be a viable strategy for the Ravens unless you end up with a 2015-like season where the season's already lost so you start IRing people whenever they get a headache or a hangnail.

in order for the colts to have a chance in winning they needed a QB that could replace manning.

its how that team was build since he has been there and shit its still the the same with luck there.

so again who the fk could they brought in to gave them a shot at the SB?
Omg how far off the path has this exchange gotten? A shot at the SB? What? I’m talking about not losing 14 games (or whatever they lost I’m not wasting my time looking it up).

The whole discussion was about what teams would trade for Flacco. Someone said why should Denver or Washington trade for him cause they’ve not likely going to go far with or without him. I said I don’t think they are going to go the way Indy did and not try to improve themselves at the position to tank.

I think Indy tanked the season. You don’t. We’ll leave it at that. But then as I said no team in the history of the league has if that season doesn’t qualify.

Tru11

Practice Squad
Omg how far off the path has this exchange gotten? A shot at the SB? What? I’m talking about not losing 14 games (or whatever they lost I’m not wasting my time looking it up).

The whole discussion was about what teams would trade for Flacco. Someone said why should Denver or Washington trade for him cause they’ve not likely going to go far with or without him. I said I don’t think they are going to go the way Indy did and not try to improve themselves at the position to tank.

I think Indy tanked the season. You don’t. We’ll leave it at that. But then as I said no team in the history of the league has if that season doesn’t qualify.

Unless you can proof that the Colts injured manning on purpose or they stashed him on IR when healthy , you have nothing that suggested they tanked.

With a healthy Manning they dont go 2-14.

So where is your proof that there is foul play concerning Manning going on IR?