• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Joe Flacco

Unless you can proof that the Colts injured manning on purpose or they stashed him on IR when healthy , you have nothing that suggested they tanked.

With a healthy Manning they dont go 2-14.

So where is your proof that there is foul play concerning Manning going on IR?
And on it goes ...Injured Manning on purpose ... what does that have to do with them tanking? So let's break free of the Indy conversation for a moment ...

Let's consider Washington ... They didn't break Smiths leg, right? OK. Now, let's say Smith can't play all year. If they pick up Nathan Peterman, watch him throw 4 pick 6s a game and say ... we don't need to go seek a replacement ... maybe he'll do better next game ... and do nothing to improve themselves at that position - Did they tank the season?

Please don't say a thing except for answering the question - Yes or No?

Tru11

Practice Squad
And on it goes ...Injured Manning on purpose ... what does that have to do with them tanking? So let's break free of the Indy conversation for a moment ...

Let's consider Washington ... They didn't break Smiths leg, right? OK. Now, let's say Smith can't play all year. If they pick up Nathan Peterman, watch him throw 4 pick 6s a game and say ... we don't need to go seek a replacement ... maybe he'll do better next game ... and do nothing to improve themselves at that position - Did they tank the season?

Please don't say a thing except for answering the question - Yes or No?

No.

Injuries to players at certain positions can be the difference between winning and losing.

Not to mention there is only so much a team can do when they loose their starting QB for the season.

How exactly do you expect them to improve themselves during the season?

Trade for a back up?
Trade for a starter?
Bring in FA who are FA for a reason?

No.

Injuries to players at certain positions can be the difference between winning and losing.

Not to mention there is only so much a team can do when they loose their starting QB for the season.

How exactly do you expect them to improve themselves during the season?

Trade for a back up?
Trade for a starter?
Bring in FA who are FA for a reason?
It was known that Manning was not going to play during the offseason - so why do you say improve yourself during the season? Just more of the kind of stuff you say to prove a point that doesn't match with what is being debated.

That's why I brought up the Skins scenario if Smith were to declare he's done. And to that you gave your answer. If a team will not make any move to improve a position in the offseason that is a glaring weakness and is at the position that matters most ... then that is not tanking.

On that - we disagree.

That wasn't that hard, was it?

Tru11

Practice Squad
It was known that Manning was not going to play during the offseason - so why do you say improve yourself during the season? Just more of the kind of stuff you say to prove a point that doesn't match with what is being debated.

That's why I brought up the Skins scenario if Smith were to declare he's done. And to that you gave your answer. If a team will not make any move to improve a position in the offseason that is a glaring weakness and is at the position that matters most ... then that is not tanking.

On that - we disagree.

That wasn't that hard, was it?

Its hard for you apperently.

You said to consider Washington which i did and replied to and here you go brining up Manning and the colts.

If you are not a idiot then you should figure out that i said during the season because YOU was talking about Peterman throwing 4 pick 6 a game.
Im pretty sure you dont meant games in the off season because that would be retarded.
So it safe to assume you mean during the season.

And so what if the Colts knew that Manning would miss the season.
Aint shit they could have done to replace what he brought to the table period.

Since you know it so well how about you start listing names of QBs the Colts could have reaslisticly gotten that would make them win games like they did with Manning.

Who could improve that position so they wont miss Manning?

Just heard the ravens have agreed in principle to a trade with Denver. Thanks for the memories Joe, and good luck!

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
Farewell Joe. I remember thinking you would be a Raven for life. Unfortunately it didn't work out, but I'll be rooting for you in Denver, unless it's against the Ravens.

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
Broncos have Two 4s and two 5s in this year's draft. I'd imagine and hope that DeCosta got us an early 4 for a deal to be struck this early....hopefully

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
What do the Broncos look like o-line and receiver wise?
Emmanuel Sanders is coming off of a bad Achilles. But Sutton looks like a good player. If they retain Paradis they still have work to do on the oline but he will have good RBs. They have work to do

mc_red23

Pro Bowler
Emmanuel Sanders is coming off of a bad Achilles. But Sutton looks like a good player. If they retain Paradis they still have work to do on the oline but he will have good RBs. They have work to do

So hes not in that much of a better situation than he had here. I hope for his sake they go all in on supporting Flacco in free agency and the draft. I know they have the RB's which would give him some help at least.

Just seen on Twitter that it's the 11th pick of the 4th round.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
I know I bash him a lot, but thank you for everything, Joe. You will be missed and will be a Raven forever. Good luck in Denver.

mc_red23

Pro Bowler
Would be a good move for the Broncos to pick up John Brown from the Ravens, he is only wasted here.

Brown actually posted a cryptic tweet earlier about the Flacco trade. I would have loved for us to keep Brown but it makes very little sense for him to stay. I would worry about our speed if he goes though.